Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily cap Annoyance

(PSN)BattleCry1791

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

to better explain exactly why this is annoying me

I think less people would complain about the daily cap if rep wasn't tied to purchasing of items. It doesn't help that in order to level your rep you have to reset your rep back to zero.

11 minutes ago, DishSoap said:

I think less people would complain about the daily cap if rep wasn't tied to purchasing of items. It doesn't help that in order to level your rep you have to reset your rep back to zero.

I think that's a fair statement. Initially I presumed this thread was directed towards the Garuda farm (which I still believe is not difficult but I digress). I don't mind that we have to purchase things from syndicates with standing because it leaves me with goals to work towards, and stops me from buying all the things with credits. In other words, it makes me value what I purchase more. That being said, I think that needing to spend 100k standing for cosmetic items is absurd. I'm not much of a decoration collector so I wasn't aware of this high cost until now. 

Nothing will convince me that a plank of wood should cost 100k standing.

52 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Daily LIMIT is ok based on MR, but the worst thing is MAX LIMITATION which is for some synd 132k and u cannot save more rep until u buy something and that's sucks.

I wondering why event Plague Star have Max Limit of 499k standing where nobody can reach that in 7-10 days!?

DE really have some stupid limitations, it will be better that we can got doubled Max Limitation from 132k to the 264k and I think that many peeps will be satisfied with that.

no...the max standing has no bearing on what I can make and spend in a day.  Again...it's the daily cap.

15 minutes ago, kinrest said:

I think that's a fair statement. Initially I presumed this thread was directed towards the Garuda farm (which I still believe is not difficult but I digress). I don't mind that we have to purchase things from syndicates with standing because it leaves me with goals to work towards, and stops me from buying all the things with credits. In other words, it makes me value what I purchase more. That being said, I think that needing to spend 100k standing for cosmetic items is absurd. I'm not much of a decoration collector so I wasn't aware of this high cost until now. 

Nothing will convince me that a plank of wood should cost 100k standing.

It's no the cost....its the time it takes to get it.  How long does it take me to complete "the game within a game" that I create for myself?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

It's no the cost....its the time it takes to get it.  How long does it take me to complete "the game within a game" that I create for myself?

Wouldn't lowering the cost allow you to get the item faster? If the item only costs 9000 standing instead of 100,000 standing, you wouldn't have to farm standing for 4 days

22 minutes ago, kinrest said:

Wouldn't lowering the cost allow you to get the item faster? If the item only costs 9000 standing instead of 100,000 standing, you wouldn't have to farm standing for 4 days

You are correct...what I meant to say is that if you just removed the cap, I could clear 100k from fishing in 2 hours.  

23 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

You are correct...what I meant to say is that if you just removed the cap, I could clear 100k from fishing in 2 hours.  

Right. I doubt DE will ever remove the cap unless they do an entire Syndicate overhaul (which let's be real, isn't going to happen anytime soon lol). I think the best compromise would be to 

a) lower the cost of decorations significantly

and/or

b) remove cap when you reach the max rank

I still believe that a daily limit should be in place to prevent burning through new content too quickly. Or some other way of preventing that, but I don't know what it would be.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

It's called time gating.  It prevents you from no-lifing the game and then rushing the forums screaming "content drought!"

It's also doubles a safety net against bugs/exploits or something like that. I can't quite remember what he said verbatim, but Scott talked about it in that interview with TacticalPotato not to long ago.

4 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Again...it's the daily cap.

Well pal, daily cap is fair enough for all peeps, so if u want higher daily cap, increase your MR, each MR gives you +1k additional standing.

I'm MR 25 and each day I get 26k daily cap which is really good for all my effort in this game.

Work hard to increase daily cap, dont limit yourself on MR, increase that, if is possible go max that to MR 26.

16 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Well pal, daily cap is fair enough for all peeps, so if u want higher daily cap, increase your MR, each MR gives you +1k additional standing.

I'm MR 25 and each day I get 26k daily cap which is really good for all my effort in this game.

Work hard to increase daily cap, dont limit yourself on MR, increase that, if is possible go max that to MR 26.

I'm a MR26.  On PS4.  Passed my test today. 

