Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DamascusRaven

Are simple Macros acceptable?

I use a Sleep Equinox for focus-farming and have to constantly spam 2 to put enemies to sleep.  Can I use a macro that just spams my 2 button constantly to avoid having to mash the key over and over again, or are macros discouraged?  

If a member of staff happens to read this, where is the line drawn with macros?  I've read some mixed answers on the forums and believe some official clarification would be very helpful for the community.

Thanks.

This is the closest I've seen to anything "official" ( Warframe partner ):

Do keep in mind that it's not the macro itself that can be a problem, but rather how and for what are you using it.

I would avoid macros as it could potentially get you perma banned regardless of what others may say. It is a fine line of possibly breaking EULA/ToS so be wary.

2 hours ago, DamascusRaven said:

I use a Sleep Equinox for focus-farming and have to constantly spam 2 to put enemies to sleep.  Can I use a macro that just spams my 2 button constantly to avoid having to mash the key over and over again, or are macros discouraged?  

If a member of staff happens to read this, where is the line drawn with macros?  I've read some mixed answers on the forums and believe some official clarification would be very helpful for the community.

Thanks.

Ive heard of people getting banned for rapid fire macros, iirc a few did after that Khora rapid leveling bug was found.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb DamascusRaven:

Thanks.

As far as i know simple 1-Button Marcos are ok, but Marcos which will automate a complete action like crouch slideattack are a reason to get banned, but just to make sure maybe contact support and ask them nicely, they will surely give you the correct answer.

3 hours ago, DogManDan said:

I would avoid macros as it could potentially get you perma banned regardless of what others may say. It is a fine line of possibly breaking EULA/ToS so be wary.

I got 2 confirmations directly from the support that you can use any macro as long as it doesnt:

1. Play the game for you aka botting program or complex action scripts like perma spin2win
  2. Doesnt rely or enables pinpoint accuracy and other hack style behaviour (aimbot, wallhack, etc...)

I in fact have asked the support on whenever i could use a bullet jump macro or not because due to nervous damage i cant really do that for too long without agonizing pain.

Watching the warframe stream they said that quality of life macros are ok. If they are to make you surpass human ability then you'll be caught and banned. 

I'm thinking the simple truth is that the makers of this game would want everyone to PLAY the game, if you're using a macro to eliminate needless finger stress then you're still PLAYING the game (as intended). As a free to play game, bots, hacks, boosted accounts, bounced currency are all at the top of their list. It should be pretty easy once you see the big picture to glean the point where you draw the line.

That being said, macros require an external program running in tandem AND as always DE reserves the right to make their own decision at any time. This game is gaining vast amounts of popularity and thus their loosely held standards will inevitably be morphed into distinctive rules. In a nutshell- the best course is to respect the boundaries DE has been kind enough to leave open for interpretation.