[DE]Megan

Fortuna: Mesa Prime - Hotfix 24.2.2

5 hours ago, Gandergear said:

I was hoping heists would be an upgrade to spy missions, too bad for me I guess 😞

Also the fishing portion of bounty 1 is hopelessly buggy, non-stop softlocks at every portion of it

Ugh just in general the entire heist system feels like a waste of time. The enemies are all knockdown spammers, the boss fight is trivial itself and relies on these mechanics to artificially lengthen it, and the rewards require more grind than anything the quills seemed to ask for on Cetus.

DE why is it that an increase in grind isn't correlating to an increase in fun?

1. Bring the right frame so you don’t get dunked on. 

2. This was never supposed to be just a meatbag to soak bullets again. I legit don’t know what you’re expecting, another sergeant? Don’t blame DE for not living up to your “I can do this without putting any effort in”. 

3. Because you only care about doing nothing while grinding for mats. This is a common symptom of warframe players. They’re too used to absolute laziness, when you hit them with something that requires effort to actually play, they cry wolf. 

Edited by Alteux
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

did profit taker battle twice, both of them with a silly failure..

first, i did it solo.. i got almost every arch-gun mod maxed and still out of ammo most of the time. when im at the stage when i need to kill the spider at given time, i need to wait for my arch-gun cooldown (which is silly and i dont know what's in DE's mind) and i ran out of time because of waiting

second time, i got into PUGs.. the group done great from the start, until the stage when it supposed to spawn 6 pylon (almost at the last stage) and the fight bugged.. profit taker became invulnerable, its turret keep shooting at us, and it wont spawn any pylon and we're stuck there..

DE, please fix those things (especially that silly cooldown)

• Like 2

32 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working. melee is literally unplayable at it's current state. (it's getting really annoying)

sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger whereas before it lowers the shield towards the hand when you start swinging.

Before chimera update

koQE7oR.jpg

now

DzgfwBv.jpg

• atlas's loincloth is buggy when using weapons like heavy blade swords and single handed pistols.

dNke1V0.jpg

Qkd3pWl.jpg

• lex conlave skin's magazine sticks out at the sides.

N0ha0M7.jpg

• War's blade energy not displaying while having mara detron equipped

kfFWofD.jpg

ZVigYoT.jpg

• perla pistol skin is bugged for arca sisco, stubba,euphona prime, and pandero once again.

arca sisco

weQR1tX.jpg

stubba

BIKSuEO.jpg

euphona prime

40bpwuK.jpg

pander

eG4ibse.jpg

• Woah 3

Hello, may  i  ask why mesa prime does less damage than mesa when you apply corrosive to her regulators? My bad they are the same!

Edited by srpo
made a mistake

Can we please put back the list of what mob drops the pigments for the Dojo to the window while selecting a pigment.  It shows up after I select it but not while trying to pick out which one I wan to use.

Also can we move the pause button up into the rest of the UI so it isn't hidden down in the corner like a lost child.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Alteux said:

1. Bring the right frame so you don’t get dunked on. 

2. This was never supposed to be just a meatbag to soak bullets again. I legit don’t know what you’re expecting, another sergeant? Don’t blame DE for not living up to your “I can do this without putting any effort in”. 

3. Because you only care about doing nothing while grinding for mats. This is a common symptom of warframe players. They’re too used to absolute laziness, when you hit them with something that requires effort to actually play, they cry wolf. 

It literally is just another meatbag to soak bullets again, there's no mechanics that make the fight unique besides that you need to cover as many elemental types in your arsenal as possible and bring anti-knockdown gear that still lets you get knocked down all the time but at least lets you recover somewhat hypothetically fast enough not to get stun locked.

I was a raids fan, your 3rd point is entirely projection and doesn't adequately describe anyone you probably try to label this way.

• Like 6

I am afraid the controller analog dead-zone work might have created a bad situation with triggers releasing their hold (stops aiming, full auto firing, etc) while still held down. This is similar to how Space Marine and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I don't think this is intended, but if so could there be a control selection to enable/disable this?

