Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: The Profit-Taker - Update 24.2

[DE]Megan

after a long day at work i return my home to try this new update and for my very 1st time, the 1 phase quest bugged for 2 time so i have to leave squad and eat for the 3rd time all the crap the npc have to say over and over. 

BUG 2+1

FUN 0

Oh these new corpus lockers are not great.  I could deal with not liking how they look as much as the old ones, that's just aesthetic preference.  However, they're very difficult to read, especially from any kind of distance.  That's a problem. 

Please increase the area that lights up on these.

14 hours ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

Could you please remove the cut scene every bounty...waste of time!

Having to watch the cutscene is a small price to pay for being able to kill them whenever we want. Its better than having to wait an hour and a half for a 50 minute night cycle isnt it? The cutscene is fine.

Man these Orb HEISTS are really anti solo players, it kinda seems like they were designed that way with the weird symbol shields and the timer on the last stage. Do you guys not like solo players? I wouldn’t mind if it just took 4 times as long as a full squad but this is just dumb. I’m not really a fan of playing with other people and even if I was my 500 plus ping in every game would make it not possible. Thanks DE, I’ll add this to the list of other game modes you can’t play solo 👎🏼

Dojo UI Changes:

• The initial Trading Post screen and Research screen in the Dojo have been reworked to not only be more functional and aesthetically pleasing, but also to match your chosen UI Theme! 

It certainly looks nicer and easier to research, but can we please see what we have mastered again? I thought that was one of the most useful additions to the research UI and now it's gone again. 

This update is quite massive. and amidst all the wonderful things within, there are still problems. some like me cant overlook. and WONT overlook

Staticor: Charged fire now deals self damage.   DE. what is this.   why is this here.   was the weapon overall to strong in your eyes? why add self damage?

i can honestly understand changing the distortion effects, even tho i like those. I'm not sad they got changed.

BUT. i can also honestly say. while the FX change is a subjective thing. self damage is OBJECTIVELY nurfing usage of this once great, and still unique weapon. even the range nerf is just bad!,  which i s more fun 2m or 8m. obviously 8 but sure lets nurf it to 2 cause unsatisfactory reasoning given, evne if you added self damage as the reason, no one wanted or asked for self damage

killing yourself in this game by accident can be funny sure. but that novelty dose NOT last

the staticor is one of my favorite weapons and have used it for more then a year.  and in that year i have had alot of fun,.and never once had i heard anyone, in the forums or in game, say this weapon was to strong or needed self damage...

while i would and am requesting a revert. i would like to say. i would not be against the entire change being reverted altogether, or just removing the self damage.

DE i know you would never revert this change.... while you do listen to some feedback to determine whether something is good or not. i have witnessed over time the method of give ant take you hold...  you give what looks to be amazing things or sometimes give minimum things or just quality of life things everyone would be happy with...  and then, you take... you add or get rid of 1 extra bit and its the 1 change no one likes or asked for...  that 1 change that is almost always included that is broken or just out of touch with the rest of the updates... like someone else poped in or snuck in 1 change who was not assigned to the team making the changes

DE whether you see this or not. i hope you in the future consider more, some of the changes you plan... make them... carefully 

nobody likes having something changed to be objectively worse then it was before (unless they are special cases) that is a fact. 

also, unskipable cut-scenes  really?  on top of that, must be old mate for the hiest? abit much dont you think?

EDIT: genuinly supprised DE made me eat some of my words by actually changing staticor self damage back.  still missing the range but overall staticor complaint with such a fast charge time and NO self damage, now makes it moot.   

good job DE, you made me HAPPILY eat my words  in saying you wouldent change that back.

now we just need that bothersome old mate lock lowered a rank or two and we should be golden..

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Replaced old Corpus lockers of various types with shiny new and improved Corpus lockers on numerous tilesets.

new but NOT improved imho

its hard to see now if its open, closed, locked

and cache findings are more difficult aswell for me 😞

5 hours ago, Hyohakusha said:

Oh, and K-Drive races are worthless. You LOSE 50 daily rep every time you do them. To what? Gain 450? You get more in one trick. 

