sorcer3r

Gyromag Systems, Atmo Systems, Repeller Systems - farming

13 hours ago, Neith7 said:

Gryomag systems are required to rank up to Agent ("common" reward that you get a chance to get once per bounty)

Atmo systems are require to rank up to Hand ("uncommon" reward that you get a chance to get once per bounty)

Repeller systems are probably required to rank up to Instrument ("rare" reward that you get a chance to get once per bounty)

Lord only knows what insane thing you have to grind to get to Shadow (If it's the new toroids I'll laugh my ass off because it's the "easiest" to farm)

I should also mention that everything new that you can get from Vox Solaris needs these to craft them.

Yeah, I'm giving up on Fortuna until DE fixes this stupid, unrewarding grind.

Spoiler

C0LFB3T.jpg

Confirmed, currently you need 5 Repeller Systems. So currently (as drops have not been fixed yet) you need to get a 1.01% drop twice to rank up you need .

Edit: New drop chances are much better.

Edited by ReinAxefury
Hotfix making things better

Just got done with Gyromag, took about 30-40 missions... So now I need 10 Atmo. Guess How many I recieved so far? Thats right, 0.

i don't mind farming/grinding but this is so far from fun (you know, the whole point of a game). Half the time people are just waiting at the gate for someone to complete the objective, and I don't even blame them.

And yes I've grinded all other frames, including Khora, without complaining. Merry Xmas...

Edited by andy8610
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ReinAxefury said:
  Reveal hidden contents

C0LFB3T.jpg

Confirmed, currently you need 5 Repeller Systems. So currently (as drops have not been fixed yet) you need to get a 1.01% drop twice to rank up.

So it's even worse than making Augur Secrets a requirement for the last rank. Who thought this was a good idea?

• Upvote 1

Increased the reward chance of Gyromag, Atmo and Repeller Systems from Profit-Taker Bounties.

Well, just done 10 missions and nothing, feels same a before. But now we get 5 intead of 3 Systems yay! Shame that the actual DROP CHANCE is still abysmall like earlier it seems. Anyone has specific numbers for this? Hows your farming after the hotfix?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ReinAxefury:

So currently (as drops have not been fixed yet) you need to get a 1.01% drop twice to rank up.

1.01% ... 227 runs back to back to have a 90% chance for dropping at least once. Hilarious.

https://dropchance.guru/?percent=1.01

After the fix 7.50% ... 30 runs back to back for a 90% chance. Much better

https://dropchance.guru/?percent=7.50

Edited by k05h
New fix added to calculation
  • Like 1

Done some runs after the fix and it's much better. The whole ordeal is still quite mindnumbing/repetitive and I see alot of people getting demoralized over it, which is a shame.

Still, a big thanks to DE and the devs for a fix before the holidays, really appreciated! 

• Like 1

60+ runs of that terrible bounty to get the 15 Gyromags for next rank, not even 1 drop of the other 2 Systems.... am i cursed or something? With this dropchance maybe ill hit next rank after a week of farming this mission for the Atmo Systems....

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, ARKANOiiDe said:

60+ runs of that terrible bounty to get the 15 Gyromags for next rank, not even 1 drop of the other 2 Systems.... am i cursed or something? With this dropchance maybe ill hit next rank after a week of farming this mission for the Atmo Systems....

Is that after the hotfix? If so ouch, you have my deepest sympathies, I've had all 3 systems drop in 20 odd phase 2 runs since the hotfix, I'm not gloating or rubbing it in your face, if anything I'm trying to instil some hope, they do exist, they are out there. ☺️

well i think i will spending my Christmas playing monster hunter worlds, see you on January after hotfix 

• Upvote 1

I still have yet to see the Atmo and Repeller drops. It would be nice if these would be added to a source outside the bounties as well. Like give them a chance to drop from the lesser orbs that spawn and the Jackals. Could even do it Gyromag from the weaker of the 2 orbs that spawn with high alert levels, the Atmo from the Jackals, and the Repellers from the disco laser orb.

• Upvote 2

This is still ridiculous after the "buff" to drop chance for the new resources. The fact that there's a relic in the Rare rewards is just rubbing salt into the wound. I've maxed my daily rep twice over on t2 bounties. I've gotten 40 Gyromag, 4 Atmo (that's ONE drop) and no Repellors. You need 15 Gyro, 10 Atmo, and 5 Repellor in addition to the Toroids, which are also a miserable farm, just to rank up to the point where you can start trying out new amp builds. You'll need 3 instances of Atmo drops to hit that 15. You'll need two for the Repellor. I'm MR24, counting by Fortuna standing alone, that means over 50 runs, and I'm not even close.

And that 15/10/5 isn't even counting the three new weapons, the Gravimag research, or the cost to build the amp parts themselves.

Toroid's need to drop from more sources, at a rate greater than one per 150 enemies you kill. The new resources need to drop from more sources, and while the quantity may have been improved per drop, the chance certainly seems to be exactly what it was.  DE is most likely going to have the other two Toroids as rewards for the other two Orb Mothers, but by the time they actually drop, I will have ZERO desire to even bother with them. I already wish we could spawn Little Duck into the simulacrum so I can torch her with an Ignis.

