Problems I Face when trying to deal decent amounts of damage with my frames

(XBOX)oORubberFruitOo

Lack of platinum for primed mods.

Ridiculous prices for primed mods in trading.

Not knowing good mod builds (Could you give me a list of mod builds that work well with the frames you use.) 

this is most often leads to frustration for me due to the constant reworks.  Like so much frustration I want to claw out my own eyes.

Please help

Chill.  You posted this 9 minutes ago (at the point I started typing and you complained about the lack of replies), people aren't hanging on the forum waiting for your post.

Primed mods help, but aren't critical to do well - generally once you get a few basic build strategies down, the primed mods simply extend these.

Consider what the frame abilities do, perhaps even focus on one or two that work well together (not all builds make all frame abilities stellar, sometimes it requires different focuses).  Generally you're prioritising one or two attributes out of Range, Duration, Strength and Efficiency, and the mod cards for each are fairly clear:

• +Range -> Stretch, Augur Reach
  • +Duration -> Continuity, Augur Message, Constitution
  • +Strength -> Intensity, Augur Secrets (rare drop on the plains, hrdest to get of the Augur set)
  • +Efficiency -> Streamline

Most of these should be pretty obvious if you're building for one or two attributes of the above - focus on these cards, add around it afterwards. One complexity is channel focused builds, in which case build for efficiency, then duration to minimise energy/s use.

You'll hear a lot about corrupted mods, which usually add to one of these at the cost of reducing another, and combining these correctly can make for some silly min-maxing...but it's not critical.
One top of these, there are some basic utilities that help a lot:

• Vitality -> Worth putting on most setups to stay alive
  • Steel Fiber -> If the frame is well armoured, improve it with this
  • Flow -> Caster heavy frame or need long duration channeled abilities?  Add this

Finally, exalted abilities (Mesa's Peacemakes, Excalibur's blade, etc) require a little thought to the frame mod build as above, plus a suitable weapon build for the exalted weapon itself (which is really a topic for looking at the weapon builds themselves).

Hopefully this helps - you don't really need a mod guide, just think about which attributes the frame needs for the abilities to do their job, and the rest should drop into place!

Edited by (PS4)Voidkraken

Go into Void Relic missions and farm Prime parts. Sell them if they are worth 20+ plat otherwise trade in for ducats. Run Index to get credits. Buy Primed mods from Baro or from other players. Stop spamming.

There are many other ways of making platinum. You can earn Syndicate (Simaris included) standing and sell their offerings like rare mods or weapons. You can farm Fortuna standing and sell Pax Seeker mods. You can open relics. You can buy tons of mods from Baro and sell them when prices go back up in few weeks/months. You can farm Eidolons for Arcanes (but god, please watch some tutorials and don't jump into Tridolon to get carried). You can do Invasions for Wraith/Vandal weapon parts. You can roll Rivens with Kuva. You can mine/fish, then build and sell finished Arcanes from Quills/Hok.

There's probably loads of other ways of making plat. If you don't have the skill, or patience, or time, well you have to take your wallet out and buy some plat if you get a discount from the daily reward. Nobody is going to give you expensive stuff if you put just half an hour of actual work each day.

That being said, good luck and hope you get good enough in this game that you can look back at this post year later and laugh at it.

Edited by Bristoling

You have to take into consideration that some frames arent meant to bs DPS frames, not every frame is intended to be an equinox/mesa. Building for the most part comes down to frames in specific, which frame are you trying to deal damage with? What weapons are your favorites? These are all important question that should be answered before we can really help you. Primed mods are unnecessary, you can get by without them, I have most of them now myself, but I played the longest time without them, same gos with corrupted mods

For example Nyx is my main, she is not meant to be built for dps, shes a support/tank frame who gains the most advantage by having duration and range mods

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

18 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

You have to take into consideration that some frames arent meant to bs DPS frames, not every frame is intended to be an equinox/mesa. Building for the most part comes down to frames in specific, which frame are you trying to deal damage with? What weapons are your favorites? These are all important question that should be answered before we can really help you. Primed mods are unnecessary, you can get by without them, I have most of them now myself, but I played the longest time without them, same gos with corrupted mods

For example Nyx is my main, she is not meant to be built for dps, shes a support/tank frame who gains the most advantage by having duration and range mods

Mainly Valkyr Ember And Excalibur also quick question is Excalibur Umbra on  Xbox or he an exclusive of sorts  but I’m not shy of using other frames if I like how they look aesthetically.

Edited by (XB1)oORubberFruitOo

Excal umbra is available to everyone after completing the sacrifice quest line, he isnt exclusive to anyone, hes just a slightly better of excal. For me personally, I run a efficiency / power strength build for excal, so that exalted blade does more damage, and you can stay in it longer. Valkyr, I normally run duration and power strength, since only 2 of her abilities are actually decent. Duration for warcry, strength for warcry and hysteria. I dont play ember at all so im not sure how to buiild her.

8 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

Excal umbra is available to everyone after completing the sacrifice quest line, he isnt exclusive to anyone, hes just a slightly better of excal. For me personally, I run a efficiency / power strength build for excal, so that exalted blade does more damage, and you can stay in it longer. Valkyr, I normally run duration and power strength, since only 2 of her abilities are actually decent. Duration for warcry, strength for warcry and hysteria. I dont play ember at all so im not sure how to buiild her.

When do you start the sacrifice quest line and how do you start it? In addition I’ve been trying to start other quests but don’t know how to

You need to work your way through the star chart past sedna, and then you need to go into the void and complete MOT I think? Doing so will unlock the chains of harrow quest line, and then after that, the sacrifice quest will become available to play. Obviously you still need to complete the prerequisites for the quest though, as shown in the codex.

4 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

You need to work your way through the star chart past sedna, and then you need to go into the void and complete MOT I think? Doing so will unlock the chains of harrow quest line, and then after that, the sacrifice quest will become available to play. Obviously you still need to complete the prerequisites for the quest though, as shown in the codex.

Ok one more question how do I unlock fortuna? I ask these things because I’m somewhere between mastery rank 9 or 10 and haven’t been playing in a while.