Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Reldin, the Lord of Time

Zephyer01

So I was thinking around and realized that although there is a Warframe that deals with space, Limbo, there isn't really a Warframe that deals with time. So after a bit of research on current stats and abilities, along with a look around the collection of games that use time travel themes in a co-op environment, I came up with a framework.

Lore:

During the creation of a warframe that could move through other dimensions, the idea of a warframe with temporal powers was almost guaranteed. A sect of Orokin split off to research ways to harness the power of time, and soon Reldin was born. After the other frame was lost, Reldin was decommissioned from use and stored on Lua, so he could be studied further avoid a similar fate. Soon after, the Tenno ended the Orokin empire and Reldin was forgotten. But time fissures have open throughout the moon, pathways leading towards some mysterious secret. Or treasure...

Design:

Reldin is very similar in design to his brother, Limbo. Instead of an overcoat, Reldin wears a more practical outfit for hurtling through time. He uses silver as his default energy color and enjoys brighter colors for his vest and pants. Reldin's key identifier is his trusty silver pocket watch, usually hanging from his left front pocket. Reldin uses this device to control time and is never seen without it. (watch was Tyreaus' idea)

Role: DPS, light CC

Stats at Lvl. 30

Health: 300

Shields: 250

Armor: 50

Energy: 225

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Polarities: 2 v

Abilities:

• Timeless (Passive)- Reldin increases the reload speed, fire rate, movement speed, melee attack speed, parkour effects, casting speed, and shield and health regeneration effects of nearby allies by 10%. 

• Time Spiral (25 energy)- Reldin snaps his fingers, unleashing a barrage of (10/15/20/25) time shards. Enemies hit by the shards will take (50/75/100/150) damage and will become Time-Caught for 8 seconds. Time-Caught enemies are slowed by 25% and take (5/10/15/20%) bonus damage from all sources.
  • Spoiler
    • Time-Caught enemies are illuminate with a mist based on energy color.
    • The time shards will pierce through enemies that are already Time-Caught.
    • The number of shards will scale with power strength, capping at 50 shards at 200% power strength.
    • The max duration of Time-Caught will scale with Ability Duration, but can never be less than 8 seconds.
    • The slow does not scale and the bonus damage will scale with Ability Strength capping at 50% bonus damage.
    • The time shards fire in a manner similar to a mini-gun, and will fire towards your cursor. 
    • The shards have a light seeking ability while in flight.
    • Reldin can perform other actions while the projectiles are firing and the cast is a one-handed action.

• Era Fissures (50 energy)- Reldin clicks his pocket watch, sending out temporal fissures in a wide cone in front of him. Enemies hit by the fissures take (100/200/300/400) damage. If an enemy is Time-Caught, then the debuff will be refreshed and they will reduce maximum shields and armor by (10/15/20/25%) over 2 seconds.
    Spoiler
    • Enemies cannot regain armor or shields lost, even by regeneration effects and such.
    • Ancient Healers and Nullifiers are not be able to cleanse the effect.
    • All abilities and effects will treat the new values as the maximum shield/armor value.
    • Enemies cannot lose armor and shields through this ability more than once.
    • The armor and shield reduction stacks with multiple casts, up to 3 times.
    • The armor and shield reduction will scale with Ability Strength to a cap of 30% reductions. (Max 90% on 3 casts).