In trying to slow down vet's with arbitrary time gates, and purposely staggering gain/ cost ratio's with farms like this, you only make us want to get it over with sooner, and never bother going back. Exactly like Cetus. And then new player's are met with a brick wall when they get there as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Think DE noticed players already have enough Toroids to fully rank their rep. Only thing that makes sense to me. The bounties are 3 steps backwards.

Not only are the rewards bad, it's back 1 reward per bounty and no more Bonus objectives.

Honestly I don't even know why I'm grinding for them. Baruuk is the only thing worth taking out of this rep. I guess I have to do clan research to use Arch-guns in normal missions but they're not all that powerful for a limit break type mechanic and the new weapons. Cuz sure.

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Think DE noticed players already have enough Toroids to fully rank their rep. Only thing that makes sense to me. The bounties are 3 steps backwards.

Not only are the rewards bad, it's back 1 reward per bounty and no more Bonus objectives.

Honestly I don't even know why I'm grinding for them. Baruuk is the only thing worth taking out of this rep. I guess I have to do clan research to use Arch-guns in normal missions but they're not all that powerful for a limit break type mechanic and the new weapons. Cuz sure.

Don't grind for them. Just don't bother in the first place. Forget that this stuff even exists - it's a lot less stressful for you.

It's what I'm doing.

• Upvote 1

If you think about it, Phase 1,2 and 3 is just one big 5 stages bounty where stages 1 and 2 doesn't give any reward, you can return to fortuna between stages 3 and 4, and have to return between stages 4 and 5. Every stages is doable under 5 minutes.

9 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Don't grind for them. Just don't bother in the first place. Forget that this stuff even exists - it's a lot less stressful for you.

It's what I'm doing.

I mean you just about can outside the Arch-guns which might add a nice layer onto normal play. I did a DPS calc on Imperator Vandal at 80k Burst DPS using the 100% max ammo mod. I'm pretty much in a Solo Guild so I have to do that research on my own.

The Corpus Shotgun looks interesting as well but yea there doesn't seem to be much to take home in Fortuna. Least PoE had Arcane Elevate sets and later Arcanes which I didn't need so still haven't actually fought the other two Eidolons.

I'm not convinced the new drop tables are accurate. Spamming phase 2 (least buggy for me) has given me 8 Gyro, 6 Lith relics, 1 resolute focus (common), 1 Atmo, and that's it. Quite far from the expected results. 
Since I want Baruuk and the new amp parts I guess I'll have to keep going.

Edited by ViciousTeletuby
Additional information from following attempt.

Timegating the farm for standing is understandable, so that players dont rush through the content in two days, but putting the rare resources behind RNG is just an insult to veterans, 

I can't be sure, if I get the resources to rank up at all, or if I will just get the same relics/mods over and over again.

The standing for the Ostrons in Cetus only required farmable recources (timegated with the daily rep-cap).

This system is more than one step back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I just Lol at Heist.

I refuse to do it in current form. There will be a change eventually, like it was for PoE.

I have done it once, killed boss 3 times and now I feel like not doing it again.

Warframe has plenty of other content to do.

Edited by Eljureo

Man, getting these resources are proving to be an awful experience. 

1 - You need to go to the back room and talk to Eudico. Wait

2 - Select bounty. Wait

3 - Cutscene. Get out of the room

4 - Enter Orb Vallis, do the mission

5 - Return and get a relic or toroid

6 - Enter Fortuna for more moving around, more waiting, more cutscenes, more loading time and no rewards.

Then, in the near future, after we rank up with Solaris or whatever, build Baruuk and stuff, you will want to kill yourself when you finally get these resources because DE will completely forget about them, add new resources for more moving around, waiting, cutscenes and loading time. It is so unbearably unfun that it makes me question the reason I play the game. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The drop chances for rare are a mistake. I say that as someone who loves all the Fortuna content thus far and has enjoyed Warframe for years. There has to be a coding error with how frequently these Repellers drop. I've maxed my standing, 26k, in two days ONLY doing Orb bounties and have gotten ONE rare reward (Arch Ace... Oh, boy that mod...).

Repellers are needed to advance to the last rank with SU, and right now I need them for my clantech so we can strap other Archwing guns to ourselves in the atmosphere. Not. One. In two days of running over 26 missions. And there is no other way to get them, make them, or trade for them.

This has to be an error and it needs to be fixed. I am bloody done with running the Orb missions for a long time now, I feel like I can not win the one thing I need from them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I've just finished farming the first batch of 5 repeller systems for levelling up vox solaris, now I need to do another 5...I haven't wasted any on the exergis, I've lost track of how many of the missions I've done and I've literally had 6 drop from when fortuna 2.0 was released, and this is after the 'improved drop rates'. 

All the improved drop rates seem to have done is increased how often the gyromags turn up at the expense of the other items we want.  Atmos isn't exactly great either but it's better than the repeller systems for me.

The fact that you can only get these items via a monotonous and repetitive mission, albeit quick in the case of t2, makes the grind inherently tedious and annoying when you need the amounts you do, especially repeller systems which have their ludicrously low drop chance. 

Most of my clan actually wonder if DE plays the game when this sort of 'grind' is added because it's pretty clear to anyone who plays the game that the drop rates are completely wrong for these items, it's actually progression stopping for many of us.

Toroids aren't exactly great either imo but that's another thread. 

Edited by LSG501