Putting Legendary Cores on the store?

ShasVa

I've recently been wondering about this possibility. If Legendary Cores were made purchasable on the store, say for 350 Platinum each, would this be considered pay to win?

I personally don't think so. I still believe that all of what the store has to offer is in the realm of pay for convenience, as most of it is obtainable in-game without spending a cent.

I have several highly-coveted mods that I'd like to max-out sometime this decade. If I have to farm Endo for half of that time, so be it. It'd just be nice to have a more convenient method of getting there.

I agree that endo is a pain, but I definitely feel this specific solution would backfire a bit. The in-game store is notoriously overpriced, so realistically if this became a thing they would absolutely cost at least double or triple your suggestion and at that point it becomes a complete waste. I mean for god's sake a little "dragon mod pack" gives you practically no value and it costs 90 platinum. Don't even get me started on the credit packs. They really need to update these prices but until then the marketplace doesn't offer good value for anything outside cosmetics.

Like the other guy said, trade chat is your best bet if you really want to spend plat.

• Like 5

No, please. I hate then game cash shop sells anything with “legendary” in it. There is something sleazy in it. Dragon mod packs or High roller credit bundles sleazy.

I would check Warframe.market site in your shoes. No need to register if you do not plan to sell, you can buy Legendary cores from other players (a warning - 1mln trade tax to DE), you can buy maxed out mods or you can buy Ayatan sculptures to max out mods yourself (will need credits to pay for leveling mods). I think few max Prime mods sell for more then 300pl (but they are taxed too).

Edited by rand0mname

Here are the mods I want to bring to max-rank as soon as possible:

• Primed Vigor
  • Adaptation
  • Heavy Caliber
  • Hornet Strike
  • Primed Pressure Point/Fury/Reach
  • all of the Sacrifice and Umbra mods

I can wreck face and survive so much right now (Inaros is already nigh-unkillable). Having those mods above at max would make playing anything all the more sweeter.

Edited by ShasVa

probably won't happen, besides, Endo is easy to get, the game practically throws it at you with Excavations, Arbitrations, Sorties etc. and then there's Maroo whose missions guarantee you at least one sculpture a week if you know how to do the (super easy) parkour rooms. and then on top of that, all sculptures are tradeable.

even getting the 40k endo needed for maxing a primed mod isn't really hard anymore. time consuming, yes, but not difficult.

• 1 month later...

meeh...if it is pay to win I ask why didn't everyone have riven mods for pay to win?  Make things worst the obvious.  There is no point make pay to win for it when everyone just wanted go to the story and the game would be pointless.  Even thou it would bring madness again with Department of warframe's money issue again.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh that sweet insanity for no one had step in it yet.

Considering the core gameplay loop is mostly acquisition through combat, having something like that in the market would negate that entirely and have a negative effect on the economy. Nobody would bother getting statues for endo, or running the index for credits to level stuff with. Then there would be "remove statues and endo from the sortie rewards, we don't need it" threads constantly.

It's a terrible idea, for many other reasons, and would never happen. 

Edited by TheGuyver

2k hours and got my first legendary core in a random sortie run, thats rng for ya😑

Now to OP, I dont really consider them p2w but pay to skip, skip the grind for endo. Some people just dont want to grind for endo, even when we got so many options for it, adding to the store is a no no from my pov.

I consider buying legendary cores as a waste of plat when ayatans exists and are the more affordable choice.

In the market 1000 endo costs 100 plat, so 40k endo to max a prime mod would cost 4000 plat. Plus credits of course.

Depending on platform and chat server sculptures go for 5p to 20p? For 1400 to 3400 endo each. 

Tbh even buyin a core from trade chat for the 350p they seen to go for is a bad deal, I'm personaly not bothered if they put them in the market or not as I wont be buying one but it will give me a giggle if I find out someone has.

On 2018-12-17 at 5:13 PM, AzureTerra said:

it would devalue getting one as a reward from sorties, buy them from trade if you need those mods maxed out

4 hours ago, (XB1)Muttz v2 said:

In the market 1000 endo costs 100 plat, so 40k endo to max a prime mod would cost 4000 plat. Plus credits of course.

Depending on platform and chat server sculptures go for 5p to 20p? For 1400 to 3400 endo each. 

Tbh even buyin a core from trade chat for the 350p they seen to go for is a bad deal, I'm personaly not bothered if they put them in the market or not as I wont be buying one but it will give me a giggle if I find out someone has.

Legendary cores are going for less than 200 Plat on consoles.

With the advent of ESO and AYATANS, offering it through the Market at 350 Plat would be a smart decision imho. 

It wouldn’t appreciably devalue trade costs but would still make DE money for the convenience factor.

On 2018-12-17 at 5:10 PM, ShasVa said:

I've recently been wondering about this possibility. If Legendary Cores were made purchasable on the store, say for 350 Platinum each, would this be considered pay to win?

I personally don't think so. I still believe that all of what the store has to offer is in the realm of pay for convenience, as most of it is obtainable in-game without spending a cent.

I have several highly-coveted mods that I'd like to max-out sometime this decade. If I have to farm Endo for half of that time, so be it. It'd just be nice to have a more convenient method of getting there.

to answer your question yes it would be pay to win. because you are buying power directly skipping the whole grind. Buying a maxed mod. why dont they just put maxed primed mods for sale since it's basically the same thing. 

thats clearly pay to win. as its not worth using a legendary core on a non primed mod anyway.

pay for convenience would be paying for a booster so u can get your endo/credits faster,  a core skips the entire grind all together besides waiting for the mod to come from baro. DE would never do something so clearly pay2win (by the definition i used)

its also the rarest item that is reasonably obtainable besides rivens and primed chamber. making it suddenly available just because is somewhat of a slap in the face.

YES it would make DE money. but they choose not to take the direct P2W route as much as they can and that is greatly appreciated. lets not have them start. ( im sure they dont want to anyway)

it also completly belittles it as the top tier sortie reward.

Edited by Makunogo