• Rewind (5 energy/sec)- Reldin claps his hands, causing his currently equipped weapon to be infused with temporal energy. For Primary and Secondary weapons, Reldin instantly reloads his clips and will sometimes rewind bullets back into the chamber, negating ammo consumption. For melee weapons, Reldin creates a time clone that mimics his attacks. All attacks deal 5/10/15/20% bonus damage to Time-Caught enemies and extend the duration of the debuff by 1 second. Reldin cannot switch weapons during the channel.
    Spoiler
    • Reldin lowers his reload time to 0, similar to how the kavat buff works.
    • For bows and charge weapons, Reldin also reduces the charge time by 50%.
    • Ammo rewind works as follows:
      • Full auto rifles and pistols, and all beam weapons: 20/30/40/50% chance to negate ammo consumption upon firing. This can scale with Ability Strength up to 75%.
      • Shotguns, crossbows, semi auto rifles and pistols: 40/50/60/70% chance to negate ammo consumption upon firing. This can scale with Ability Strength up to 85%.
      • Bows and sniper rifles: 60/70/80/90% chance to negate ammo consumption upon firing. This can scale up to 100%.
    • Reldin's time clone strikes directly behind him, copying your attack exactly.
      • The clone deals 100% of the damage you dealt.
      • The clone's attacks do not stagger enemies and the clone cannot proc status unless your attack did.
      • The clone's attacks have 150% bonus range.
      • The time between your attack and your clone's is based on your attack speed.
      • The clone cannot perform finishers.
    • The bonus damage to Time-Caught enemies does not scale.
    • The duration of Time-Caught can be extended to 2x its max duration.

• Temporal Oblivion (100 energy)- Reldin smashes his pocket watch on the ground, fracturing the timeline in a large aoe. Nearby enemies take 500/1000/1500 damage. Time-Locked enemies take 3x damage and echo the explosion around them. Each echo has 25% less range, but 50% more damage.
    Spoiler
    • There is no limit to the number of times an enemy can echo Temporal Oblivion.
    • The damage gain and range loss are cumulative. 
    • Reldin cannot cast Temporal Oblivion again until there are no more echos.
    • The damage scales with Ability Strength, however, the multiplier does not.

My other concepts (Go check them out!):

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1048152-warframe-concept-savitr-the-brilliant/

Give feedback. All damage numbers are experimental. Share with other tenno if you like it!

Edited by Zephyer01
Modified stats for 1st ability
  • Like 2

Stats look pretty solid. 300 energy might be a bit overkill, though: Limbo and Equinox have 225 at rank 30, and Limbo Prime has 262, so he's beating out even a prime Warframe by quite a bit.

Going in order:

51 minutes ago, Zephyer01 said:

Passive (Timeless)- Reldin passively increases nearby the nearby movement speed and shield regeneration of allies by 10%.

Love this idea for the passive.

51 minutes ago, Zephyer01 said:

When Reldin enters a bleed-out state, he will enter a spirit form and leave behind a remnant. While in spirit form, Reldin can not use weapons, and has 100% increased power strength and a 50% reduction to ability costs. For every (2500+scaling?) points of damage Reldin takes, he will lower his bleed-out time by 1 additional second. Allies can heal the remnant Reldin leaves behind like a normal warframe. If Reldin's time expires, then he will die.

Not sure on this part. It's a unique idea, but depending on the numbers, it'd either almost guarantee a revival—especially solo where you can constrict yourself from killing enemies—or ensure you just about never revive, since it's based on things out of player control and scales with enemy damage. Self-revival mechanics also seem to be paired with no-shield Warframes, FWIW. I think the 10% speed buff to the squad is good enough for a passive by itself.

56 minutes ago, Zephyer01 said:

Shatter- Reldin snaps his fingers, shattering the timeline, causing all enemies in front of him to take damage (200). Enemies that are Time-Locked will take 3x damage, refreshing the debuff.

Good way to synergize with the time-locking mechanism. Is it in a line? A cone?

57 minutes ago, Zephyer01 said:

Time Lock- Reldin snaps his fingers, rapidly firing out a stream of (20?) projectiles that fly towards your cursor. The projectiles have slight homing capabilities. Enemies hit by this ability will become Time-Locked, causing them to become stunned and inflicted with corrosive procs for (8?) seconds. Projectiles will pass through enemies that are already Time-Locked and Reldin can perform other actions while the projectiles are firing. 

Not sure on the Corrosive procs idea. I get its the meta thing, but surely there's something more unique than that. E.g., a custom "wither" effect that lowers max armour and shields (like an inverse of True damage). Do the projectiles deal damage, too, or is it just to Time Lock enemies? If it's the latter, Rewind's passive Time Locking seems much more effective at the job and the ability here could end up obsolete on arrival.