If that was "lose 500 to gain 5000", that might be worth my time. Might.

I find it astonishing that rewards are off from what they should be by that much. Lots of other games also misjudge what the rewards should be, but to get it wrong by an order of magnitude? I don't think I've ever seen that elsewhere, and it's a problem that's not exclusive to k-drive standing, other rewards are similarly affected (such as, say, kuva).

While I enjoy the orb heist bounties, one reward total per bounty just... Doesn't make them worth it or even remotely viable to get the parts for the new weapons or the Strain mods.

A good change would be changing each stage of the bounty to give a reward, but only actually give the rewards once the final stage is complete.

At this point, toroid farming the old fashioned way is still more economical.

Also, having just done the Profit Taker fight, I didn't know there was a special toroid drop (Fetch didn't get it, didn't see it drop), but I did have to burn a revive due to the final mechanic. There's a LOT that could have been implemented better or communicated better in-game. Heck, I had to read the wiki to find out the Profit Taker cycled what it's vulnerable to, I had been wasting an awful lot of ammo because I hadn't had any feedback (Other than dialogue which may or may not have alluded to such) as to how to damage it.

Still, all this can be fixed eventually. Still, once you're done with Profit Taker the first time through it's just spamming for the weapon pieces and Strain mods and then back to farming Toroids by way of high alert corpus slaying in the vallis.

Seems to me that this game has become a 2 zone game - either Cetus or Fortuna and nothing else matters.  Furthermore, it's much more solo unfriendly with really difficult and demanding requirements just to progress like the new update requiring max standing before you can even consider going after the new items.  After checking the wiki and looking at the standing progression I've completely given up on the whole idea of going after the new stuff.  Same with Cetus - which leaves the ordinary star chart with pathetic rewards at all levels.  The grind in this game grows exponentially with every update, coupled with  constant senseless nerfs and "features" (like non-skippable cut-scenes) designed purely to frustrate and infuriate players.  If you're trying to destroy the game, you're heading in the right direction - keep it up.

Congratulations DE, making the profit taker fight damn near impossible if you didn't choose the right archgun. Really... that 10 minute cooldown too, whoo, for a fight where you have to switch back and forth between weapons. Perfect.

Velocitus gets a damage nerf, and so you're likely to run out of ammo before you can take it down. Not sure why it suddenly has ammo too.

The toroid it drop, sometimes not appearing. Great.

Getting stuck with the archgun and unable to switch weapon to deal with the shield.

This is grindy, i'll agree with people who think so. But that isn't even my personal problems with it. Why even have a cooldown? Afraid we'll use it too much or something? I'm confused at this decision. And I would be able to go, you know, maybe they didn't think about it, and that may still be the case, but to require it in a battle where you'll need it again in under the 10 minutes, and then also have a time limit where is less than 10 minutes, making it impossible if you just used it.
Now, I've heard that the cooldown supposedly resets when the shield goes down. I may have experienced that, ... once, of the 4 successful runs I managed to finish. The other sucessful runs were just me being lucky to have team mates that could take down it's hp quickly.

The bugs are annoying, but that's something you didn't anticipate, and that's fine. Just fix it. But the design with the cooldown and ammo, I just don't get. Maybe someone can think of a reason why this is a good thing.

EDIT: Oh, and as someone mentioned... lol, why are you making us watch these cutscenes more than once?

15 hours ago, stenly89 said:

Worst thing you did ! 😡💣😡
you nerfed the best stat of the weapon......

They dont get the concept of BALANCING obviously! They took it from 2m to 8m now back to 2 WTF happened to MIDDLE GROUND? Put it to 4 or 5 meters......

Can you consider dropping the requirements for the Profit-Taker fight from Old Mate to Cove? Old Mate with its hidden bonus feature is possibly the most controversial syndicate rank to date, and there are more than a few players who don't wish to see that 'extra content' whenever they visit Fortuna/Orb Vallis, and who were looking forwards to the Orb Battles, let alone the long hyped 'Archwing weapon on ground'.

