Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone figured out Stovers?

NPC says it takes multiple shots, okay, so it's like kubrodons I thought but nope. 1 shot to the head two shots to the body and it still ran away a mile and dug itself a hole. So how many shots does this thing take?

cheers for the response, I did three tap it (which is kind of ridiculous) but it still escaped, maybe the third landed when the escape animation was playing

I guess you have to wait for it to come way closer so when it runs you have a better chance of tapping the third dart, it'll be a bigger pain in the a** than bolarola 😐

I wonder if Ivara would do it easier with sleep arrow or something

Edited by Guest

It's really weird though I can't imagine what the thinking process was to introduce a three tap animal, they reduced the reload time for tranq rifle because you had to shoot the kubrodon twice and reload took way too long. Now they introduce a new type of animal which you have to hit three times and once again reload time is too long most of the time. So cheese it with warframes or bust. The groundhog one is really stupid as well, it never fully comes out of the ground, sometimes it's head pops out inside rock texture and when you shoot it's noggin it just teleports to ground level. So why not give people a hammer to play whack-a-mole? I haven't even seen the bird yet, I wonder how that works.

• 2 weeks later...

I play on Loki and use tranq rifle. For all stovers it took me 3 shoots . After second they start running away, third puts them down. Granted it might feel sometimes like they need more because tranq rifle tends to miss quite a bit while they run even if it feels like it did hit.  Also i usually rush towards them as close as i can before they start to dig because half of the time the last shot just wasn't counting.

Edited by Unicornu

On 2018-12-19 at 11:38 AM, Yrkul said:

Sounds like you need a bigger tranq rifle.

400?cb=20110918172519&path-prefix=fr

Well, in addition to the tranq sniper we have, Biz does have a tranq pistol and a tranq SMG on his desk. I wonder when we're getting those...

JBPEWya.jpg

The pistol I'd probably pass on, but being able to spray animals with tranq darts in full auto sure would be nice.

Edited by SordidDreams