Considering its his central gimmick, maybe it'd be better to have this as his 1 with lower energy cost? Shatter might be worthy of a buff then, e.g. slowing enemies hit by Shatter, if it's given a higher energy cost.

Also the name of the ability could use some work. It's already the name of the status, and that feels like it could get confusing. Time Shards, Time Needles...

1 hour ago, Zephyer01 said:

Rewind- Reldin snaps his fingers, causing his currently equipped weapon to be infused with temporal energy for (?) seconds. For Primary and Secondary weapons, Reldin will endlessly rewind the clip back to a previous state, consuming ammo without needing to reload. For melee weapons, Reldin will gain bonus attack speed, and when he attacks, all enemies in a cone in front of him will become Time-Locked. For all weapons, Reldin's attacks will deal bonus damage to Time-Locked enemies, but will be unable to switch weapons.

Rather than a single-cast, I think this would work better as a channelled ability, as locking a single weapon for a period could be a gigantic pain. Otherwise it feels like an amazing idea.

For melee, if it's possible, I might suggest that he has a sort of "time clone" that copies his attacks. It's more unique than a standard boost to attack speed and changes the timing to group up high-strength attacks in combos.

I feel like giving Reldin a huge weapon boost in addition to Time-Locking capabilities (which would also increase damage) is a bit too much. Would it be better to move that aspect to his Shatter ability above, so that Time Lock (Shard, whatever) is the cheaper, longer-ranged punch-through version and Shatter is the wider, shorter-range, maybe slow-inducing version? This thing removing reload times seems great as-is, and if it needs a buff, a chance to fire without expending ammo feels like it'd be more fitting for what the ability is.

Temporal Oblivion- (This has 2 potential versions. I couldn't decide which one I liked better)

I'm not a fan of the first option, since it creates a pretty wide IK combo when paired with 3 or, simply, double-cast.

The second seems much more interesting and the most promising starting point for a 4. It's debatable whether it's strong enough: compared to Nova's 4, it has damage to help compensate, but doesn't give the 2x damage multiplier beyond Reldin's own abilities. The Corrosive procs help this a bit, but it's still not a 2x multiplier and a slow and Corrosive procs only help against armoured units.

Overall:

-Very solid idea with healthy stats (barring energy max), has unique concepts. Really like it and really like the idea of a pseudo-Void buff in the Rewind ability. 

-Could casting animations be a little different between the abilities? It's three "finger-snaps" and one clap. Maybe Shatter has him swinging a pocket watch around like a yoyo?

-What sort of aesthetics does he have?

-Could his 1 and 2 be swapped so the projectiles are the main? Would it be better to make his old 1 / new 2 slow enemies them to justify the higher energy cost, if they are swapped?

-Maybe it would be better to give the "cone" of Time Locking to his old 1 / new 2, if they're swapped like above, rather than to an ability that already gives a pretty healthy DPS boost to his weaponry? Would it be better to do that and give players a % chance for fired shots not to use ammo, to alleviate ammo consumption concerns? (Dex Furis comes to mind with that ability)

-His 3 should, very probably, be a channelled ability. Locking players to a single weapon for a set duration feels a bit too cumbersome, and unnecessarily so.

-Perhaps a unique "wither" mechanic could be done to Time-Locked enemies, rather than Corrosive, to lower armour and shields and be more effective beyond Grineer? Compare to Saryn's spores, which have a DoT in their "status" that's effective against even non-armoured units, or Limbo and his CC potential tied to his "status".

-How do stats play into things, esp. with the Time Locking mechanism? Does more power = more armour stripping? Less duration = less time spent Time Locked? etc.

Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciation!

A couple things to clarify that I realized after thinking a bit. I'm also going to update the original post with the clarifications and changes I make.