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

When completing a successful animal Conservation using a Warframe ability, it will yield a ‘Good Capture’, as opposed to sometimes yielding a ‘Perfect Capture’. A successful animal Conservation using the tried-and-true Tranq/Echo-Lure technique was always intended to yield a higher gratitude.

Yo what the #*!% is with this change? What gratitude? Who cares if the damn creatures come back unharmed? The tranq gun is S#&$ to use and no range buff is going to fix it.

Edited by EnjaN
#*!% your language filters
  • Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Upvote 1

Ok, so far there are the problems that I registered:

• The Marelock Vaykor animations when used in tandem with a glaive are broken (I think this is extended to the normal Marelok and Euphona Prime).
  • Enemies in Fortuna sometimes spawn/drop on top of the mushrooms (Also, maybe are some other problems with spawn rate or alert level increment speed).
  • The text from the menus looks light gray instead of black, maybe it's a minor issue, but honestly it feel strange. (I don't know why, but my directx11 was deactivated and the issue is related to directx9, sorry for the mistake)
  • The animation for holster a weapon when selecting a tool from the tool wheel is missed.

If I find some other problems they will be added to the list, and if this is not the best place to put this problems I apologize in advance.

Thanks for all!

Edited by AngelSan25
Made a mistake about the origin of the problem
  • Upvote 1

"When completing a successful animal Conservation using a Warframe ability, it will yield a ‘Good Capture’, as opposed to sometimes yielding a ‘Perfect Capture’. A successful animal Conservation using the tried-and-true Tranq/Echo-Lure technique was always intended to yield a higher gratitude." 

I mean really. You want us to waste our time to make your hours on the new content higher? I would hazard to guess some of the frame's being targeted by this are ones that work well doing it, and are pretty hard to grind and not available right out of the gate anyhow. You're punishing creative players using mechanics in the game. I'll just abuse a different warframes abilities that work equally as well then...

• Like 8

Still no fix for:

Please, Please, PLEASE give us a way to skip the dialog at the beginning of the profit-taker bounties. I've had to listen to the phase 1 dialog to completion THREE TIMES because the mission bugged out and I failed before finishing it. This is NOT a good first impression of this update...

• Upvote 3

Just want to ask with signing in and hitting a on a controller it wasn’t working for me I’m just wondering if that’s a bug or something because I thought it wasn’t going to let me in I went out came back in and hit enter and it let me in 

Mixed reactions on this. 

Your nerf to sleep frames for conservation is misguided, it will only increase the time it takes me to Max by 30% at most,

and I could already max within 20 minutes on a bad day where every animal was upwind and captures were only good. 

And since there is no way to get perfect captures for kurodons with tranq  (need to test for other animals) I will not be changing my tactic in the slightest. 

Maybe if the tranq was actually a "tried and tested" tool as you think it is it would have made sense. If you will be making it silent and allowing an upgrade to make the poison stronger I might consider it. 

Also as others have pointed, please allow us to skip the Vox bounty dialogue, it gets really annoying when the mission can be finished in under 2 minutes but dialogue take half the time. 

The fact that it's one reward per bounty and you need to go back to fortuna and load back out each time is adding to the frustration. 

The rewards for the vox bounties seem to be same as earlier chroma access bounties as well needs to be changed. 

The orb mother battle is much much better than the eidolon fights,

But some issues I noticed:

Cannot see the element type vulnerability clearly, needs to be more visible from more directions. 

No indicator of what phase the orb is in (ties up with above issue) , no easy way to check whether to use an element, arch gun or pure damage as the health bar for individual parts cannot be trusted (have seen legs and body appear to be vulnerable but takes no damage) .

The archgun cooldown of 10 minutes- I realize you can eliminate the cooldown by picking some parts but in a ragdoll fight where you get to stay up maybe half the time and which is highly "blink and you miss it" players cannot be expected to go around running looking for stuff that doesn't have any specific indicator.

The amount of enemy spawns is ridiculous, you are only going to force a Meta squad. 

The new toroid drop is not obvious, I have missed it the first time, only when I asked around on why there is no special reward did I realize you need to pick something from the smoldering remains of the orb. Again no indicator is present. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the update! 

