Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime Access - Surprise New Item in Prime Accessories!

SilverBones

6 minutes ago, Critatis said:

Then the founders will complain about the Excalibro Prime's skin too. Ah yes and his alt helm also need to be released at the same time.

That's a bit different situation, but there's also a solution: allowing Umbra's skin and helmet to be equipped on Excal Prime.

10 hours ago, TheHalfsightedOne said:

This is because the Mesa Prime helmet was just a wider brimmed Tennogen Falcon helmet, wasnt it.

Also, Steve says the helmet will potentially be farmable at a later date. Quit bunching y'alls panties.

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1074811042251923456

I mean, you could say the same about how Primed Chamber was gonna be available after the event at a later date, in DE's words. And that wasn't 'potentially', it was just "gonna be that way" til it wasn't.

I reserve a moderate amount of hope for it happening but not as much as you seem to have.

39 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I'm not so sure about that. Those who bought PA because of alt helm but didn't like the syandana will rage. Those who missed PA thinking it was just the helm, head gear and sugatra and then found out that syandana was added later will also rage.

Maybe they could offer the (mesa only) syandana as the farmable option to possibly appease the people who miss out on the helm?

19 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

That's a bit different situation, but there's also a solution: allowing Umbra's skin and helmet to be equipped on Excal Prime.

Exactly something I was thinking of: They could make Immortal skins and Prime alt helms for everyone, making Excalibur's and Frost's Deluxe tier wise (as in, new mesh and what not too) and allow Excalibur Umbra to equip the skin and helm as well.

That way:

• No one really gets the item outside the pack
  • We can get the redesigns they deserve, OG skins stay
  • Can be introduced through Baro for Ducats
  • Everyone can choose the look they want for their Excalibur

I think it's time. It's been too long since it was apparent these needed the damn update and it'd be the best way to approach it.

This is a good thing, I think, but if it does remain locked into this accessories bundle forever rather than one day being acquirable by other means (as Steve Sinclair suggested), then this would be setting a bad precedent IMO. After all, this would mark the first time that a Warframe alt helmet could only be bought for $60-80. They know that WF players will do absolutely wretched things for a rare cosmetic and it could get really exploitative. Just as an example, if I do end up caving and buying the Valkyr Prime Accessories pack next time it comes around (Saita Operator Suit), it will officially be the most I've ever spent on any game by a margin of hundreds of dollars. I know I shouldn't, especially as someone who always says we should vote with our wallets, but it's getting harder and harder to resist that compulsion to spend that money that I need for other things every time these packs come around.

Oh damn, forgot about the Summus Prime sentinel set... so if I want that, that's another $60 at least...

Pretty much beating a dead horse by now, but I'll still give my opinion. Keeping silent is how DE would fail to realize what is wrong with this maneuver.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort to try and mitigate the backlash about the prime accessories for Mesa Prime. But a prime helmet was definitely not the right choice for this. A cosmetic item you can only use on one frame does very little to bring up the value of this pack. Let's take the other items you can get in prime accessories usually :

- Armor sets : pretty straightforward, every frame can use it, even though sometimes it can be completely unfitting some of the other frames (Imugi Prime shoulder plates look hilarious on Titania, give it a try someday) it's still something you can equip every frame with.
- Syandanas : I feel like this should be a bread and butter of every prime access for a simple reason : it's the most noticeable and most universal accessory in the list. If you want to bring up value, syandanas is where it's at.
- Sigils : Why not, honestly. Same as earlier, every frame can use it, I have no qualms whatsoever with it.
- Operator suits : "But Mara, not every frame can equip this, it's not even for frames to begin with !" Yes, my friend, you are correct. However, you do not change your Operator every single time you have to change your loadout, so it's an universal accessory as well.
- Sugatras : Well, this is where I start getting iffy, but I still consider it to be a decent option. You can put it on every melee weapon, even if it's one of the hardest, if not *the* hardest, accessory to notice in the whole batch.
- Operator facial accessories : This is a new one from this patch, and same reasoning as suits : it's acceptable imo. It just ranges more on the sugatra side in terms of worth.
- Landing crafts : This was a very good idea, and I'm hyped at the idea of ever getting Scimitar Prime.

Do you start seeing what I mean ? A prime helmet is the only accessory that is not universal. I don't even care about having to pay real money for a helmet, I have a couple Tennogen skins. I don't consider this helmet addition to be a cash grab either. The reason why I consider a prime helmet as a mistake is simply because it will only be used on a single frame. In a sense, in terms of use, it has even less worth than a sugatra, which I'd consider to be the most worthless kind of item in the whole prime accessory thing.

