Why doesn't Cetus drop the prime vault relics on Nintendo Switch?

(NSW)FauxVeritas

Question

So pretty simple question from the title, a specific example is that the tier 5 relics are C3, O4 & K4 instead of S4 & A5. I assume those are the relics that dropped on Cetus before the prime vault but I'm returning on a new platform after 3 years so i don't know. We have the prime vault access on switch and the relics can drop elsewhere so why not on Cetus? What I really want to know is if we'll be given a chance to farm them before they're vaulted again. Since i think we all hope that the next switch update will put us on par with PS4 and Xbox One, I'm not sure we'll get that chance. The other thing that's confused the hell out of me is I wasn't able to find this addressed anywhere. The wiki has no note that the drops are different on switch and resources like tenno.tools are just wrong. Any answers on this would be appreciated or just some attention so nobody else gets confused trying to farm nova like i did.

1 answer to this question

I think it is because Switch is running an old build of the game (if I've understood things correctly, I don't play on Switch myself). So the relic drops aren't the same as on other platforms. And unfortuantely I think it will stay that way until Swtich catches up to the others so getting Primes right now might be bigger pita than normally. It would be nice if DE released a separate droptable for Switch users until all platforms are updated to share the same drops.