My issue is that I have to wait days for cosmetic items.  Wooden plank?  4 days.  Platter of red sand?  2 days.  Platter of Blue sand? 4 days.  Stick with a yojimbo samurai thingy on it?  4 days.  All the Plains' fishing trophies (including Boot)?  4 days.  Small glowy orb looking thing?  2 days.  And that's if you log in every day. 

And you can't buy them with plat...so if you want them and you have decorating idea...you're stuck on a project.  It's like waiting on parts to be delivered and having your living room half painted.  For project oriented types (or all INTJs) like myself, it's excruciating.  

You can grind for Murkrays who are 500 standing for smalls all day and easily get 100-300k in 4ish hours.

With Fortuna, it's even worse...so much more standing needed...more ways to make standing....and still the same cap.  

Edited by (PS4)BattleCry1791
spelling

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

My issue is that I have to wait days for cosmetic items.  Wooden plank?  4 days.  Platter of red sand?  2 days.  Platter of Blue sand? 4 days.  Stick with a yojimbo samurai thingy on it?  4 days.  All the Plains' fishing trophies (including Boot)?  4 days.  Small glowy orb looking thing?  2 days.  And that's if you log in every day. 

And you can't buy them with plat...so if you want them and you have decorating idea...you're stuck on a project.  It's like waiting on parts to be delivered and having your living room half painted.  For project oriented types (or all INTJs) like myself, it's excruciating.  

So u are or warlord of clan or dojo architect!? Right???

Why u didnt mentioned that before!

So if u want Decoration things and u wanna decorated Dojo, here strictly I mean on Dojo, not personal Orbiter decorations, then u need to involved all your clan members to work with you, they need to co-operate with you, they need to help you, ask them for help.

4 days like u said 1 decoration, and 100 players with 1 wooden plank can fillful whole your room.

All that u can got in 1 day if u ask for help, but if u thinking to work alone and u doing al by yourself then u will need years or maybe decades.

Correct me if Am wrong, but u working to decorate Dojo???

3 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

So u are or warlord of clan or dojo architect!? Right???

Why u didnt mentioned that before!

So if u want Decoration things and u wanna decorated Dojo, here strictly I mean on Dojo, not personal Orbiter decorations, then u need to involved all your clan members to work with you, they need to co-operate with you, they need to help you, ask them for help.

4 days like u said 1 decoration, and 100 players with 1 wooden plank can fillful whole your room.

All that u can got in 1 day if u ask for help, but if u thinking to work alone and u doing al by yourself then u will need years or maybe decades.

Correct me if Am wrong, but u working to decorate Dojo???

Yes I am.  For a solo/PUG clan.  It's basically "my clan" with some randoms that float through.  I'm the only one with access to make modifications to the dojo.  Here's where you're thought process still fails.

Let's say I decided to do this to my orbiter (which was my original plan) - the problem.still.persists.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Yes I am.  For a solo/PUG clan.  It's basically "my clan" with some randoms that float through.  I'm the only one with access to make modifications to the dojo.  Here's where you're thought process still fails.

Let's say I decided to do this to my orbiter (which was my original plan) - the problem.still.persists.

I dont agreed with you!?

The problem doesnt exist!

Your Orbiter is your own property, similar like u have your own house, but your clan is similar like a company where u are DIRECTOR and all employers works for you and they can helps you.

All what u need to ask them for a help, ask them to donate decorations for Dojo and u will speed up your progress, I'm doing same thing with my clan members, they helping me and I helping them too.

But "the problem.still.persists." only for you, not for all of us!!

1 minute ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I dont agreed with you!?

The problem doesnt exist!

Your Orbiter is your own property, similar like u have your own house, but your clan is similar like a company where u are DIRECTOR and all employers works for you and they can helps you.

All what u need to ask them for a help, ask them to donate decorations for Dojo and u will speed up your progress, I'm doing same thing with my clan members, they helping me and I helping them too.

But "the problem.still.persists." only for you, not for all of us!!

No it's the other way around. Just because the problem doesn't effect you doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

19 minutes ago, DishSoap said:

No it's the other way around. Just because the problem doesn't effect you doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It doesnt exist, this is game where ppl co-operate together!

