Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black Squares on screen at Vallis

reaper770

After todays update i'm getting black squares on my screen time to time. it happened to me while i'm doing a bounty on vallis-fortuna i asked in chat and one of my party members had the exact same issue. can you please look into this bug? i never experienced this problem until this update and its extremely annoying

hi, after today's patch i tested a little bit in orb vallis and it seems the issue is fixed.ofc i'm talking about myself idk what is the situation of others in this thread. if it happens again i'll write here. regardless ty for the fast patch DE ❤️

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still having this issue, but I thought I was alone with it since I got it pretty much the exact same time I got my new Monitor around mid November.

If it helps, here are the relevant specs for this case:
GPU: GTX 1080Ti, always updated to the latest driver
Display: HP Omen 27", constantly running at 144Hz with G-Sync
Settings: All "maxed out", no adaptive resolution, no film grain

It might be that the falling snow causes this issue, but that's just a wild guess.

No other game I own has ever caused a similar issue, so this should really be a Warframe thing.
Even if this thread is not the newest, I'd be happy if this could be fixed.

On 2019-02-03 at 7:25 AM, DerLord said:

I'm still having this issue, but I thought I was alone with it since I got it pretty much the exact same time I got my new Monitor around mid November.

If it helps, here are the relevant specs for this case:
GPU: GTX 1080Ti, always updated to the latest driver
Display: HP Omen 27", constantly running at 144Hz with G-Sync
Settings: All "maxed out", no adaptive resolution, no film grain

It might be that the falling snow causes this issue, but that's just a wild guess.

No other game I own has ever caused a similar issue, so this should really be a Warframe thing.
Even if this thread is not the newest, I'd be happy if this could be fixed.

Is this still occurring for you? If it is, then can you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing? Thanks!

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Linkski:

Is this still occurring for you? If it is, then can you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing? Thanks!

Well, it did 2 days ago. But I can't provoke it today as it seems. This might have something to do with the latest NVIDIA Hotfix.
I need to take a longer at this as the weather and daytimes change and I can't take a good look at this today. 

The problem is that this only happened within one or two frames, so taking a screenshot of this might not be possible.

Edited by DerLord

I'm getting this bug at the entrance to Plains here (most often when external gate is open, but it happens with a closed gate as well):

https://imgur.com/Vxx95UM

At odd intervals marked area ends up covered in blocky black panel like some parts of the frame didn't render at all. It lasts for 1-2 frames and then disappears to reappear in a second or two.

Easy way to reproduce similar bug would be to take Synoid Simulor (white energy color) + Mirage, use Mirage's 1 and then shoot a whole clip right in front of Mirage. The most britghtest parts of the resulting globe of bright light would end up undenrered (black squares). Here is an example of Simulor at work: https://imgur.com/Q59dBan

Windows 10, GTX 980M, tested with driver 417.71 & 418.81.

Edited by lainverse

I've described this problem in another thread some time ago. In the nutshell - this bug appears when i use my companions invisibility and only at Plains or Orbs.
P.S. this bug still happens.

Edited by SIeuth

This is an old bug that was supposedly fixed in August, but has reappeared (along with the "Corrupted enemies spawn inside walls on Void defence missions making said missions impossible to complete" bug).

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm also experiencing this issue - on the Plains, with Rhino Prime. I think casting Iron Skin causes it.