Does Fisher Hai-Luk sell me wares above my rank?

Mortician13

Question

Some people say Cuthold Tendrils are indeed very rarely in supply but now I wonder, will he ever offer me Cuthold Tendrils when I am below the rank to buy Cuthol Bait?

I have barely started playing during PoE so I am only Rank 3 with the Ostron. After some clanmates helped me I want to build a x23 amp and need Cuthold Tendrils for that. I decided that raising my rank with the ostron, crafting the necessary bait (for which I need materials that I will have to farm extra) is more work than if I just pay the 10 or 20 plat for Cuthold Tendrils at Fisher Hai-Luk's Daily Specials. However, I have been checking his offers every day for a few week and haven't seen Cuthold Tendrils. Some people say Cuthold Tendrils are indeed very rarely in supply but now I wonder, will he ever offer me Cuthold Tendrils when I am below the rank to buy Cuthol Bait?

2 answers to this question

It's not that I am checking what Hai-Luk sells but I somehow had impression that the only way to get cuthol tendrils without catching fish yourself or buying in trade chat was during Plague star event when lot of stuff could be bought at Nakak, including high tier fish parts.

If you have time to play game frequently then it would be best to just rank up Ostron ranking, get baits and go fishing yourself. If you don't have much time to play then you'll have to try to buy cuthol tendrils in trade chat. It's just that, if you have time to play the game, the cuthol tendrils are definitely not worth to spend platinum on as you can fish cuthols very easily and need to just grind ostron standing for bait blueprint.