Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality of Life Issues

Guinylen

There are a number of QoL issues present in the game and I'd like to point them out:

1. Chat bar:
- Chat bars disappear whenever you leave an instance. Why? LEAVE IT ON. There are so many instances where someone sent a message the moment I leave squad and I wished I could have done it later, or that guy could have said it earlier. It's beneficial for when you leave squad you can look back at the chat history and take note on the advices other players gave for builds etc.

- If players have joined the squad, show them the full chat history so it's easier to catch up on details.

- Let us copy texts in the chat bar. Currently you can only paste onto it. Why?

- Whatever you type should STAY in that chat tab, so you can manage multiple chat tabs at the same time.

- Let private messages OPEN A SEPARATE TAB. This means make private chat tabs a real private one. It's confusing having PMs land in trade chat or in someone else's PM tab because you're in that tab.

- Tab switching, by default, move in a rightward direction. Sometimes though the direction is reversed. Why is that?

2. Connecting into squads:

- Add a few more chat commands that allows us to force a disconnect for when

a) you're stuck in the loading screen

b) you accidentally joined a squad, which brings me to my next point

- When open squads in the Plains of Eidolon are found, prompt us whether we want to join that squad or not. It's a time costly mistake to switch in and out of it.

3. Disconnection mitigations:

- When we get disconnected from squads due to connection issues, RESERVE THAT SPOT FOR US. There's no point getting asked if you want back in the squad when the spot HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN.

- When we get disconnected in a split second (screen freeze etc.) do NOT force a host migration then make me the host. Use the method above.

4. Navigations page:

- Hold Escape to fully exit Navigations. Currently you have to press Escape 4 times to do that.

- Allow us to access Arsenal from Navigations.

5. Missions QoL:

- Allow us to to adjust minimap transparency.

- Allow us to adjust minimap zoom levels

- Allow us to see multiple layers of the larger map. 3D map would be awesome.

- Enable in-game combat logs, so we know what killed us.

Some feedback would be appreciated.

57 minutes ago, Guinylen said:

- Let private messages OPEN A SEPARATE TAB. This means make private chat tabs a real private one. It's confusing having PMs land in trade chat or in someone else's PM tab because you're in that tab.

This is a setting in the options.

57 minutes ago, Guinylen said:

3. Disconnection mitigations:

- When we get disconnected from squads due to connection issues, RESERVE THAT SPOT FOR US. There's no point getting asked if you want back in the squad when the spot HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN.

- When we get disconnected in a split second (screen freeze etc.) do NOT force a host migration then make me the host. Use the method above.

This is a basic misunderstanding of the networking for Warframe. You disconnecting for network issues is not different than you quitting the game. There is no way to tell the reason why you are no longer connected. Reserving a spot for someone that may never connect back is really terrible for a 3/4 squad that just wants another player.

There is no entity to take over as Host outside the players in the squad.

1 hour ago, Guinylen said:

- Allow us to access Arsenal from Navigations.

You have access to loadouts. The assumption is that if you are in Nav, you are about to go somewhere and you have already set up a loadout for the things you might do in the game.

While some of these sound like legitimate QoL fixes, others are PC dependant. When making new options and changes, keep in mind that a large portion of the player base is not on PC and have limited buttons. Things found in options is fine, but button pressing while ingame need to also work on a controller.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I don't see any such option to filter specific chat tabs.

This is a basic misunderstanding of the networking for Warframe. You disconnecting for network issues is not different than you quitting the game. There is no way to tell the reason why you are no longer connected. Reserving a spot for someone that may never connect back is really terrible for a 3/4 squad that just wants another player.

There is no entity to take over as Host outside the players in the squad.

Um, yes, there is a difference between losing connection and leaving the game, but it's inconsistent on both ends. To other players, both are the same thing, but for me, depends on whether I get a host migration or not. This has to change.

You have access to loadouts. The assumption is that if you are in Nav, you are about to go somewhere and you have already set up a loadout for the things you might do in the game.

Loadouts are too specific. It's unwise to make loadouts for weapons with minimal configuration changes. I'd rather have the option to pick what I to use want than use what's already there.

To other players, both are the same thing

This is what matters, here. It sucks you are inconvenienced, but the 3 other people in your squad take precedence over you.

Um, yes, there is a difference between losing connection and leaving the game

A lost connection is a lost connection. Alt-F4 looks the same as a dropped network connection, the same as a computer that has just lost power or something unexpectedly.

Loadouts are too specific. It's unwise to make loadouts for weapons with minimal configuration changes. I'd rather have the option to pick what I to use want than use what's already there.

Then go to your Arsenal. Making it so you have to load into Nav to do things or ending up duplicating the Arsenal in the Nav screen is a terrible idea.

I don't see any such option to filter specific chat tabs.

Options -> Chat -> Inline Private Messages or something to that effect.