Jump to content

Cephalon Jizo Deserves A Medal


Porp
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Obscenely long intro, zero actual thought put into the content, goofy to the point of distraction persona.

Disagree b/c he makes it very clear why vets say there is nothing to do.

Partners and also DE pay their rent when there is content to stream. If or when Anthem, Cyberpunk2077 or BL3 drop, etc and if they aren’t dogs, even the f2p he mentions, and has started streaming, there is going to be a sharp draw away of existing player base because they will be popularizing something else and draw newer players away.

He politely elides on that topic, but DE is not dumb and is aware of it. They ain’t gonna say it, because that meme is deadly to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Partners and also DE pay their rent when there is content to stream.

Why would I sit and watch some nobody play Warframe when I could be playing it myself? To that end, how does DE make money by people watching this crap?

32 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

If or when Anthem, Cyberpunk2077 or BL3 drop, etc and if they aren’t dogs, even the f2p he mentions, and has started streaming, there is going to be a sharp draw away of existing player base because they will be popularizing something else and draw newer players away.

Here's a secret: games have come and gone in the span of time Warframe has been active. People go play other games. They come back, generally. How is this a new thing that deserved a video on a topic that has been beaten to death, a coven of eldritch beings resurrected it and then beat it to death again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

To that end, how does DE make money by people watching this crap?

It's a cheap way to promote the game. DE doesn't pay those content creators / streamers, with the exception of the occasional sponsorship.

Plenty of people watch Twitch streamers and Youtube content creators ( by the large millions ). It's a way to bring new and old players to the game without spending ludicrous amounts of money on marketing campaigns.

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

They come back, generally. How is this a new thing that deserved a video on a topic that has been beaten to death, a coven of eldritch beings resurrected it and then beat it to death again?

The point that he, and others, are trying to make is that things are changing. With Anthem, and possibly other future titles, that follow the same game philosophy and borrowing the best that other games have ( including Warframe ), there will be heated competition fighting for the same loyal player base that Warframe has.

If these new titles are successful and indeed appeal to the same user base ( we will have to wait and see ), we could potentially see a mass exodus ( yeah, worst case scenario ) of vets that will prefer to try something new rather than sitting on their Orbiter all day.

Needless to say, the content creators that are a huge part of how DE promotes Warframe via the community, are also generally Vets - and they do this for a living. They may eventually decide to try out other games/content, which could be bad for DE.

( yes, highly speculative worst case scenario, just making a point )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

With Anthem, and possibly other future titles, that follow the same game philosophy and borrowing the best that other games have ( including Warframe ), there will be heated competition fighting for the same loyal player base that Warframe has.

Destiny killing Warframe was tough. Anthem doing the same might just sink DE.

This type of video is not new. It's quite old. By my count, Warframe has been killed by a new game coming out roughly 4.798 quintillion times. Why is Anthem, a game that is roughly the same as Warframe in the way Destiny is like Warframe, different?

Is EA/Bioware supposed to be a bigger threat than Activision/Bungie?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Needless to say, the content creators that are a huge part of how DE promotes Warframe via the community, are also generally Vets

Citation needed. The garbage that gets plastered over the forums certainly doesn't demonstrate this supposed fact.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

they do this for a living

They don't play Warframe for a living, though. They make videos on youtube. Their incentive is not to improve Warframe, it's to drive clicks/view time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Destiny killing Warframe was tough. Anthem doing the same might just sink DE.

The assumption that Warframe will forever dominate the looter/shooter RPG genre and that there's never anything to worry about is a bit naive, and even risky for DE to assume that. They need to be constantly innovating. If not Anthem, something else will eventually come up and try to capture the player base. The question is, how much of that player base will be lost if Anthem turns out to be awesome?

59 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Citation needed. The garbage that gets plastered over the forums certainly doesn't demonstrate this supposed fact.

This was mentioned by DE staff ( I think Rebecca, but not sure ) on a lengthy documentary about DE and Warframe. I don't remember all details, but if you haven't watched that documentary, I'd recommend it, it's pretty interesting.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

They don't play Warframe for a living, though. They make videos on youtube. Their incentive is not to improve Warframe, it's to drive clicks/view time.

True. They will play whatever brings them views/subs/likes/etc.

As much as they may really love Warframe ( and some really do ), at the end of the day they need to make a living, and if a fresh game appears within the same genre that shows potential and will appeal to the same player base ( which will typically be their own viewers/subs as well ), then they might focus on that game rather than creating Warframe content when there isn't really much to cover or talk about in "drought" periods.

If that has any tangible impact on Warframe .. I doubt it, but can't rule that out as a worst case scenario as said before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

The assumption that Warframe will forever dominate the looter/shooter RPG genre and that there's never anything to worry about is a bit naive, and even risky for DE to assume that. They need to be constantly innovating. If not Anthem, something else will eventually come up and try to capture the player base. The question is, how much of that player base will be lost if Anthem turns out to be awesome?

Anthem does not present a bigger threat than any other game. You are not understanding a key piece of my point. This is not new and has happened many times before. Unless Bioware pitches a curve ball and Anthem goes F2P from the start, Warframe and Anthem won't even be competing in the same realm. You are speculating about things you do not fully understand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Anthem does not present a bigger threat than any other game. You are not understanding a key piece of my point. This is not new and has happened many times before. Unless Bioware pitches a curve ball and Anthem goes F2P from the start, Warframe and Anthem won't even be competing in the same realm. You are speculating about things you do not fully understand.

Of course I'm speculating, I said exactly that. Read above. I also mentioned worst case scenario, in case you missed it.

I don't agree that there will be no competition, this is a really naive assumption based only on the fact that Warframe is F2P. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...