Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Mission Handlers?

SinfulSpaceGoat

Has this ever been discussed or talked about by DE in anyway?

Having someone other than The Lotus yell at us through out a mission. Someone like Teshin or Maroo as a few examples. Similar to how you can change the announcer for moba games like Dota.

Already happens in a few missions. Would be a neat cosmetic choice.

Edited by SinfulSpaceGoat

18 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Steve answered a question about this in a stream he did before/during the console fortuna launch. If I remember, it pretty much boiled down to... it's too much work to actually do when they're working on too many other things.

The floofs. The floofs are important content

1 hour ago, Quait said:

The floofs. The floofs are important content

Compared to having to do a whole bunch of new voice work for already done lines and having to get every voice actor back to do future content? Floofs are infinitely easier to do.

Just now, peterc3 said:

Compared to having to do a whole bunch of new voice work for already done lines and having to get every voice actor back to do future content? Floofs are infinitely easier to do.

Got it, I was just teasing Rebecca cause during the livestream she made sure to let us know that floofs are basically the most important priority. I understand it was a joke

would be nice, but it means recording and editing a ton of voice lines. and you can't just make a different voice actor repeat the Lotus' lines, it wouldn't sound right. I'm no expert on voiceovers, but I'd say the hardest part is fitting the script with a character's personality: you wouldn't want Darvo talking all cold and direct like the Lotus, you'd want him to be a lot more laid back and cracking the odd joke, because that's what kind of person he is.

that said, there's few characters fit for the role I could stomach hearing all the time. Teshin gets my vote, darvo would be pretty cool, and Ordis taking over makes sense as he is the one we spend the most time with already. as for Maroo.. I'd rather chance an encounter with the Profit Taker with naught but an unranked Ember and a dull Butter Knife than listen to her all the damn time. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

would be nice, but it means recording and editing a ton of voice lines. and you can't just make a different voice actor repeat the Lotus' lines, it wouldn't sound right. I'm no expert on voiceovers, but I'd say the hardest part is fitting the script with a character's personality: you wouldn't want Darvo talking all cold and direct like the Lotus, you'd want him to be a lot more laid back and cracking the odd joke, because that's what kind of person he is.

that said, there's few characters fit for the role I could stomach hearing all the time. Teshin gets my vote, darvo would be pretty cool, and Ordis taking over makes sense as he is the one we spend the most time with already. as for Maroo.. I'd rather chance an encounter with the Profit Taker with naught but an unranked Ember and a dull Butter Knife than listen to her all the damn time. 

Teshin for space dad