What I don't understand however, is how DE dropped the ball so hard on this PA's accessories. Not only this is the release of one of the most popular frames in the game, but it also falls upon the holiday season PA, easily the most profitable one across the year. This was the perfect opportunity to cash in on full packs, and yet, the accessories were... lackluster to say the least. I didn't set my expectations higher than usual, but I definitely expected much better for such a golden opportunity.

TL;DR : Prime helmets are a massive #*!%-up that are technically worth even less than the sugatras. Not a cash grab tho, and a nice try to fix things up.

Il y a 5 heures, Ksaero a dit :

This lovely thing should be a skin that can be appiled to any amp combination.

You might be right, during one of the last devstream Reb' said "new amp SKIN" coming in fortuna 2, it could be only cosmetic =/

12 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Greetings, Tenno!

The elves at DE have added a last-minute cosmetic piece to our upcoming Prime Accessories Bundle -- The Mesa Prime Montesa Helmet!

Ooooh my my!. I remember when Mynki gave a hard no to that ever happening. Looks like Geoff has no problem destroying that shibboleth

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

I hope it won't be just helms, but also skins. Frost and Mag need those.

The older prime skins just need updating, Ember Prime being a perfect example since it still has that annoying bittyness in places that was never adressed.

Hell not just the prime skins, alot of the older warframes skins need a serious overhaul, especially when it comes to that cringeworthy plastic look some Still have even now.

I am to be honest worried about implications of this, this may lead to something really bad. 

Yes people who didnt pay didnt have access to prime accessories and thats fine since those were all things attachted to frames, but until now both people who paid and didnt pay got SAME prime frame visually but thats not true anymore, what if next time prime access will come with "ugly" helmet and cool helmet will be accessible to people who paid with real money ? or worse what if future prime access will come with prime frame with less bling and prime frame skin that has more bling that is accessible to people who paid ? and dont tell me it cant happen, it absolutely can, if prime alt helmet can happen then so can prime skin for frame.

12 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Greetings, Tenno!

The elves at DE have added a last-minute cosmetic piece to our upcoming Prime Accessories Bundle -- The Mesa Prime Montesa Helmet!

Keyart_MesaPrimeAccessories_1080p_V04.jpg

This first-ever Primed Alt Helmet will give your Fashion Frame some extra holiday swagger! Please note: this late addition is coming as an accessories bonus when Prime Access is live on PC, PS4, and XB1, and next year on Nintendo Switch.

Happy Holidays and see you on the Vallis!

Again I applaud DE's community interaction, no other developer reacts so quickly to player concerns. 

And I 100% will be getting this. Merry Christmas DE, thanks for a great game and community

well, while this whole thing could be taken the wrong way, it's nice to know DE acknowledged those who dislike the Operator cosmetics. I get what people are saying about it being a helm though: only Mesa fans will benefit from it. would have been a good opportunity to put in a duster coat Syandana to give any frame that western feel.. ah well.

well done DE for a quick response, and that new helm looks awesome, if/when it becomes farmable I'm going for that!

From my perspective, we need to give DE various options on how to tackle this. My suggestion might not be optimal or might be incorrect but providing various options from us the community would certainly help DE to resolve the issue..  Also as DE has shown quick responses to feedback. they would be certainly happy with a positive solution that caters all three stakeholders(mesa prime accessories buyers, rest who do not want the usual alt helmet implementation to change due to prime variant and DE)

Also I think that regarding other primes and their skin, that should be transferred to another topic. Here we should only be discussing on resolving the current mesa prime accessories concerns

So my fellow tenno! any good suggestions?

In other words.. DE realised they screwed up with the accessories pack and to make it better they add in an alt helmet which is now going to be an issue because players won't be happy that they can't get the alt helmet any other way....

Yeah...In the haste to ensure sales of the accessories packs DE didn't really think about how something like this would be annoying to the players....come on DE, you've been at this for long enough to know what is going to annoy players...

Personal view: the original pack was absolutely rubbish value for money and this alt helmet should NOT be exclusive to the pack. 

As to Steve saying farming it at a later date isn't out of the question... yeah for some reason I just see that as trying to calm the storm from annoyed players rather than something that will actually happen....

6 minutes ago, InfiniteSeirei said:

isnt today 18/12

If you live in the Asian/Russian/Australian region, it will be on 19/12/18. It is only 18/12/18 from the Canadian PoV.

"Infinite Spirits" - I assume you either know Japanese or are a weeb.

Archived