2 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

Not sure on this part. It's a unique idea, but depending on the numbers, it'd either almost guarantee a revival—especially solo where you can constrict yourself from killing enemies—or ensure you just about never revive, since it's based on things out of player control and scales with enemy damage. Self-revival mechanics also seem to be paired with no-shield Warframes, FWIW. I think the 10% speed buff to the squad is good enough for a passive by itself.

So to clarify, Reldin cannot auto-revive like Nidus or Inaros can. This is just a way for him to continue casting abilities while he is revived, kind of how you can still fire secondary weapons while bleeding out. The damage-to-bleedout timer was designed so that players would still have to be worried about enemy fire; I think that if it scales with power strength and is combined with Reldin's cc/Time-Lock it should be enough. Another option is to reduce his casting times, as that would fit with the whole speeding up time thing.

I'm switching his 1 and 2 like you suggested, it makes more sense upon revision, as it's his main combo point. For future, they are switched.

1. Changed the name, thank you for pointing out my error, and have changed the status effect Time-Locked a little bit. Enemies that are Time-Locked be stunned and take 10% (scaling with power strength) bonus damage from you and your team. No more corrosive effect.

2. Switched styles with his ult. Shattering the timeline seemed much more appropriate for a grand move like his 4, so his 2 is now called Era Fissures. It fires in a wide cone in front of Reldin (I can't believe I forgot this) and will deal 400 damage to all enemies. Enemies that are Time-Locked will have the debuff refreshed and will be given a stack of Fade. Fade will reduce an enemies armor, shields, and damage by 10% and can stack up to 5 times. Fade can be stacked by recasts of Era Fissures or instances of damage.

3. Now Channeled for 5 energy/sec (a little high, but think about firing a Grakata with that sort of power on.)

Melee weapons are changed to be similar to your idea of the clone attack (I absolutely love this and wish I had thought of it myself. It perfectly fits his theme.) After a melee attack, a time clone will mimic your attack, dealing the same amount of damage you did to every enemy you hit. Enemies hit by this second attack have a (20/30/40/50%) to become Time-Locked. The time clone's attack will not stagger and will not proc status effects that are part of the combo chain for your weapon. Even if the enemy would be out of range of the clone's attack (blast proc, etc.) it will still be hit with the damage. The clone will not mimic finishers. 

For Primaries/Secondaries: If the weapon used is a fully automatic rifle or pistol (this includes all beams) then it will have a 75% to not expend ammo on a shot. If the weapon is any other type, it will be a 90% chance. If the weapons is a sniper rifle or similar, it will be a 100% chance. For Primaries and Secondaries, Reldin will instantly reload.

(This is for consistency and differences in weapons types.)

4. I did fully considered that the first option would insta-kill the room. Whoops.

Changed to shattering the timeline. Is a little hard to describe, but will try to clarify. It is designed for medium-large groups. The ability can INFINITELY recast off enemies that are Time-Locked, there is no limit. And it can recast off multiple enemies at the same time. If you have at least two enemies standing side by side, it will go until they die or lose Time-Locked.

Little change for higher levels: Temporal Obliteration will lose range per recast, but can 50% damage. This is not shared among separate instances of recasts (each is considered a separate instance).

Casting animations did seem a bit dull. Changed.

Thank you for good feedback. I hope I clarified a bit. Let me know if there is anything that looks wonky. This is a bit different than what I've done before.

2 hours ago, Zephyer01 said:

So to clarify, Reldin cannot auto-revive like Nidus or Inaros can. This is just a way for him to continue casting abilities while he is revived, kind of how you can still fire secondary weapons while bleeding out. The damage-to-bleedout timer was designed so that players would still have to be worried about enemy fire; I think that if it scales with power strength and is combined with Reldin's cc/Time-Lock it should be enough. Another option is to reduce his casting times, as that would fit with the whole speeding up time thing.

Okay, I severely misunderstood how that entire thing functioned and read it as "the more damage he takes, the closer to reviving he gets". I feel like an idiot and apologise. ^^'

I think sticking him with just the speed-up-everything (casting times incl., if it's small enough) passive is much more fitting. They're both interesting ideas, but it also feels like two distinct passives and the other might fit better on a different Warframe.