If he is make clan for himself then problem persists, but if he is make clan for peeps then what is the point to work alone?

Why he have clan members, why they need him in clan?

2 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

All DE needs to do is add an alternative way to get the cosmetics besides rep, ie have them available to buy with plat. That would solve all the issues with time gating and farming.

Agreed!

Cosmetics 25 Platinum each, then if u want Tenno u are unlimited to buy as much as u want!

Save your time!

It doesnt exist, this is game where ppl co-operate together!

If he is make clan for himself then problem persists, but if he is make clan for peeps then what is the point to work alone?

Why he have clan members, why they need him in clan?

This is going to be a hard concept for you to grasp.  Just take a deep breath and read the story of Soro Kuran.

I used to be an officer in the clan just post release.  I came back to the game after a year off.  Found almost everyone was gone.  No one in the leadership had logged in for over a year.  So i put in a ticket, got myself a Warlord tag, and started catching up on the research.

So here I had this fully researched clan, everything but the ignis wraith...just me and a few stragglers, (who promptly left after I changed the name and repurposed the clan).  And it felt like it was being wasted.  Problem is, I like playing solo.  I've run "real clans" before.  Back before I realized I hate people and I hate waiting around on people to go do mission objectives.  And then I had a thought.

I'm not the only one.  Can't be.  There have to be others like me...that hate all the drama and BS that comes with being in a clan on a video game.  And they need access to the research...so why not make my clan a place they can come?  I'm going to research everything anyways...so if I can get some help, great.  If not, that's great too.  

That's what my clan is...just a place for solo players and introverts like myself to have access to all the research, and be able to enjoy the game without people spamming our clan chat and having zero expectations other than just enjoying the game - which you can do completely as a Solo/PUG player.  

We're a shadow clan - came up to 29 members when PoE was released, steady around the low 20's most days.  I auto kick after 30 days of inactivity.  Contributions are welcomed, but not required.  Stay out of the clan chat.  We are not a mentoring clan.  

Since it's "me and some dudes that need access to research" - I'm the only officer and the only one able to decorate (though everyone can start research).  So the dojo is really "my orbiter".  Due to my natural "lonerness" I'll never have anyone come to my Orbiter...but people will visit my dojo for trades.  So I build things there because I enjoy it.  Here's a tour of the dojo from November.  Already needs an update.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Problem is, I like playing solo.

Ah that is the problem, u see is your problem as I have assumed.

So my dear Tenno if u are "SOLO PLAYER" you dont need to be Officer or Architect in your clan, just give that duty to someone else and move on, be same like all other players, just a solo player who like to play alone, someone else will do all job for everyone in your clan and u will be free to play and enjoying!?

And problem will be disappear!

One more thing, noone care how u will decorated your Dojo for Traders, cuz they come to your dojo just to trade not to watching how u are decorate dojo, and who will watch your work if is dojo empty, no players....just you and couple of your friends in clan!?

Kicking players after 7 days inactivity, thats great opportunity to give someone chance to go back cuz maybe that inactve Tenno have examinations or he travelling or he working etc!!!

So how u will make friendships with your members if they cannot trust you and vice versa!?

Ah that is the problem, u see is your problem as I have assumed.

So my dear Tenno if u are "SOLO PLAYER" you dont need to be Officer or Architect in your clan, just give that duty to someone else and move on, be same like all other players, just a solo player who like to play alone, someone else will do all job for everyone in your clan and u will be free to play and enjoying!?

And problem will be disappear!

One more thing, noone care how u will decorated your Dojo for Traders, cuz they come to your dojo just to trade not to watching how u are decorate dojo, and who will watch your work if is dojo empty, no players....just you and couple of your friends in clan!?

Kicking players after 7 days inactivity, thats great opportunity to give someone chance to go back cuz maybe that inactve Tenno have examinations or he travelling or he working etc!!!

So how u will make friendships with your members if they cannot trust you and vice versa!?

Like I said, you struggled to grasp the concept.  

We're solo players.  We don't make friends.  We're here to play.  Not talk in chat.  If I have to explain it to you, you're never going to understand it.