Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stover Scat Missing 95%

Zeoran

I've tried all 3 of the new species but the one that's near impossible is the Stover.  I go to the marker as usual and they're always near caves since the animal is a cave-dweller. But out of 10 tries, only ONCE did the scat actually appear and allow me to follow the tracks. All the other times, it's simply not there. I've tried wandering around hitting 'x' just in case the visual is buried somehow, still nothing. 

I've been able to find the start points relatively easily once I get inside the caves (maybe I'm just lucky) but there's at least one cave (the one just NW of the Orokin Dig Site) where the marker is off the map and I can't seem to find it. I don't know if it's a bug or just a hidden area I haven't found yet, but eventually I "consume" the other stover points and am left with just that one.

Spoiler

292CAD6FB6414C3C9C047181F2F7353948849FE0

After more playing around, I've figured out that the initial marker is usually just where the opening to the cave is and you have to go in the cave and then look on the minimap again for ANOTHER marker. This has worked most of the time now but it still has problems, especially with caves that have a lot of veritical drops/cliffs to them. They need to re-think how this system works for the Stover.

On 2018-12-19 at 7:54 AM, IcicleFerret said:

I've been able to find the start points relatively easily once I get inside the caves (maybe I'm just lucky) but there's at least one cave (the one just NW of the Orokin Dig Site) where the marker is off the map and I can't seem to find it. I don't know if it's a bug or just a hidden area I haven't found yet, but eventually I "consume" the other stover points and am left with just that one.

Hide contents

292CAD6FB6414C3C9C047181F2F7353948849FE0

this one puzzled me for quite some time too. then I decided to check above the cave and miraculously it was there. Just a bit off to the side of the road rail and then you just enter the cave directly cuz the tracks wind around a bit before going in.

On 2018-12-23 at 2:28 PM, EDM774 said:

this one puzzled me for quite some time too. then I decided to check above the cave and miraculously it was there. Just a bit off to the side of the road rail and then you just enter the cave directly cuz the tracks wind around a bit before going in.

I've checked all around the entrance, but maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place. I'll try using a synthesis scanner next time, see if it highlights it.

On 2018-12-20 at 4:07 AM, Zeoran said:

After more playing around, I've figured out that the initial marker is usually just where the opening to the cave is and you have to go in the cave and then look on the minimap again for ANOTHER marker. This has worked most of the time now but it still has problems, especially with caves that have a lot of veritical drops/cliffs to them. They need to re-think how this system works for the Stover.

Aside from the one that's aboveground north of Spaceport, most of the others can be easily found by entering the cave and equipping the Stover lure. The start point shows up on the minimap. 

The one exception is this cave that I can't remember the location of. The scat is located at the bottom of 2 short drops and doesn't show up on the minimap

I was having REAL issues with stover scat too , I was having problems thinking it often was just 'not there' even though I was checking everywhere around where the marker was shown on the map.

Then I went inside the cave, turned out a lot of the time , the marker on the outside of the cave I was looking for was just a 'look inside the cave' marker and there was a second marker inside where the scat actually was.

Edited by wullail

I glad I came here before reporting this 'bug.' So I think the main reason why the scat is in the caves rather than outside them is because DE wants us to explore the caves. Yeah, I'll admit, I was pretty confused to why the scat wasn't outside the cave. I didn't even think about checking the mini map to see if the marker was actually in the cave.

Yeah, the markers usually mean that is where the scat is located. Which is why I was confused on it. But it makes sense that the Stover's scat would be inside the cave.

• 3 weeks later...