1. Changed the name, thank you for pointing out my error, and have changed the status effect Time-Locked a little bit. Enemies that are Time-Locked be stunned and take 10% (scaling with power strength) bonus damage from you and your team. No more corrosive effect.

2. Switched styles with his ult. Shattering the timeline seemed much more appropriate for a grand move like his 4, so his 2 is now called Era Fissures. It fires in a wide cone in front of Reldin (I can't believe I forgot this) and will deal 400 damage to all enemies. Enemies that are Time-Locked will have the debuff refreshed and will be given a stack of Fade. Fade will reduce an enemies armor, shields, and damage by 10% and can stack up to 5 times. Fade can be stacked by recasts of Era Fissures or instances of damage.

I don't like being part of the "it's too weak" crowd, but mind that 200% power strength on 10% extra damage only equates to a 20% bonus damage. Nova gets a pretty 200% bonus. I get the sense that Reldin is sort of the DPS to Limbo's CC, and Limbo can outright freeze targets, so you shouldn't be too afraid to go a little over the top with damage numbers. The big thing with nuking is area, not damage, if that's your concern.

The Fade name is pretty good, though, NGL. I'd argue it works better than Time Lock. Time Lock kind of implies CC, and Reldin's much more of a DPS.

I still feel like making his 1 and 2 variant ways of TLing enemies works best.

3. Now Channeled for 5 energy/sec (a little high, but think about firing a Grakata with that sort of power on.)

That seems fair. IMO. Just don't forget that making it a channelled ability means energy regen options are vastly limited. Plus the ability doesn't outright mitigate ammo expenditure.

Melee weapons are changed to be similar to your idea of the clone attack (I absolutely love this and wish I had thought of it myself. It perfectly fits his theme.) After a melee attack, a time clone will mimic your attack, dealing the same amount of damage you did to every enemy you hit. Enemies hit by this second attack have a (20/30/40/50%) to become Time-Locked. The time clone's attack will not stagger and will not proc status effects that are part of the combo chain for your weapon. Even if the enemy would be out of range of the clone's attack (blast proc, etc.) it will still be hit with the damage. The clone will not mimic finishers. 

Seems solid, but the only thing I'm iffy on is melee being the big "TL" mechanic. It already gives melees a 2x DPS multiplier to match the DPS increase to firearms. Making it one of the big TL mechanisms (which also grants it even more bonus damage!) seems to lean a bit too much in melee's favour. (Emphasis on "a bit", as it's more relative to his other means of TLing targets)

For Primaries/Secondaries: If the weapon used is a fully automatic rifle or pistol (this includes all beams) then it will have a 75% to not expend ammo on a shot. If the weapon is any other type, it will be a 90% chance. If the weapons is a sniper rifle or similar, it will be a 100% chance. For Primaries and Secondaries, Reldin will instantly reload.

I imagine there's some way to fancy up some math with RoF and ammo numbers so that lower efficiency weapons have a greater chance at conserving ammo. Otherwise, just about any number over 75% should be fine, regardless of RoF. It boosts ammo economy regardless and helps any weapon keep on chugging through the ability.

(Alternative is just to give it 50% at base and have the ammo conservation scale with ability strength up to 100% at, say, 200% ability strength.)

Changed to shattering the timeline. Is a little hard to describe, but will try to clarify. It is designed for medium-large groups. The ability can INFINITELY recast off enemies that are Time-Locked, there is no limit. And it can recast off multiple enemies at the same time. If you have at least two enemies standing side by side, it will go until they die or lose Time-Locked.

Little change for higher levels: Temporal Obliteration will lose range per recast, but can 50% damage. This is not shared among separate instances of recasts (each is considered a separate instance).

