Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Scaling, RNG and the Market Necessity

blackflashcannon

I have been playing the game for quite some time, and the recent introductions of new Warframes have been astoundingly difficult to acquire, let alone build. Ivara being RNG locked on spy missions being perfected, Gara and Revenant completely hidden behind bounties, Khora in the ever scaling Sanctuary Onslaught and now Garuda has both Bounties drop AND the ungodly horror show that is Toroid farming. It has come to the point that the recent frames is displaying the effort being put in to acquire these frames without outright purchasing. Looking at the upcoming update, I am worried with every fiber of my being that Baruuk is going to be another frame that has levels of grind so severe, I look at it and say "Welp, better save up my money cause I do not have time for a third job that I'm not even paid for."

I tried to grind out some toroids for my friend pre-update and just approaching the temple of profit for ONE of the resources is a death sentence. Enemies scaling has crunched far beyond acceptable, it has become a Sortie level difficulty. This has made me incredibly disappointed that it has progressed to the level that acquiring these frames without going to the market that i have to treat this like an occupation rather than a fun past time. If games turn into a tedious task just for progression, it stops being fun and no one likes that.

It saddens me to say this, but I fear for Warframe if this continues down this path, where money is required now to get these frames in any semblance of speed.

Or you could find other players to help you if you can't deal with the enemies yourself. Or there's the ones that pop up in caves. There's no reason for the temple to be giving you that much trouble, unless you are going in there with a beacon up.

The hardest part of Garuda was the cut gems.

I went solo to the Temple of profit, Enrichment labs and Spaceport with Nekros and a booster and came out with all the torids in one run, just bring a powerful weapon and camp somewhere.

What I find annoying are the rare gems needed to build Garuda's parts and how their bluepoints are timegated behind the Solaris almost until their max rank. And don't even get me started on the weapons and their research/build costs. It's almost as if DE are making the grind as frustrading as possible so players would buy their expensive bundles instead

I found all the toroids I needed for her while I was farming gems in caves which I need for pretty much everything. Just a few days of mining in caves and you'll get plenty of toroids 

You can even make it a stable farming place, take a really fast frame and put all the movement mods in there plus loot mods/aura and get your AW and go to the caves that might spawn toroids, there's a video about it on YT if you want more details 

Gara, Revenant or Garuda aren't hard to farm nor build by any means, i don't get your point here. The only thing you need with Garuda is time since rare gems are locked by reputation but in the end how many of these do you really need ? 3.

You don't need plenty of toroids either, there's absolutely no grind to get Garuda. Crafting the 3 new weapons is another story though, you'll need a lot of rare fish.

the only issue so far is about people serious lack of patience and quite masochistic approach to gaming. No one forces anyone to grind anything in this game, even Khora or Nidus can be acquired less painfully if you aren't spending a whole day doing the same thing over and over until you get what you want. For my part i was playing in Sanctuary here and there, when i wanted to and certainly not all day long. If you really crave for some specific content, platinium is your friend though, this game is free to play for some reasons (and you can get platinium with classic trading, still people are complaining...).

I really don't see any of the frames you mentioned being hard...just takes a small amount of time, but nothing ungodly.

8 hours ago, blackflashcannon said:

Ivara being RNG locked on spy missions being perfected

Oh yes, so hard with how dead simple every spy vault is and how easy it is to get a frame that can completely ignore most of the mechanics.
And at most taking 20ish runs before the drop on average with very few people taking up to 100.
Sure it takes some time...but once you have it down, or find a good group, a full perfect spy run doesn't take long at all.

Gara and Revenant completely hidden behind bounties

Which neither of them are that rare...
Gara parts appear quite often and most of the parts can be gotten in 3-4 bounties for the expected drop with unlucky people taking 20 bounties...which again isn't hard at all, just a small time investment.
And Revenant is in the same boat except for the slightly rarer Neuroptics which takes 5-6 runs for the expected drop and 37 at the most if you're supremely unlucky.

They again don't take all that long to get, just do some bounties regularly and you'll have them in fairly short order.

Khora in the ever scaling Sanctuary Onslaught

And normal Sanctuary Onslaught isn't hard to get to the first C rotation...which is just as far as you need to go before bailing out and trying again.  Roun 8 in normal sanctuary is maybe at sortie 1 difficulty, which isn't hard for the majority of frames to handle.
She by far takes the longest time out of the frames you mentioned, in regards to time spent farming for the parts themselves...but again its not some massive grindwall or anything.  Yes it does take a few hours but its not like you have to sit down and spend hours upon hours upon hours doing it in one sitting.  You can grind away at it a piece at a time until you get it.  And its not like the other rewards are crap from there, what with most of them being relics or endo.

Garuda has both Bounties drop AND the ungodly horror show that is Toroid farming

Garuda's parts are in line with Khora's, meaning 3-4 bounties and you're expected to have the parts drop, at most taking 20 bounties which doen't take very long, especially since you don't ever have to leave vallis to do them.
So this takes some time but is rather easy and a small time investment.

Toroids aren't that hard to find, you can either go to one of the bases and farm it, or go spelunking and get the Gems you need for her later and at the same time occasionally stumble across the toroids you need.
I've gotten enough toroids to build Garuda a few times over by raiding caves for gems and ores.

Honestly the hardest part about her is that the gems you need require ranks 2, 3 and 4 in Solaris standing, which takes 141,000 standing, or 6 days if you are MR 26, with lower MRs taking longer.
And again the frame itself isn't hard to acquire or build, it just takes some time.

It saddens me to say this, but I fear for Warframe if this continues down this path, where money is required now to get these frames in any semblance of speed.

And how do you define "semblance of speed"?
Is it being able to get and build a frame in a few hours of it dropping?  Because if so I think that's a tad unrealistic.

As it stands all of the frames you listed can easily be grabbed in a few days at most, with Garuda taking the longest to rank up Solaris United standing to rank 4 for the gem BP, but even with that taken into account can easily be gotten by just an hour or two a day for a week.

None of the frames you listed are that hard to farm or take that long to get.

Edited by Tsukinoki