Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: The Profit-Taker - Update 24.2

[DE]Megan

Comparable to the Archwing and K-Drive Launchers, a respective Gear item known as the Archweapon Deployer is required to activate your Atmosphere Arch-Gun.

10 minute cool-down when picked up

Wow... Just wow.

Ever since I got my first archgun as a new player, I've wanted to be able to use them in normal missions. I've always wished for that someday. Then I saw a while ago that you were showing it off on a dev stream - being able to equip archguns in regular missions, at the cost of losing the secondary weapon. Suddenly I was so excited and hyped. I've been looking forward to the update every since.

And now... this is what we get...? A gear item (that has to be researched, and that then takes up yet another hotkey slot), limited ammo, and a 10 minute cooldown!? And no dev workshop on it or anything to get feedback in advance. Just dropped in like this out of nowhere with no discussion.

What on Earth was wrong with just losing the secondary weapon for it? Why does it have to be on a cooldown? And such a long cooldown at that.

I was looking forward to this more than anything else. I just feel so let down and utterly disappointed now. I don't even want to log in anymore to try out this update. What a disappointing Christmas update.

Il y a 3 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Comparable to the Archwing and K-Drive Launchers, a respective Gear item known as the Archweapon Deployer is required to activate your Atmosphere Arch-Gun. The Archweapon Deployer can be obtained by completing the Orb Heist Phase 3 Bounty. 

I completed phase 3 ( several times ) , and did not receive the archweapon deployer. (i did get the gravimag)

so what happens now ?

edit : welp; i did receive it after a quitting the game and coming back

2 hours ago, Kuvakei said:

Why is the Baruuk Mandala only available if you buy the entire Baruuk Collection?

This. First the Bloodshed sigil and now this. I'm all for supporting DE buy buying plat, boosters and cosmetic bundles but forcing us to buy frames and weapons for one decoration is not cool. Will this be available as a future reward just like the Bloodshed sigil or not?

I find it surprising that this particular update makes DE looks so tone deaf and the positive comments to negative ratio are way off on this one.  It also feels SEVERELY rushed.  There are more bugs in this than I could easily count in only the first 30 minutes I spent in the new Fortuna.  Not to mention that they didn't give us enough time to even reach "Old Mate" rank nor did they properly explain anything about what they were going to be introducing.  Once again, are they going to rely on the Wiki to do their job for them???  This is absurd.

The Arcane Arachne change is a sad and a happy thing at the same time (it is much weaker, but usable in a broader sense), but is it intended that it adds only 100% base damage to your total damage? For a 14k crit, +3k damage isn't useful enough to make me use the arcane.

Just now, Mariquinto said:

Old Mate?

Yeah, didn't want to play that content anyways...

Just. Not. Happening.

Agreed, i lost interest when i saw that, it'll take me at least a week to be able to farm the damn rep to get from Doer to Old Mate.  Rep gating is serious bs.

This Profit Taker battle is just awful. I had absolutely no fun at all and quit half way through.

Who the hell had the bright idea to force arch-guns down our throats? Most of us don't even care about them to have all the mods. Then, comes a combination of disastrous choices
1 - Invulnerability phases. Really? The lamiest, most lazy design choice ever, the thing people hate the most, back in full force. We need to mod archwings for all sorts of elemetal damages, cuz reasons
2 - 10 minutes cooldown. Good luck dealing with all the enemies, raknoids and jackals with your arch-gun. 
3 - You die from everything. Enemies flying everywhere, jumping on your head, magnetic procs, stuns, knockdowns. It is so much bs going on that Quick Thinking doesn't even work and you get one-shot all the time. Great.
4 - And again, just like with Eidolons, abilties are worthless, so you are down to a few frames capable of buffing weapon damage and survive. Geez

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Time to get revenge on all the spiders that have crawled up your leg! 

Why? I prefer having them inside my terrariums and breed them

Could have written more about this massive update but its just so much you added there its like christmas already because of it i just write something short and fitting about this DE Team:

WOW! Congrats on that job well done!

The ob fight is i feel, pretty well done.However, some decisions in regards to the arch-gun, the main thing used to fight the orb, completely ruins the fight to the point where it's practically not worth doing until they're changed.

For one, as everyone else has probably already mentioned, the 10 minute cooldown. Why? Just... why? i know some enemies drop a unique pickup that refreshes it, but the drop is too infrequent and that combined with the fact that the ammo is incredibly limited ruins the flow of the fight. But seriously, could no other idea for restrictions to it not be thought up? you could drop the ammo capacity a little bit with the infrequent heavy ammo drop and things would be fine. 

And another thing that completely spoils the fight is the stupidly long equipping animation for the arch-gun that completely cancels movement. This is a horrible thing to have. A long equipping animation is fine, but one that completely prevents movement to this extent is absurd especially in a high intensity fight like this where there's rockets, lasers and other nonsense flying at you.

Just make some changes to these and these orb fights would be something amazing. As it is now, far too many things holding it back and degrading the experience of a great figfht.

Archived