New player progression

BlachWolf

IMO new players shouldn’t be present in fortuna and cetus. Before you start hating on me, let me explain myself and what I mean by new player. For me a new player is someone who’s below mr 7, this comes from my experience helping them, most players have OP mode unlocked by the time they reach mr 7 and have a general idea on how to mod. Also, its where you start getting some good weapons.

Now to why I think they shouldn’t be in Cetus and Fortuna. These two places are very new player unfriendly, the sudden difficulty spike in bounties are going to be a bit too much for them, they don’t have the knowledge nor the resources to mod correctly against an enemy faction, also they lack the skills to move efficiently through such big maps, this coupled with the fact that their progression will be extremely slow, thanks to their low mr, means that they’ll just be wasting their time. To add to that, most of the resources that can be obtain there, won’t be of any use to them, thus making the grind even more worthless to them. What I’m trying to say is that by trying to get new players involved in such encapsulated experiences, they’ll have a really hard time progressing through the actual game.

Warframe is already very vague, when it comes to player progression, adding even more stuff that can be accessed right from the start will only put more pressure on new players. This not only hurts them but also vets, because DE then will try to dump down the difficulty of the area, in order to accommodate new players.  If they want to make warframe more new player accessible, they should actually work on their new player progression instead of making new content easier to access, this would actually benefit both sides, letting new players catch up much faster to vets and thus creating a more even playing field.

I’m not asking for a change or anything, but just stating my opinion, I just hope that in future updates they at least consider this.

(I also posted this on Reddit)

I do agree, altho i think cetus is A-OK for new guys, as long as they steer away from high lvl bounties. Fortuna tho should be off limits until they are powerful enough, i think MR 6 should be good, easy to get to, and you have some basic knowledge to survive.

I do think a nice add-on to the game would be a quick guide to levels in the game since it works in a different way from every other game, and maybe push ppl to do the story more, I personally love and enjoy it, plus, they would gain new frames and weaps pretty fast. (aside limbo-like quests)

Interesting point. Although I think DE wanted to make the open world to all kind of players (new and vets alike), I do think the design favors veterans more. The grinding for their standing are way easier for the veterans because of how it benefits high MR players. Problem is, the content (enemies and mission type) in these open worlds, especially in cetus, doesnt entice veteran players.

I kinda feels like DE wanted to show this open world for everyone to hype up their game and attract new comers and the result became like what we have. Too much grind for the new players, not challenging enough (this is debatable) for older players. I hope that when they release new open world, it would be more suitable for older players.

Edited by kingvaldemir

Oh c'mon, thats called smurfing and i think no one would see any meaning to it in this game, MR 6 represents the new guys when they transition to a bit of a higher level content, if people are smurfing that's a deterrent for them i guess.

I do get your point ofc, as MR counts less than nothing since almost no skill is needed to pass most of the tests

Edited by (PS4)Snake_609_

Oh while we are at it, I'd like to add some more points regarding the open world

These open world maps kinda alienate themselves from the 'main' or 'original' warframe content. New players should really focus on leveling their weapons and warframes, reaching high MR, unlocking junctions, and do the quests. These open worlds doesn't help them progress those stuff. Maybe it can help them leveling  but not as effective as the other. Not only that, open world also has their own progression. It's like a brand new expansion and their brand new content. Hell, even new players can't fight the eidolons and the upcoming orb fight (not released yet, but we know it require old mate which newbies would take forever to reach).

Putting the open worlds after the star chart completion make more sense and it also gives the players a sense of discovering new worlds. That way, they have something that they can work toward to. But, well whats done is done and it's just my opinion. Like I said earlier, I do hope the next one would be better.

Edited by kingvaldemir

20 minutes ago, kingvaldemir said:

Putting the open worlds after the star chart completion make more sense and it also gives the players a sense of discovering new worlds. That way, they have something that they can work toward to. But, well whats done is done and it's just my opinion. Like I said earlier, I do hope the next one would be better.

I fully agree with you here, it would make a lot more sense for them to complete the star chart first, though that could take a while and because of that it would be better if they at least need to have op mode unlocked.

Edited by BlachWolf

55 minutes ago, BlachWolf said:

most players have OP mode unlocked by the time they reach mr 7 and have a general idea on how to mod. Also, its where you start getting some good w

after mastery 2 a new player can buy or just recieve a gift with the most importan mods (Sierra, split chamber, hornet strick, pressure point). And if a new player take 10 min to check the wiki or watch a video tutorial for modding, he will be ready for modding.

I created a new PC account and I really enjoyed the news open world, even Eidolons hunts.

Edited by (PS4)AleDiorio

Just now, (PS4)AleDiorio said:

after mastery 2 a new player can buy or just recieve a gift with the most importan mods (Sierra, split chamber, hornet strick, pressure point). And if a new player take 10 min to check the wiki or watch a video tutorial for mod, he will be ready for modding.

I created a new PC account and I really enjoyed the news open world, even Eidolons hunts. 

Most new players dont look for help, or tutorials and such. If I wanted I could play through the game at mr0 with no problem, but thats just me. Also you cant really hunt eidolons effectively without op mode and at mr2 you wont have access to it.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AleDiorio said:

So that is not a progression systema problem!! 

If you have to look outside the game in order to get a general understanding of the mechanics and how to continue from a point, then yes its a progression problem.

Edited by BlachWolf

The game is undoubtably criptic but many of them don't tell you anything unless you go search it when you need it. And i don't think that's bad, it helps immersion a bit, you go get something you wanted after researching about it and knowing where to find it, that's just the basic iteration for anything in any game. Only, the reasearch is done irl and not by reading the codex, that's not really an issue to me.

What's needed is the dedication that new players can't possibly have, and that's the entry wall right there, the requirements for gittin gud

Edited by (PS4)Snake_609_
Adding a comma

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Snake_609_ said:

The game is undoubtably criptic but many of them don't tell you anything unless you go search it when you need it. And i don't think that's bad, it helps immersion a bit, you go get something you wanted after researching about it and knowing where to find it, that's just the basic iteration for anything in any game. Only the reasearch is done irl and not by reading the codex, that's not really an issue to me.

What's needed is the dedication that new players can't possibly have, and that's the entry wall right there, the requirements for gittin gud

True thats one of the strenghts of Warframe, but also its greatest weakness. In order to progress you need information, how to mod, how armor works and so on. Information is tied to progression, especially in warframe.