I don't think the higher-level change is required. For what you have now, one has to consider that the auto-recasting is necessarily limited by his casting 1: once there are no TL'd enemies, the cascade stops. That creates a pretty healthy relationship between energy and area covered: he can keep waves of the ability rolling through a room only if he has the energy to keep throwing targets into TL and having the recast chain spread. And given his main method of doing that is monodirectional (or limited in range if you were to give a short-range cone-based alternative way to TL targets), that means quite a lot of energy just to cover an average tileset.

Not to mention, how does one determine "higher levels"?

To try to give more of an idea of how I'd see Reldin working:

Spoiler

Passive: 10% bonus speed to all squadmates (applies to all movement and reloads)

Fade mechanic: Increases damage taken from Reldin's abilities. Reduces target's armour, shields, and damage by 10%, stackable up to 50% based on power strength (Caps at 80% reductions).

1 - Time Shards: With a wave of his hand, Reldin summons and fires a stream of projectiles at the cursor. Enemies hit by time shards take some Puncture damage and are afflicted with Fade. Punches through enemies already afflicted by Fade. Is the main tool to stack Fade onto a single target or stream of targets quickly.
Strength increases number of shards, not damage, and it is unaffected by range or duration.

2 - Era Fissure: Reldin sweeps the area in front of him with his pocket watch (or just his hand, even if I want pocket watch weaponry). Enemies in range are dealt a significant amount of Impact damage and afflicted with Fade. Enemies already Faded receive 3x the damage and are slowed for a brief period.
Strength increases damage and range increases forward reach only (along the same lines as the original cone). Duration increases the stagger/slow effect.

3 - Rewind: Reldin imbues his weapons with temporal energy. His firearms gain a 75% chance to rewind fired shots back into the clip, conserving ammunition. His melee weapons develop a time shadow that attacks enemies in Reldin's wake. Enemies afflicted by Fade and struck by the time shadow have a 10/20/30/50% chance to add a Fade stack.
Strength increases "rewind" chance (cannot decrease it) and Fade stack chance, duration lowers energy drain, range does nothing.

4 - Temporal Shatter: Reldin creates a temporal fissure around himself, dealing damage, slowing, and staggering targets for a brief period. Faded enemies take 2x damage and create additional fissures.
Strength increases damage, range increases the size of the fissures, and duration increases the stagger/slow effect.

All staggered enemies are rendered susceptible to finishers akin to Zakti explosions, just to make the slow-mo staggers worth something. It's not even something that has to occur, I just think it'd look pretty nice to have that slow stumble effect.

That's just my personal take, though, and I admit a lot of your ideas are implied (like not copying finishers on his 3). The original idea feels really solid and the revisions definitely address a lot of the questions I had. The only iffy points here are more, maybe this could work a little bit better this way. Emphasis on "could", mind: different doesn't mean better.

I still want to know what kind of aesthetics you had in mind. Do we get another dapper gentleman? Please tell me he gets a yo-yo pocketwatch. Please.

Quick question. I really want to bold the name so it sticks out in the fan concepts page, but how do I do that?

Help appreciate.

Thanks

I don't think you can? I'm not sure, but as far as I know, the bolding is just for unread topics.

Also sorry if I was confusing or contradictory at any point. I'm really tired as of writing this. ^^;

Edited by Tyreaus

I first would like to note that I am very jealous of your ability to efficiently communicate ability descriptions. I tend to ramble, as you may have noticed.

I really want to make the spirit form passive work, because although the shorter casting times is a cool idea, it seems a bit off especially when compared to other warframes that also have very short casting times.

I'm changing a moderate amount after thinking it over today. See what you think. Trying for clarity and concise abilities/descriptions.

I'm also going to format them like the wiki does, with a short description and then all the complicated stuff hidden.

Also, share this post out. More feedback and views is always a good thing!

4 hours ago, Zephyer01 said:

I first would like to note that I am very jealous of your ability to efficiently communicate ability descriptions. I tend to ramble, as you may have noticed.

