I want to transfer my account

(XBOX)FX Gigaton

5 minutes ago, (XB1)FX Gigaton said:

They already do it the other way to consoles so why cant they just do it in reverse its not that hard...

because they 

a) dont want for some reason

b) dont have the ressrouces

personally I believe its a combination of both

26 minutes ago, (XB1)FX Gigaton said:

They already do it the other way to consoles so why cant they just do it in reverse its not that hard...

Until agreements with the platform makers get in the way....

Sure DE could do it...but the platform makers wouldn't be happy with it.  After all the consoles are losing a (potentially) paying customer in a F2P game (after all Sony/Microsoft get a cut of every sale through their shop), why would they allow you to easily move your progress off of their platform?

Sure they let people do a one time transfer into the consoles because it gave the game a starting player base and got them customers but there simply isn't a reason to allow DE to do it in the other direction.

Basically DE would have to get Microsoft to give them permissions to be able to do this due to the agreements that they have in place.  And the chances of this happening are slim to none.

Edited by Tsukinoki

4 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Until agreements with the platform makers get in the way....

Sure DE could do it...but the platform makers wouldn't be happy with it.  After all the consoles are losing a (potentially) paying customer in a F2P game (after all Sony/Microsoft get a cut of every sale through their shop), why would they allow you to easily move your progress off of their platform?

Sure they let people do a one time transfer into the consoles because it gave the game a starting player base and got them customers but there simply isn't a reason to allow DE to do it in the other direction.

Basically DE would have to get Microsoft to give them permissions to be able to do this due to the agreements that they have in place.  And the chances of this happening are slim to none.

They arent losing a customer if the customer doesnt intend to go back to the game unless the switch they want is made at that point its just an unused account

6 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

thats wrong

If they cant do that why dont they just make a duplicate of your account on PC if you want then... And to keep people from making duplicate accounts and sending them back to another console when they have these swaps they could make it to where that account cannot opt in to do the swap. Or even better make it to where your account progress is shared through PC and consoles

Edited by (XB1)FX Gigaton

2 minutes ago, (XB1)FX Gigaton said:

If they cant do that why dont they just make a duplicate of your account on PC if you want then... And to keep people from making duplicate accounts and sending them back to another console when they have these swaps they could make it to where that account cannot opt in to do the swap.

no one knows why they dont do it.

1 minute ago, Kyoresh said:

no one knows why they dont do it.

Yes they do and its been told to this and many other communities over and over, you just wont accept it. 

Sony and Microsoft own your account. Pulling data or pushing data to that account is completely under sony and microsoft's control. They have said, repeadity, they dont want to share. 

Fortnite had a hell of a time with Sony until they finally caved under pressure, however, that is the exception, not the rule.

Why is this so hard to understand?

3 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

Yes they do and its been told to this and many other communities over and over, you just wont accept it. 

Sony and Microsoft own your account. Pulling data or pushing data to that account is completely under sony and microsoft's control. They have said, repeadity, they dont want to share. 

Fortnite had a hell of a time with Sony until they finally caved under pressure, however, that is the exception, not the rule.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Why tf would Microsoft care though? Their software is run on most of the computers in the world so if anything people would be swapping from their Xbox's to their Computers that also run windows.

15 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

cause thats no longer the case....many games like smite and paladins for a few examples implement crossprogression.

at this point its on Des end to make it happen

Based on what? please point me to the article where Sony and Microsoft has said they allow this.

Just now, Kyoresh said:

I will if I find it

Like I said, fornite allows it too but its the exception not the rule. You would have to get permission from sony and microsoft first, once they open it up, then its on DE. Warframe, as far as I know, has never gotten that permission. 

If they do, I would have my pitchfork out as well as I would love to have at least, cross save. 

12 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

Based on what? please point me to the article where Sony and Microsoft has said they allow this.

https://www.hirezstudios.com/crossplay/

Paladins and Smite will get crossplay.

I hope Warframe does too. I hope DE pursues this and that Warframe's players help DE by pressuring Microsoft and Sony into supporting crossplay. 🙂

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan