Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily cap Annoyance

(PSN)BattleCry1791

The game is telling you to work on other things. There's so many different syndicates you can gain standing for, each with their own separate caps. Maxing out those caps (without turning in items) will take a couple of hours, at least. How long do you usually play in one sit-down?

8 minutes ago, Quait said:

The game is telling you to work on other things. There's so many different syndicates you can gain standing for, each with their own separate caps. Maxing out those caps (without turning in items) will take a couple of hours, at least. How long do you usually play in one sit-down?

Do Ostrons and Solaris have their own caps separate from each other?

3 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

It really was such a nasty thing to do to people.

i doubt it was intended maliciously. at worst, it was DE seeing what they can and can't get away with. I'd say we've reached the limit. any worse than garuda and I think we'll be going down a dark and grindy path. Baruuk will hopefully easier to get.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

thread # 89447546744 whining about the daily cap.

If we farm it, why can't we benefit from it?

Why do we need more threads of this oh my god

In the other 8944754673 threads on this subject that I'm sure you read through, do you not understand why DE has placed these daily caps?

As others have stated, it's to prevent players from burning through the new content immediately, and to promote buying things with plat to keep their company operational. It's simple. You don't have to like it, but realize that DE has built this entire game around time gating and isn't going to suddenly change any time soon. 

Daily LIMIT is ok based on MR, but the worst thing is MAX LIMITATION which is for some synd 132k and u cannot save more rep until u buy something and that's sucks.

I wondering why event Plague Star have Max Limit of 499k standing where nobody can reach that in 7-10 days!?

DE really have some stupid limitations, it will be better that we can got doubled Max Limitation from 132k to the 264k and I think that many peeps will be satisfied with that.

4 minutes ago, kinrest said:

Why do we need more threads of this oh my god

In the other 8944754673 threads on this subject that I'm sure you read through, do you not understand why DE has placed these daily caps?

As others have stated, it's to prevent players from burning through the new content immediately, and to promote buying things with plat to keep their company operational. It's simple. You don't have to like it, but realize that DE has built this entire game around time gating and isn't going to suddenly change any time soon. 

How should any of that create a situation where I have to wait 4 days to buy something that goes in my dojo/orbiter for cosmetics? I have no issues with DE making cash.  I like the game, I like them as devs.  But for some items....like fishing trophies....this is just dumb.  Once you get to certain standing or place with a faction....the cap should disappear.

Edited by (PS4)BattleCry1791

Time-gating is a form of lazy game design, adopted by developers in order to prevent the top players from progressing too fast. It is one of the easiest method to retain the playerbase or prevent many players leaving.

Few years back, MMO with time-gating is something that will be met with lot of criticism. The only reason why it seems "acceptable" to many players here is because DE is less predatory compared to many developers out there.

Edited by ZesiMuerte

2 minutes ago, DishSoap said:

Time-gating. It prevents you from playing the game and eventually makes you quit.

Not true.

I dont need to quit, nor to play all the time, I can just come daily loged in, visit syndicates then buy/sell rep to reach max limit and loged off.

Noone need to play.

Right now I dont play Tridolon last 2-3 months cuz I have ~12k cores which I can every day just sell it to get standing for Quill, so why to play, who can forced me to play, DE maybe???

41 minutes ago, Quait said:

maxing out standing day even at 27,000 only takes about a hour of ESO/Hydron with a kill/nuke frame. We also don't have the game tell us to do other things if we want to farm 75,000 polymer bundles or 15,000 cryotic. 

The only reason standing caps exist is to time gate content. 

1 minute ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Not true.

I dont need to quit, nor to play all the time, I can just come daily loged in, visit syndicates then buy/sell rep to reach max limit and loged off.

Noone need to play.

Right now I dont play Tridolon last 2-3 months cuz I have ~12k cores which I can every day just sell it to get standing for Quill, so why to play, who can forced me to play, DE maybe???

Sure it's not true for you. But the daily standing cap of 5,000 or whatever I was at when plains released in 2017 made me nearly quit. If it wasn't for the WF streamer I watch most I would have quit.

I don't want to think of how many people have signed up for Warframe, play a few hours and then left because all they see is time gates and " Pay us real money for more slots" because they don't know plat can be given in trades. Nor what's worth plat either.