I'm a writer, and I read a lot of stuff. That's not to say I'm practised at it or something. Rather, it's to substantiate a fact: No first draft is ever as eloquent as you want it to be. Ever. Not even from professionals. So definitely don't be hard on yourself just because you rambled a bit. You really didn't, and even if you did a tiny bit, that's what second drafts are for.

I really want to make the spirit form passive work, because although the shorter casting times is a cool idea, it seems a bit off especially when compared to other warframes that also have very short casting times.

It'd be a boost to all speeds, I would think. That includes tiny buffs to reload speeds and sprint speeds and parkour manoeuvres and melee attack speeds (and I think you mentioned shield recharge speed too). I think it's more than just a cool idea: it's thematic, it makes a difference, but it's not overbearing. That's pretty much the ideal of any passive ability.

Personally, I'd suggest taking a look at the spirit form passive and seeing what you might come up with in terms of a different Warframe. I'm not going to lie, it's definitely a unique idea, and I wager you could come up with something pretty interesting around that.

I'm changing a moderate amount after thinking it over today. See what you think. Trying for clarity and concise abilities/descriptions.

I'm also going to format them like the wiki does, with a short description and then all the complicated stuff hidden.

Taking a look now, will add another reply when I go through everything. On a glance, though, it feels much easier to read!

Also, share this post out. More feedback and views is always a good thing!

Will do what I can. 🙂 Even if I don't really know anyone in the WF community...

Review 2.0:

Timeless

Setting aside the discussion about keeping just the speed boost passive, I feel like the ability to enter the phase in solo seems kind of like a red herring to players. Abilities that let you interact when you're downed are almost universally meant to assist you in getting revived, whether it's killing enemies to keep them off the teammates reviving you (which is disabled in solo) or interacting in some way to grant a self-revive (e.g. Inaros). This part of the passive doesn't seem to help with revival, however—on the contrary, with enemies lowering the bleedout timer, it's detrimental, likely leading players to hide away rather than use abilities. That could be fixed with making the spectre invulnerable or invisible, but the entire idea of a Warframe fighting after death feels more like something fit for a raging berserker class than a calculated caster.

Time Spiral

Naming is much better and rolls off the tongue (better than anything I could come up with!).

I feel like the number of shards might be a little too high, but that depends on RoF and the feel of the whole thing. I also think the bonus damage cap would be better fit at 50% if it's going to scale off ability strength. Not only is it a nice, pretty, easy to imagine number, it takes quite a bit to get to 200% strength, and from 20% to 30% feels like a minuscule jump when the ability naturally increments by 5%.

(Mind that we can always see these numbers change depending on how it actually feels to play him, so we should put more weight on the ratios between numbers rather than the raw data.)

That said, the casting technique feels unique and interesting. I don't think we really have genuine minigun-esque abilities, especially not something that's meant to inflict unique status effects. The fact it doesn't interrupt other actions is also huge.

Eon Fissures (I liked Era Fissures more)

Feels solid. How it's explained here works much better and it covers a lot of bases.

Only thing I'm not sure on is it not stacking the armour / shield debuff. Considering it's a horde shooter where most things would end up dead before reaching 100% removal, I feel like giving it the ability to completely strip armour or shields (for quite a hefty energy cost, considering it's the only ability that can generate this specific debuff) would still fit in a healthy spot. Without it, I start to wonder if the ability is really worth the energy cost when I can get the same effect with any slightly inclined status weapon.

Rewind

Not a lot to say about it. It feels solid. Again, numbers could change based on programming demands and the feel of the Warframe (it might feel identical just to give everything a flat 80% chance not to consume ammo, and that 20% bonus damage could end up being 200%), but those are things that just have to be done on feel. Conceptually, it's great and a very good staple ability.

Only thing I might say is that allowing players to increase the debuff time to, say, 2x the base could be a healthy change. Very hard to call on-paper, though.

Also the charge time increase to bows is just cackle-inducing. Being able to spam bows with a Thunderbolt mod just sounds delightful.

