Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime Access - Surprise New Item in Prime Accessories!

SilverBones

In every other online game people complaining about p2w aspects meanwhile in Warframe people complaining about cosmetics that has no impact to the game whatsoever (that comes in a pack together with 4 other accessories + with plat and boosters that alone makes up for moneys value).

And so many people here talk as if they are paying 50$ only for the helmet. Yeah maybe this PA accessories are not ideal and can for sure use some criticism and improvement but also people seems like to be quite greedy. Don't be like Grinch at the Christmas time!

49 minutes ago, Dekaar said:

I don't get the big problem about it. DE is still a company that wants to sell stuff so that they can stay in business and pay their employees...

Prime Access seems to be one of the biggest moneymakers.

That is all completely true, and that is exactly why people expect that at least some effort was put into it.

6 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

That is all completely true, and that is exactly why people expect that at least some effort was put into it.

SOme effort =/= having to like it. DE has certainly put effort. Whether the offering is better or worse for anyone's taste, is something else.

I already commented on the announcement that Operator gear and a sugatra in a single pack felt shallow. I stated that a Syandana or the Prime Amp as a skin would feel better -- always bearing the feedback would be taken in favor of a future release.

However surprise -- they added a new item. IDK if it was made before, if they did it in a hurry, or what, but the point is that people asking for an Armor set or a Syandana at this stage was dellusional. Making a proper feeling armor set with effects or a Syandana with proper cloth physics, PBR material matching and good aesthetic takes some concepting time.

They could have also just sold the Pack as it was and call it a day.

2 minutes ago, EndGame_ said:

The only thing im not happy about...…. is that it is 5pm on the 18th and I still cant buy it 😢

DE always updates Prime Access at 2PM their time -- in literally 10 hours. So... I guess you'll have to get it tomorrow 😞

21 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

DE always updates Prime Access at 2PM their time -- in literally 10 hours. So... I guess you'll have to get it tomorrow 😞

Was looking for this info! Thanks!

Just they could do it a bit earlier in their time zone, EU players has to wait bit longer...

10 minutes ago, (XB1)SeeDelion said:

I mean it was such a late add on and they make it prime accessories only, kinda disappoints me tbh, I got plat to buy her off the market but then they add this I would just bought prime access, bad time is all I have to say 

Welp, accessories pack before was pretty weak, so they have to add better selling stuff, but kinda weird choice with alt helmet, which are normally obtainable in game

I have an idea for DE ...

1) For now sell prime accessories with alt helmet

2) Create a syandana which reflects cowboy style more and show the community and ask feedback about the syandana (or maybe cowboy scarf).

3) If everybody likes the syandana, then only those people who bought mesa prime accessories will get the syandana and that alt helmet will become farmable for higher level content

Simple!

It would resolve the issue with players who bought accessories pack as they would be getting exclusive cool looking syandana for buying accessories pack and would also keep the tradition of alt helmets been farmable!

6 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Welp, accessories pack before was pretty weak, so they have to add better selling stuff, but kinda weird choice with alt helmet, which are normally obtainable in game

It weird and tbh they could’ve come out with a syandana or armour set, but alt helm should we expect alt prime helms for every prime frame now and even so should they really by prime access we every other helm is obtainable

7 minutes ago, Meinbinwar said:

I have an idea for DE ...

1) For now sell prime accessories with alt helmet

2) Create a syandana which reflects cowboy style more and show the community and ask feedback about the syandana (or maybe cowboy scarf).

3) If everybody likes the syandana, then only those people who bought mesa prime accessories will get the syandana and that alt helmet will become farmable for higher level content

Simple!

It would resolve the issue with players who bought accessories pack as they would be getting exclusive cool looking syandana for buying accessories pack and would also keep the tradition of alt helmets been farmable!

I'm not so sure about that. Those who bought PA because of alt helm but didn't like the syandana will rage. Those who missed PA thinking it was just the helm, head gear and sugatra and then found out that syandana was added later will also rage.

9 hours ago, No_Asylum said:

Have Prime Accessories ever been alert drops?

Have any accessories besides helmets ever been alert drops? 

It's a legitimate question. It stands to reason that primed helmets would be categorized differently than primed syandanas/armor sets because the regular helmets are categorized differently than regular syandanas/armor sets. 

Plus, apparently Steve said that there is a possibility that they will be on the drop tables. Just definitely not on release. 

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I'm not so sure about that. Those who bought PA because of alt helm but didn't like the syandana will rage. Those who missed PA thinking it was just the helm, head gear and sugatra and then found out that syandana was added later will also rage.

That what my second point said.. show the syandana and take feedback from community(especially from the ones who bought mesa prime accessories pack).

To add another point. tell the community that they are working on syandana while mesa prime accessories are available and does the whole process(that i mentioned earlier) while mesa prime accessories thing is live.. this would give time for those players who wanted syandana to get chance to buy.. giving DE more sales (This would make DE happy too)

This would be a peaceful way of handling this issue

I really dislike this.... 
So you are putting a warframe exclusive helmet in an accessory pack? My question is why.
Accessory packs always contained cosmetics* that can be worn by any warframe. i.e Armor sets, Syadanas, Sigils.  (*Even though a alt helmet is a cosmetic. it doesn't, and i repeat. IT DOESN'T have same value as armor or syadanas . Cosmetics are addons, not replacements of current looking warframe (In my opinion))

You can make the point that. "Well Liset Prime, and Kiddo suits are on accessory packs..." 
But at that point you would have to think that it was either bought trough PA or you had to farm them trough relics. And why would they put gimp suits and a prime liset on relics if they don't offer stat changes. (No, you can't do the kubrow collar argument, that actually gives stat changes thus having logic being behind relics)

We have Valkyr Prime's Binds AND Nikana prime sugatra. They are exactly what the alt helmet should be. It's locked to only Valkyr, not on the accessory pack, bonus item, thus gained when you craft Valkyr Prime. 
I'm being honest. I hope and it should be farmable in the future. My suggestion is baro since hes the void trader and it would fit. 

This is why i want to say just this. If you have the money and were or are on the fence to buy the PA but are not keen on the idea of having the Alt helmet there. DON'T! Vote with your wallet. This is the best (or 2nd best) way to send a direct message to DE about what you feel its worth your money. 
Note that I'm NOT saying to boycott their sales. I'm saying if you don't feel this is how a PA should've be done, don't buy it.

Tl:Dr :-This is a bad idea in my honest opinion.
          -Alt helmet is not a cosmetic in my opinion, thus it shouldn't be on the accessory pack. (see bold text)
          -It should be 100% obtainable either by farming it or buyable through baro.
          -Same thing as Valkyr Prime's Binds, thus should act as same
          -Vote with wallet, as much it annoys you not getting this Accessory pack. (If anything wait for unvaulting and get it for literally 30€ less)

20 minutes ago, Meinbinwar said:

Simple! 

Simple and illegal in a lot of countries too!

5 minutes ago, Dekaar said:

Simple and illegal in a lot of countries too!

I am not sure how this is illegal (maybe i am ignorant or does not have enough knowledge about it so any information regarding this would really help my knowledge)....

Well another approach can be to remove helmets... and do the same process as i mentioned and done.. (this will decrease the initial sale of prime accessories but will increase the sales at the end)

Archived