Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: The Profit-Taker - Update 24.2

[DE]Megan

I don't quite understand Mad Stack - does it make you fall faster or go forward faster while falling? I'm still set on involving the use of downhill movement to gain extra speed. And am I the only one who gets annoyed by having 100% air control even when pressing no movement directions? In fact, if I want to look behind me, using movement keys is actually necessary in order to not reverse my trajectory. That's one thing I feel like is separating this feature from most snowboarding or skateboarding games - most of those games you can't control your direction midair, you are locked into your jumps as you would be in real life, having to plan ahead of time. Granted, we are driving a rocket board so I can understand the redirection but there are times when I'd prefer it just didn't happen - more importantly if we lowered it to like say... 50% air control? Something more reasonable? I think the boards would be a lot more fun to drive because they would feel like they had a sense of physics to them. This in large part is the biggest problem with Archwing in my opinion is that you are instantly oriented to your camera direction and there is no feeling of inertia.

But in the meantime, why not have an option to switch whether we want turning to be mouse-controlled only when on the ground vs when in the air?

Staticor.. I.. 2 meters? Not even like.. idk, 5?
You say as intended but it seemed deliberate at the time, I was expecting a nerf since I though the weapon was taken a bit too much in a cool direction, but back to 2 just makes me ask a lot of questions.

On 2018-12-18 at 2:59 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Titania Changes:

• Baseline Energy Capacity increased to hit 225 at Max Rank.

Tribute:

• The Energy cost for Tribute has been decreased from 50 to 25.
  • Simply getting 1 type of Tribute will be enough to have its maximum power. You can continue to acquire Tributes to refresh the Duration, but you no longer need to build them up. 
  • As for the 4 Tribute types: 
    • Dust - keep as-is:it reduces enemy accuracy by 50%!
    • Thorns - increase to 50% of damage reflected back to the attacker!
    • Entangle - keep as-is: one Entangle Tribute slows an enemy by 25%!
    • Fullmoon - the 75% damage buff now applies to ALL (Sentinels, Moas, Companions)  + Razorwing Butterflies

Lantern: 

• Lantern can be cast up to 4 times at once (new targets replace old). Targets will gradually float back to their starting positions. You will be able to 'explode' all targets by holding the Lantern cast. 

Razorwing:

• Razorwing has a 'Vacuum' built in! 

Everyone in the first post sad, that this is not enoth. No new changes. Titania is still garbo. rip pixie

Im disappointed, and throroughly aggravated to see that Titiania's new vacuum is 12m or so, instead of 3m (hell, even 6m would be more manageble than 12m). It makes it hard to be anywhere near the ground without wasting energy orbs. At least in a place like Cetus or the Orb Vallis we can fly high up enough to avoid wasting them, cant really do that in most normal mission tilesets. I hope you guys will reduce the range, becuase 12m is way too much. Theres a reason I never use vacuum on sentinels, or that silly new Fetch mod on my pets, and its precisely because on frames with channeled abiliies its downright wasteful.

I am however, really enjoying her changes so far, as well as Nyx's. Here's to hoping Vauban gets some extra love, because what he got before was lackluster.

On 2018-12-18 at 2:59 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Venus Dropships are now affected by Corrosive Projection, Magnetic, Heat, and Electricity Status Effects.
  • Dropships now loop through and check for the landing zone closest to the chosen encounter location. This should reduce situations where Dropships could pick a very

Hello,

First thing I wanted to say is of course thanks for the great updates and all the work. Never thought I'm gonna be playing a game that's not PvP that long 😉

I would like to talk about the dropships in Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon during bounties or even free roam. Can you please, pretty please add a ton of armor and HP to these ships? Or better yet make them almost invulnerable to standard hand weapons? Now that we can use archwing heavy guns maybe only these should damage them and surely not so easy as now.

I think plenty of players feel sorry for the poor bast**ds that are made to come in dropships. It's worse than kamikaze for them. And it kinda ruins the immersion too, when all you see during a bounty stage are explosions in the sky.

Thanks for your consideration.

A.

