Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts on Baruuk

Ikusi_Prime

So based on what we've seen, here's my thoughts on Baruuk. 

Visually, I really like him. They nailed the monk look, and I can't wait to test my personal color scheme on him. He's distinct, which is a good thing. I love the concept, too, a pacifist frame. Makes me wonder if he'll have any augments that reward him for not fighting. 

As for his passive, I hope (kinda) there's a new name for it than an Edge Meter, but overall, it seems solid. Building up a damage resist as you use your own defensive abilities makes him really tanky. I'm assuming that the actual values are going to be low-to-moderate, otherwise you'd be discouraged from using his 3 and 4. 

His 1, Elude, reminds me of Garuda's 1, in that it is mono-directional protection. It's kinda weird that his other abilities really want him in the middle of the action, while this one wants him to keep as many enemies as possible on one side of him, but overall, it seems really good. I wonder if something like a Bombard rocket could fly through you, but hit nearby terrain and kill you anyway. I'm curious to see what mods will work with this as well. Will range increase the arc? 

His 2, Sedative, seems really like a fun alternative to other mass CC effects. I'm hoping that it doesn't alert enemies, so he can be extra stealthy. It'd be cool if the delay on the sleep scaled down with power strength, as though the sedative was stronger and put them to sleep faster.

His 3, Subdue, is probably my favorite part of the kit. The damage resist lets you stay at range and fight people, and if they get too close, they get disarmed. It seems like you really want to build range for Sedative to get as many people asleep, but you really DON'T want to build a ton of range for Subdue because if the range is too big, you'll just lose all the charges instantly and can't really be selective of who gets disarmed or have any extra defenses from ranged enemies. It'd be awesome if the charges would spread to not only allies, but sleeping enemies as well, letting him sow his charges throughout a CC'd room and disarm only the enemies who aren't asleep. 

His 4, Savage, is simply badass. The animations and effects already look great, and just being able to ragdoll enemies around at will is so cool. I wonder if Edge is the only resource for it, or does it need energy to activate/sustain as well? Since using it eats away at the damage resist you've built up, it'd be nice if it "locked" the damage resist at where it was when you activated it, so you can keep that resistance while you are flying around punching stuff, then it goes down once you've stopped. 

Overall, a welcome addition to the game. CC frames are my favorite, and I can't wait to get my hands on him! 

41 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

I love him for his visuals, alas his CC focus seems to have triggered the nuker/press-4-to-win community.

It's not getting triggered, it's that CC frames have limited use in the current game environment, where targets die as fast as they're CC'd.

That said, I hope he's good in practice.

Looking forward to this monkframe. Savage is interactive CC done right IMO, while Sedative is the classic mass CC on button press, options for many playstyles.

In before players turning Elude on and with back against a wall to leech on Hydron, haha.

В 18.12.2018 в 15:09, LupisV0lk сказал:

I love him for his visuals, alas his CC focus seems to have triggered the nuker/press-4-to-win community.

If you just want to stand in one place doing nothing, you picked the wrong game. Especially in its current state. Not to mentions theres so much more than just doing nothing while the whole tile sleeps, but yeah, different folks. 

The only real aplication for such power is basically lor that was fckn hated to the point they put it on hold and removed. Speaks for itself. 

i think he is absolutely awful. it takes far too long and too much energy to charge up his restraint. His ult is the only reason good thing about his kit. his third is utterly useless, 5 meter base for the explosion and the ability only spawns 3 knives, knives will still target disarmed enemies. i have 180% range on my build and am only disarming 3 - 4 closely packed enemies for each cast. its not useful at all and needs buffed or scrapped completely.. 

Edited by cookieknife
Baruuk is the best afk frame tho

11 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

, but yeah, different folks. 

Different strokes.

11 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

If you just want to stand in one place doing nothing, you picked the wrong game. Especially in its current state. Not to mentions theres so much more than just doing nothing while the whole tile sleeps, but yeah, different folks. 

The only real aplication for such power is basically lor that was fckn hated to the point they put it on hold and removed. Speaks for itself. 

Yeah am currently loving his CC, i shudder to see how tanky he could get with a maxed adaptation.

9 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

i think he is absolutely awful. it takes far too long and too much energy to charge up his restraint. His ult is the only reason good thing about his kit. his third is utterly useless, 5 meter base for the explosion and the ability only spawns 3 knives, knives will still target disarmed enemies. i have 180% range on my build and am only disarming 3 - 4 closely packed enemies for each cast. its not useful at all and needs buffed or scrapped completely.. 