This is not making any sense. -3/44 capacity for Grattler;

Edited by ElRomero

hace 8 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

When completing a successful animal Conservation using a Warframe ability, it will yield a ‘Good Capture’, as opposed to sometimes yielding a ‘Perfect Capture’. A successful animal Conservation using the tried-and-true Tranq/Echo-Lure technique was always intended to yield a higher gratitude.

This change makes no sense, at all. With due respect, it is just dumb. To put one animal to sleep with my Equinox I have to get pretty close, risking the animal to discover me and run. It's literally easier to shoot them with the tranq at a distance.
Why am I getting a lower reward for a higher risk tactic?

The logical "change" should be that a sleep ability counts as a dart; perfect catch if the animal never saw it coming, good if you caught it off guard, bad if you scared it before casting the ability. THAT makes some sort of sense.

Besides, a sleep technique doesn't harm the animal in any sort of way. The dart is a needle that pierces its soft tissue, and if we see it from a realistic angle, you can really hurt an animal with a tranq dart if you are not careful.
Considering this, what is the safest way to capture a beast? The magic sleeping dust that do no harm, of course. We shouldn't be punished for using the safest way :/

• Applause 7
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Why.

Just, why.

Getting a perfect conservation on the higher valued animals with a tranq gun is already impossible due to the fact that:
a) The gun takes more than 1 hit to knock them out  and 
b) The capture value won't be "perfect" unless it's put to sleep in one hit

Why restrict standing gain like this? Conservations used to be the best method to obtain standing when taking in to account the time, effort and standing gained. Why restrict the standing gain this much? Is it to prevent players getting the chance to take on the profit taker earlier? To artificially extend the time players need to access the content?
If that's the case then all you've succeeded in doing is putting more players off from trying to get to the new content and burning others out much faster than necessary.

And what is with the vent kids races standing payment/gain? Why pay standing to earn more standing? That's actually no different from just outright reducing the daily standing limit. If the races rewarded something like standing AND maybe a k-drive part or rare resource, and if there was another way to effectively earn standing, perhaps it would be fine but no,  all this does is have standing go to waste.

DE has made some good choices in most updates past, but the choices here i feel are questionable at best, outright stupid at worst. Someone really needs to look over these changes and rework them drastically.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Blackjack010 said:

Your "updated" drop table doesn't contain any of the new parts, just saying.

I've gotten the new Axi and one of the Neo relics for Mesa Prime. I got the Axi in a 20 excavation run on Heliocor, and the Neo in one of about 20 Ukko runs. Haven't tried for the Lith yet.

Please make the cutscene skippable for the Profit-taker Orb quests or just make the cutscenes vanish once you have completed it once. Right now, the cutscenes are so annoying.

Unfortuna becomes more and more meh with each update, gonna farm Cheeks Prime and go to sleep for another 3 months it seems. 😟

4 hours ago, Gandergear said:

It literally is just another meatbag to soak bullets again, there's no mechanics that make the fight unique besides that you need to cover as many elemental types in your arsenal as possible and bring anti-knockdown gear that still lets you get knocked down all the time but at least lets you recover somewhat hypothetically fast enough not to get stun locked.

I was a raids fan, your 3rd point is entirely projection and doesn't adequately describe anyone you probably try to label this way.

I don't see it as anywhere close to projection especially when your last point is why does increased grind does not correlate to increased fun. These aren't mutually exclusive, but I see a good amount of correlation between this comment and people who are trying to do as little as possible for the most amount of rewards. At a certain point in time, you stop making it fun internally, because you've optimized it in a way where you don't even have to engage the game.

It doesn't matter if you were a fan of raids because even raids were put into the light of doing as little as possible for the fastest amount of time, albeit with some extra amount of engagement in teamwork, which is sort of seen on the same level here for the PT fight. If they changed phase 1 to capturing all 4 different sites with 4 people within similar timeframes, and reducing phase 2 timers of killing each scientist so you would have to rely on others to do it, that would be the same amount of engagement from raids back in the day, minus JV, because screw that mess of an AW raid.

Edited by Alteux
typos

..Valkyr's Kara helmet acting weird in its physics or something , can we get that fix pls? thank you :thinking:

Edited by lio_i