Temporal Oblivion

Like above, is solid. Only thing I might question is: what is the range on it? (Can't forget that range and duration also play into stats, not just power strength)

The only other thing I can think is: do you think there might be a way for Time-Caught enemies to buff Reldin in some way? E.g., enemies caught in TC boost his ability strength by 1% each, or something to that effect. It feels like there's an opportunity for something unique like that.

Nice feedback. Will consider passive changes (and other options for passive).

I changed the name of Era Fissures to Eon Fissures because I think it rolls off the tongue better. Try saying it aloud and let me know what you think.

Also, I think 100% stripping would be way too good, especially when you consider that at level 150, heavy gunners get most of their EHP from armor, same with corpus techs. Maybe a bump up in numbers to be higher? I don't want to take away from corrosive though.

I also need to fix something about Time-Caught, accidentally put that enemies take bonus damage when it should have been, enemies deal reduced damage. Or maybe the first way is better. What do you think?

Passive is lovely ❄💙

Im okay with the 1st ability

3rd ability is lovely ❄💙

The 2nd and 4th are okay lol, i just can see something more coming from them like-

- Extending the duration of your own and allies abilities.

- Changing the way players recieve damage like causing them to only take 5% of damage recieved from every enemy per second.

- Allowing the player to revive himself if they have more than 50% energy by going back in time.

- Using your abilities at a certain time keeps them from draining energy or deal more damage (I noticed this from a game called smite using something very simular)

Just a few ideas 

Thank you for the feedback, especially for the notes on the passive and 3. I'm glad they sound ok, because they both have been revised MANY times.

The idea behind this frame is to be more a DPS frame to limbo's CC. I will look into changes, mainly to the 2nd ability, but I would like to keep the 4th ability as is, or in a similar DPS role. 

Also, I actually play Smite, so I'll look through to see if I can find the exact thing you meant. 🙂

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Zephyer01 said:

I changed the name of Era Fissures to Eon Fissures because I think it rolls off the tongue better. Try saying it aloud and let me know what you think.

Ehh, kinda 50/50 IMO. "Eon" does have a longer sound, for better or worse. I feel like the "n" and "f" sounds clash a little bit.

Also, I think 100% stripping would be way too good, especially when you consider that at level 150, heavy gunners get most of their EHP from armor, same with corpus techs. Maybe a bump up in numbers to be higher? I don't want to take away from corrosive though.

First, lowering EHP is his entire shtick as a DPS frame.

Second, he's not the first frame to have 100% stripping in his arsenal. Mag can do that with enough casts and strength. Saryn can do it as well.

Third, like Mag, he'd require multiple casts, making this method of stripping armour or shields quite energy-consuming.

Fourth, Corrosive has neither energy nor range limitations (nor the TC requirement) that his armour stripping ability would have. Just by that alone, you definitely would not be taking away from Corrosive.

I also need to fix something about Time-Caught, accidentally put that enemies take bonus damage when it should have been, enemies deal reduced damage. Or maybe the first way is better. What do you think?

If he's a DPS frame, it should be bonus damage. He deals bonus damage on TC'd enemies either way, so it'd only make sense for others to get some kind of boost.

I viewed several other warframe concepts and I really liked Servator, The Monarch of Time. I did think about offering to combine our ideas into a single warframe, because both concepts have good and bad abilities that would complement each other.

Decided to wait on that idea for a while.

A side note: I will still be working on Reldin and his abilities, but will be working on several other frame concepts as well during the upcoming weeks.

Comment if you see anything you like and I will have links to my other concepts posted shortly.

Any artist who would be willing to assist me with concept art, just PM me. I cannot draw to save my life.

I don't think it will devalue Nova. She increases damage taken by 100% and also can affect everyone in a massive area, that also goes through walls. In contrast Reldin has to look where he wants to shoot his shards and also has a maximum number of enemies the ability can affect. In addition, he only has 20% increased damage. I don't think he'll outdo Nova anytime soon. Although explain to me what you think. Opinions are always good.

Although on a second pass, the slow was WAY too high. I've lowered it down to 25%, which is just shy of Nova's 30%.