From what I've experienced, the knives are like a "last resort". They give you a damage resist while active (at least they did the last time the devs talked about him), and they don't seem to have a duration, so you can activate them and forget about them, and they'll save you from enemies who get too close. I'm not sure if you're stuck at 3x daggers even at max rank or if you'll get more when you get more levels on him, but I'll have to invest more time to see. 

Also, it does take a while to whittle down his Restraint, but you don't need to have it at max all the time. You can bust it out for a quick combo that does a ton of damage and knocks enemies over, then turn it back off again. I don't think the point is to go Rambo for ten minutes, just in short bursts to clear a group of enemies. 

2 minutes ago, Aejan said:

From what I've experienced, the knives are like a "last resort". They give you a damage resist while active (at least they did the last time the devs talked about him), and they don't seem to have a duration, so you can activate them and forget about them, and they'll save you from enemies who get too close. I'm not sure if you're stuck at 3x daggers even at max rank or if you'll get more when you get more levels on him, but I'll have to invest more time to see. 

Also, it does take a while to whittle down his Restraint, but you don't need to have it at max all the time. You can bust it out for a quick combo that does a ton of damage and knocks enemies over, then turn it back off again. I don't think the point is to go Rambo for ten minutes, just in short bursts to clear a group of enemies. 

I just found myself sitting there watching enemies shoot around me more than actually playing, doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I get how you can use it in quick bursts, like quick melee or wukong's third.

1 minute ago, cookieknife said:

I just found myself sitting there watching enemies shoot around me more than actually playing, doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I get how you can use it in quick bursts, like quick melee or wukong's third.

None of his abilities actually restrict you from shooting or moving, they just make you hard to kill. Sitting there and watching enemies shoot you was your choice, you could have easily shot them back. 

7 minutes ago, Aejan said:

None of his abilities actually restrict you from shooting or moving, they just make you hard to kill. Sitting there and watching enemies shoot you was your choice, you could have easily shot them back. 

what ive gathered

Passive gives DR  a good bit of it too 

1: if you build it for range it increses the angle with little effort (strecth augur reach and drift mod with range) i got 342 degree of protection baruuk with that degree has no chill 

2: hitting them with you sleep alone makes restraint go down anyone killing them regaudless of state also makes it go down

3: daggers can be passed to allies up to 4 and you can keep recasting it if you want to keep your self topped up on 8 of them Edit: stat says gives 80 DR

4: powerful with deceptive range cant really tell if reach effects it or power range affects it but its at 80% crit chance with a 5x multi on my set up with a dash of viral it hurts

overall i love his look and his kit is very entertaining to use makes me think of harrow alittle bit 

Edited by seprent

It takes a while to charge the meter the first time, but keeping it charged/close to charged is pretty easy with range using the rest of his abilities, mainly Lull. This means having negative duration might actually be a good thing if you're using him for his 4th. You can charge it the quickest by recasting low duration high range Lull it seems like. Fleeting expertise is a great mod for that. Effeciency seems to effect his 1st ability more than duration anyways. About 200% range seems optimal. 360 evasion and plenty of range for Lull (around 46 meters I think?) But yeah, it'd be nice if his 4th had higher status chance

Another great thing about efficiency is you can keep recasting the charges near teammates to give them more charges allowing you to build the meter even faster. With zenurik, you'll have plenty of energy for all of this and I've found Flow isn't even needed with zenurik for this frame with efficiency. Still, I think you should just be able to cast desolate hands on teammates with the full number of charges. Nezhas augment lets you cast on teammates, gara can cast splinter storm on teammates. This would help build the meter initially faster

Edited by AntiMomentum

On 2018-12-18 at 2:09 AM, Aejan said:

I wonder if something like a Bombard rocket could fly through you, but hit nearby terrain and kill you anyway. I'm curious to see what mods will work with this as well.

I can definitely say yes a bombard's rocket hitting terrain near you after phasing through you will definitely damage you (and at high enough levels kill you)

On 2018-12-18 at 2:09 AM, Aejan said:

Will range increase the arc? 

Most definitely. at 200% range his arc will reach 360 degrees of protection (so long as you aren't attacking anything ofc) (very very useful)

Edited by GGbroman
clarification