Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaws in conclave

(PSN)Dubufu

I understand that conclave is a massively unbalanced experience, leaving it dead for the most part.

But lately it's been an absolute trash heap. I don't believe zaws should be allowed. Too much potential, whether it be from making the fastest dagger in the game that can track opponents, or making a zaw that can one shot people with a single air attack, it's simply just too much.

I am personally guilty of using both, and frankly it's disgusting. I am not even a good player, they just dont take much effort to use at all, yet they are highly effective

It's ruining conclave, or whatever is left of it. Zaws are way too powerful for conclave. 

Edited by (PS4)Dubufu
  • Like 4

Review each individual zaw parts based on total damage, is one for starters. Need some data on that i guess..xD. 

Also, set a random generator to determine the most used most use and most unused weapon and set a penalty in PVP if its a ZAW (for your case that is). 

This will further diversify the usage of weapons in pvp also...and frames and etc.

But hey, just a rough idea?

8 hours ago, (PS4)Dubufu said:

I don't see how they could balance weapons that you can alter the stats of. I mean sure, I am all for balancing them but, how? 

Currently PvP uses a blanket nerf to Zaw stats (I don't remember the exact numbers; something like damage is .85 or such the normal damage). The problem is this doesn't really help due to the outliers (such as Hammer/Heavy Blade Zaws built for pure damage). My suggestion would be to add soft caps to damage/attack speed. So after, say, 1.1 attack speed further attack speed is further reduced. Something so that a pure attack speed Zaw will still do attack faster then a balanced or damage Zaw, but not as abusable amounts. Likewise for damage.

Though, part of the problem is that some of the weapon classes Zaws are for are just terrible. Daggers for instance are all terrible PvP weapons due to the incredibly short range, being locked out of the Conclave attack speed mod to use a band aid for their range, and their terrible damage. Zaw Daggers always end up being the best even if they eat a nerf or two simply because all the other Daggers are so bad. It's the same for a few other weapon classes, although Daggers are the ones with the largest disparity.

Just slap the tracking conclave mod for daggers and you have yourself something highly effective weapon. There are multiple instances where people glide backwards away from me and I can still track them while they are in mid air, it's crazy.

Maybe it's the mod that's the problem, but all daggers are fine because of it, at least on console they are

4 hours ago, Cicadeus said:

just remove zaws imo

Melee weapons are all fine without it imo

I think whips need some tweaking. Mios is king right now, as they can spam 1 combo that can both knockdown and have potential to kill in one hit. That, or at least add mods to make other weapons viable. You rarely see staves or claws

1 hour ago, ALazyMushroom said:

agree remove ZAW  from conclave

that's so dumm for just one and u die,somo player just hold block and get close to U and one hit 

I dunno if you are purposely trying to sound completely retarded but...you succeeded, and not because you tried repeating what I just said in the laziest way possible.

Whether or not you were trying to undermine my post in a sarcastic manner, it did not work. Zaws are still seriously powerful in conclave, as explained before.

• Like 1

Zaw daggers build for speed are very strong, but Polearms with max damage + always fast air attack is amazing.

I agree that such super high attack speed and super high damage Zaws should get nerfed.

But we will see KITGUNS soon.... I hope that will not break conclave....

Mios is too strong vs new players who can not yet stay all the time in air, it is way way weaker against skilled players who will simply bounce between walls and Mios user will have hard time landing anything other than one air attack. Because it destroys mostly new players it should be nerfed as well... we need happy new players not destroyed noobs who never try Conclave again. yeah nerf Mios and Zaws pls.

5 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

Mios is too strong vs new players who can not yet stay all the time in air, it is way way weaker against skilled players who will simply bounce between walls and Mios user will have hard time landing anything other than one air attack. Because it destroys mostly new players it should be nerfed as well...

Mios can knock players out of the sky with the slam combo that lashes into the air. It's odd but it happens on occasion.

People in the air are not always safe

I agree to remove / nerf  Zaw

But what about nerf Ignis Wraith too ? No skill weapon, you dont even need to be accurate, you just follow the enemies and burn them all.

Even a noob can get 20 kills with this weapon.

Edited by Keirox

On 2018-12-27 at 1:31 PM, Keirox said:

I agree to remove / nerf  Zaw

But what about nerf Ignis Wraith too ? No skill weapon, you dont even need to be accurate, you just follow the enemies and burn them all.

Even a noob can get 20 kills with this weapon.

Yes ignis is way too strong, 

damage isn't that high but LENS FLARE burns my eyes and i see nothing.... 

2 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

Yes ignis is way too strong, 

damage isn't that high but LENS FLARE burns my eyes and i see nothing.... 

I've been using this method for a while to reduce ignis' blinding effect, and it works well for me.

It actually didn't work the first time I tried it, but i fixed it turning High Dynamic Range on. If it still doesn't work for you try to reboot the game.

• Like 1

@mario410 I will try this today (with HDR on),if this works I love you!!!

God bless good people of internet 🙂

Ignis without it's blinding effect was wayyyyyy easier to fight, but still cancer.

Besides I encountered NEW retarded way of wining in Conclave ... maybe I will post it on new topic, but I might forget so: Night Equinox uses sleep > unload full clip of Zaktti (u get 0 damage because speep makes u immune), > wake up > Zaktti bolta exploade on you and you are dead, rolling might save you if you have enough HP but mostly instant kill XD,

that is nerf material, (at least PC, on consoles melee is way more useful).

• 1 month later...

Right now the heavy blade zaw is what everyone is carrying for conclave. It seems to be glitched as in it has a much wider arc and range for the air attack than the animation actually displays and does upwards of 300 damage. People just grab an iron skin Rhino or Nidus and have a near unkillable one-shot load out.

I'd hope they outright remove zaws from pvp, I just watched a whole lobby of hammer-zaw players team on a MR2 Volt with a skana and take turns teabagging the guy. That's just another player who will never come back to Conclave.

• Like 2