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Steve Please help to check out the bugs of the Orbiter. Whenever I visit the Orbiter of a friend or invite them over, the visiting person are unable to access the rooms, unless by doing a bullet jump above the door, which will cause a glitch allowing you to phase through the door, this even works for the Infested Room even if we do not use Nidus or a Warframe with a fully grown Cyst.

Furthermore, after entering the rooms, the Operator Room was found to be the one with the worst glitches. Firstly the operator chair will be missing, and we can see the operator just floating in midair. Secondly, when the person switches to operator mode, sometimes the operator will be found moving around but still in the sitting position as if they were still in the Operator Chair.

At first I thought this was an occasional, but after visiting a few orbiters of friends, this issue is seen on all, and occurs to them when they visit my orbiter. 

Please take note of this issue, as it has persisted since many updates ago, but no fixes have been implemented, so I wish to notify you of this matter.

Thank you.

On 2018-12-18 at 7:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Staticor Changes:

• Quick fire area-of-effect returned to 2m as intended.
  • Charged fire projectile speed increased.
  • Mag size increased from 45 to 48.
  • Ammo capacity increased from 270 to 288.
  • Clip size no longer affects charge time and is now set at 1 sec.
  • Charged fire now deals self damage.
  • Reduced the shockwave distortion FX.

Whats up with self damage on weapons ?

Do we players look like people who wants to damage ourselves when we play a game ? Or is it because DE don't want us to use it ? What gives ?

Before this it was PHANTASMA, and barely anyone uses that because of self damage. 

Please don't fix stuff that don't need any fixing. Please revert Staticor as how it was b4 this change or at least put charged shot onto Middle Mouse Button or something so that i wont keep killing myself. 

I think i should just uninstall this game and find something else to play. Coz u just cant use something u like in this game because it just gets Nerfed to the ground and kills u.

52 minutes ago, ZcudFury said:

Whats up with self damage on weapons ?

Do we players look like people who wants to damage ourselves when we play a game ? Or is it because DE don't want us to use it ? What gives ?

Before this it was PHANTASMA, and barely anyone uses that because of self damage. 

Please don't fix stuff that don't need any fixing. Please revert Staticor as how it was b4 this change or at least put charged shot onto Middle Mouse Button or something so that i wont keep killing myself. 

I think i should just uninstall this game and find something else to play. Coz u just cant use something u like in this game because it just gets Nerfed to the ground and kills u.

The self-damage has been removed from staticor... if u read update 24.2.4

2 minutes ago, mikazuki0405 said:

The self-damage has been removed from staticor... if u read update 24.2.4

oh good. thanks for the heads up. i stopped playing when i saw the self dmg in the udpate log. Was not gonna waste anymore time in a game where the time u invest on something gets wasted. Now maybe i'll continue playing 😉

Hello. 😊

Can you add an easy mode for the battle with the giant spider? Cause I didn't find it very rewarding. It's so confusing and very difficult to play. I can't understand what I am supposed to do with the Archguns. I've completed it two times with a team but I'm disappointed cause I actually have no idea of what was going on and couldn't enjoy the game in that messy carnage. The mighty spider is now dead but how? Bwoah. S#&$ happens. 😕

On 2018-12-19 at 12:59 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Imperator Vandal Changes:

• Mastery Rank from 0 to 5.
  • Damage increased from 40 to 50.
  • Critical Chance increased from 10% to 28%.
  • Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.4x.
  • Status Chance increased from 5% to 12%.
  • Ammo Capacity set at 600.
  • Reload speed set at 2 seconds.
  • Changed Fire Rate from 16.67 base ramping up from 13.33 to 25 Fire Rate over 30 rounds to: 25 base rate ramping up from 13.33 over 30 rounds. Functionally exactly the same as before just the max Fire Rate is now shown in the Arsenal.

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Steve It is good to see Imperator Vandal has a great buff in atmosphere mod but why now the Critical Chance and Status Chance of Imperator Vandal in Archwing mod is identical to the normal version while before that it was 15% and 10%? The wiki still keep this data:
455AD453789FDA5C876A986F7E79C1D2C512138A

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Imperator_Vandal
Is this a bug or it is intended? If it is intended I feel so upset because my favorite weapon in archwing mode now get nerfted...

So I have to grind to top Vox standing, before I can fight an orb, before I can finally use the heavy weapons I've been longing for for years? I decided to casually run the Index a couple times just a bit ago, simply because I coincidentally found a credit booster in a mission during the double credit weekend, and I'm already super done with that crap. Got one-shot by an invisible mine and ragdolled into the sunset, hunted down the enemy that grabbed my coins just before he deposited them but as usual wasn't allowed to pick them up for several seconds, and watched in confusion as instead of finally being able to pick up the pile of coins I've been standing on the cloud of them just gets up and flies into the goal, presumably grabbed out from under my feet by an invisible enemy, ending the last match I had time for in a loss. I don't think my sanity can stand that kind of bull credit grind, which is evidently now mandatory for story progression.

On 2018-12-18 at 5:59 AM, [DE]Megan said:

We’ve also increased the amount of vertical movement seen when manipulating the control stick to reduce the amount of asymmetry between it and horizontal movement. There is still a bias towards the horizontal plane, but moving the camera up/down should not feel so drastically different when now compared to left/right movement. 

This is going to be Controversial when it hits Consoles.

Changing everyone's control sensitivity simultaneously is bound to bother more than a few people.

'Im sure it went under the rader for the time being, since the update is PC-only for now.

Seriously just make Horizontal vs Vertical sensitivity into Separate Option sliders.

Hi, im on PC, I currently just checked to see if I could install the Firestorm Mod on my Synoid simulor, and there is none showing up as an option to equip it too. I then went into the Mod bench to find how many Firestorm Mod i have and I have a total of 6. Is the Mod only exclusive to the normal Simulor? I did check with Terminal velocity and it does show up. Only Firestorm does not show up. 

On 2018-12-23 at 12:14 AM, ADHDoug said:

So I have to grind to top Vox standing, before I can fight an orb, before I can finally use the heavy weapons I've been longing for for years? I decided to casually run the Index a couple times just a bit ago, simply because I coincidentally found a credit booster in a mission during the double credit weekend, and I'm already super done with that crap. Got one-shot by an invisible mine and ragdolled into the sunset, hunted down the enemy that grabbed my coins just before he deposited them but as usual wasn't allowed to pick them up for several seconds, and watched in confusion as instead of finally being able to pick up the pile of coins I've been standing on the cloud of them just gets up and flies into the goal, presumably grabbed out from under my feet by an invisible enemy, ending the last match I had time for in a loss. I don't think my sanity can stand that kind of bull credit grind, which is evidently now mandatory for story progression.

O__________________o;

Index is hella easy buddy. Take a tank or self healer, a high damage shotgun, and I don't usually say this but you REALLY REALLY need to lower your graphic settings because your computer is clearly unable to run the index at the settings you've got; you just decribed some serious voodoo sht. My i7 and 32 gb gaming ram  don't even understand what you're talking about, but I remember a time in the distant past wherein I didn't yet have a mod-making computer, and your are describing broken-level lag that's probably more to do with your hardware than internet connection. The index points should pick up immediately and never move independently. I solo the index 100% of the time. I run Saryn with armor, vitality, regenerative molt and a vaykor hek plus a good fast melee, and it usually takes me 4 to five minutes for level 1 and 9 to 10 minutes for level two, making the lowest level the most economical. Screw the top level. Good luck buddy.

As far as everone else on here goes... It really isn't that hard to get to max rank in a faction, I like having some things you have to work for myself so I am perturbed by how many people are complaining about the Old Mate requirement for Vox... Ahh. Don't get me wrong, I am 30 with a house and hellish job, I don't have much time for games and have to squeeze fun in, but only short term things upset me like dweebs that run in and ruin spies in pub(so I have a spy build and do them on private)... I don't see a problem with some things taking time. That is part of earning things. That is how it sets off your dopamine as if you did something difficult... Not just by wanting it then poof, having it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived