Jump to content

Parcel Thieves Beware!


FlusteredFerret
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, DarthKadra said:

Six months designing this elaborate device to spray the thief with glitter. When it would have been so much easier and quicker to just catch the thief and kick seven shades of S#&$e out of him. 

Mmm...except you don't imagine science boffins kicking the crap out of anyone. They prefer to get their revenge at a distance.

Plus you can't stay home all day and watch for people trying to nick your stuff.

 

PLUS making a mess all over people (and their cars, furniture etc.) and stinking up the place is just more sophisticated than brute force IMO. 

Edited by FlusteredFerret
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Mmm...except you don't imagine science boffins kicking the crap out of anyone. They prefer to get their revenge at a distance.

Plus you can't stay home all day and watch for people trying to nick your stuff.

 

PLUS making a mess all over people (and their cars, furniture etc.) and stinking up the place is just more sophisticated than brute force IMO. 

The content needs to be family friendly as well, because Youtube.

Otherwise I'm fully on board with the physical violence option, and/or replacing the fart spray with pepper spray.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

The content needs to be family friendly as well, because Youtube.

Otherwise I'm fully on board with the physical violence option, and/or replacing the fart spray with pepper spray.

Or replacing the glitter with liquefied dog poop... :devil:

Edited by FlusteredFerret
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Plus you can't stay home all day and watch for people trying to nick your stuff

Dude, he spent six months building his silly device. He could have caught a dozen thieves in that period if he wanted to just by sitting in the bushes on a few mornings with a bait box on the porch. Or if he wanted to go the tech way he could have designed and assembled something much more effective in a couple of days from things that already exist. Instead he created some over-sophisticated and expensive BS device the effectiveness of which tends to zero and he spent half a year on it. But he made a youtube video about his genius device.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DarthKadra said:

Dude, he spent six months building his silly device. He could have caught a dozen thieves in that period if he wanted to just by sitting in the bushes on a few mornings with a bait box on the porch. Or if he wanted to go the tech way he could have designed and assembled something much more effective in a couple of days from things that already exist. Instead he created some over-sophisticated and expensive BS device the effectiveness of which tends to zero and he spent half a year on it. But he made a youtube video about his genius device.

A YouTube video that has over 11 million views in the first 48 hours of it's release. And has grown his subscriber count with about half a million. Pretty sure that was time and money well spent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, rune_me said:

A YouTube video that has over 11 million views in the first 48 hours of it's release. And has grown his subscriber count with about half a million. Pretty sure that was time and money well spent.

Yep. My point exactly, he was never trying to punish or catch any thieves. I very much doubt they existed in the first place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...