This whole 'this is who we are' of the Solaris isn't just a once off thing like a quest, its a core part of the game, and up until this update, it was a part of it we could ignore, as it had little impact on the gameplay. This has now changed drastically, and as a result, those of us who are legitimately disturbed by the true nature of the Solaris are now effectively blocked out of the games newest content. I don't parade my fashion victim of an Operator around infront of the Solaris (except for Little Duck, who should know who I am if she really does posses Quill connections), so I'd expect the same courtesy in return.

At the very least, the requirements for the fight should be 'Has completed Vox Solaris and The War Within quests', maybe rank 3 or rank 4 with Solaris United. At that point Vox Solaris should know we're committed to helping them. That's already a lot more requirements than the Eidolon Bounties, which just require the player to possess an Operator Amp.

If orb battles remain gated like this, once I've gotten all the operator fashion and floofs I need, well, the Solaris can deal with Nef themselves. I'll go hang out with Clem.

All this great work and yet...

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

DESOLATE HANDS
Summon a bevy of orbiting daggers to seek out enemy guns, destroying them with a small explosion. Combine with ELUDE to double the range.

Missed an opportunity for calling it 'Empty Hands' (karate)

I am so ungrateful 😭

25 minutes ago, PullnCardz said:

They dont get the concept of BALANCING obviously! They took it from 2m to 8m now back to 2 WTF happened to MIDDLE GROUND? Put it to 4 or 5 meters......

what is the point of making a weapon /or a warframe/ great, when your just going to crap it up again. Having such slow projectile flight speed, it must have a minimum of 5m radius. 
But look at the "big" improvements DE made:

• Charged fire projectile speed increased.
  • Mag size increased from 45 to 48.
  • Ammo capacity increased from 270 to 288.
  • Clip size no longer affects charge time and is now set at 1 sec.
  • Charged fire now deals self damage.
  • Reduced the shockwave distortion FX
    :facepalm:
    who cares about that, heck you can make the mag 40, the amo 250 and remove the charged fire cuz it's stupid /even more with the self-damage/, but make the  AOE bigger, so that way you dont have to empty the entire clip just to hit a moving target form 25m, or you could make  the projectile flight speed like that of a bullet and having instant hits

Yeah I can't play the Profit-Taker final bounty anymore. The knock backs, constantly having to revive team mates, the knock backs, and knock backs, people switching the damage type every single chance they get, did I mention the knock backs. Pub matches of this bounty are painful to play. Half the time you can't even take a shot at the Orb mother because the mobs are just ridiculous. Last match I had the battle took place right next to a river. The knock backs constantly pushed me into the water which of course cancelled my Vex Armor. The Boss was trying to scale this tiny peak constantly which made it awkward to shoot its limbs. Finding the pick ups for your archgun, which has a 10 minute cool down, for reasons I don't get, while fighting off 30 plus corpus+spiders+Orb mother AOE knocking you around like a pinata is not my idea of fun. This isn't a challenge its just tedious gameplay IMO. Not looking for easy 1,2,3 you're done but I think you've gone overboard DE with mobs, archgun cooldowns, knock downs, well everything really. It feels more like you've been thrown in a blender than an enjoyable gaming experience.

Very angry about Velocitus change. It was my main arch weapon too. It fulfilled it's role a space sniper. That's what it was supposed to do. Don't artificially increase difficulty of your fight/lead into strategies you want by changing weapons just to match your new boss fight vision. I have other games I can play you know, and stuff like this does not convince me to come back to/keep playing Warframe. Was very excited about arch weapons initially too. Not anymore.

Also read reports that orb-fights are not solo-able much. Which is bad. Sure, I team up for tridolons, but I like to solo content, for the challenge if nothing else, or when you want to experiment/chill alone. I soloed tridolon at some point too, though I team up for efficiency for regular runs. The balance o team vs solo was great there. Why you ruin it like this for Fortuna boss, if what I read was true? Rewards also seem kind of bad. Overall, huge disappointment. I only hope you either improve it, or make other ones better.

Archived