Help with mining on Fortuna

(PSN)Devil_of_Ramadi2

Question

Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm on the PS4, and have been playing Fortuna a lot. I noticed though that every time I go on a mining run there's at least 1 or 2 veins that are in an unreachable place. Like a cave ceiling for example. And there's no footing anywhere to jump onto. Was wondering if anyone has this problem too, and if anyone found a fix. Thanks for any replies. 

2 answers to this question

I've seen a similar post to this a long time ago because the same thing happens on PoE. I don't remember the specific reason but it has to do with how the game spawns mining veins. Something, something, eligible surface that happens to be unreachable.

I find them occasionally too so it's not just you. I will say try taking Ivara out with you sometime. She can create dashwires to get up closer.

If the vein is out of range for your mining tool, try to get on its side. With the addition of focus points, instead of mining around the vein like before, you just have to get the beam to hit in the general area. I've mined veins that were nearly 90 degrees facing away from me and got all the ore/gems I needed. As for ones that are out of reach no matter what, have you tried using Archwing? I have no idea if it would would, but if it does you could just hover in front of it.

Edited by (XB1)Space Pone
i can't spell vein to save my life, apparently