Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Mesa Prime - Hotfix 24.2.2

[DE]Megan

4 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

This is a very unwelcome and disappointing change. As others have pointed out, tranq rifle is trash and is impossible to get perfect captures of tougher game.

Standing from captures should rely solely on the alert state of the animals and ensuring captures are unharmed, not some ill-defined, floating scale of "tranq rifle captures are better 'just 'cause'". What does it matter what 'technique' is used as long as the game is captured successfully?

Ivara's Navigator works on the tranq gun. You can effectively sit at 150 meters with prowl and shoot the tranq gun with navigator to get almost guaranteed perfect captures. I don't see what other abilities you would use to actually use on the animal other than Equinox sleep and Ivara's sleep arrow.

That was a disappointment.  I regret earlier blind statements of positive reinforcement based exclusively on the described content.

So, getting this out of the way.

1) Rewards for the relative challenge are stupidly wrong.  I thought this insanity was fixed when you started with the rest of Fortuna, then a level 40-60 mission rewards a single item at the end of a three phase mission.  You can literally earn more simply by doing the lowest level regular bounty.  That's better rewards, more often, and more standing.  More insulting, the orb dropped an uncommon mod after all the shenanigans.  Can we get a lesson from the Eidolons and get rewards actually worth the investment please.  It's souring me on this whole update to go through all of it and find nothing to appreciate.

2) Unskippable cut-scenes every time can go straight to ****.  I've self censored, but the frustration of these for a mission that doesn't reward is...I cannot adequately convey it without a stream of curses.

3) The required grind for new content is insane.  One reward every three phases.  Uncommon rewards for what you need.  Getting at most 3 of the rewards.  A single piece of research costing 10 of these items.  Let's call it a 10% reward chance, every 9 minutes (cut scenes as a part of this).  The grind literally makes none of the new items worth it, because they'd literally have to be game breaking to sit through all of this 

4) Bugs.  It's a real kick in the teeth to be fighting the orb, and have it decide to glitch out mid animation.  Great, I stripped health twice, and then I can't finish the battle because the animations broke and it's invincible.  More swearing was my response.

5) The new content is...sigh.  A new captura scene for full standing.  A couple of new lures to make conservation more grindy, along with pheremones to make even more steps to a frustrating system.  Topping it off was more Moa parts...nearly two months too late to be of value.  The aesthetics are what these seem to be about, as a single polarization is only special prior to the painful grind of gilding the Moa so you can potato it (Moa companion is Moa dead and Moa suicidal).

6) Removing another viable weapon with self damage.  RIP Staticor.  I get decreasing the size of the AOE, but to utterly relegate it to the trash bin by a nerf of everything that made it viable is just sad..  Apparently all of us players using it were abusing an exploit.  I'm using this as a segue to bring up the banning of people for using the Khora bug, because this is a similar instance of a broken mechanic leading to a powerful weapon that you retroactively decided to nerf.  Nobody seems to be eating a permaban for using it... maybe the same nuance can be offered to others here.  It'd match nicely with the heel-turn on professional moderation.  Most importantly, it'd be a win-win for DE showing they can own any hasty decisions and be better for it.

7) Enemy spawns are idiotic, as a function of a broken response to actions.  Go back and play the earlier GTA games.  Ones where you went from 1 to 3 stars by killing three people, and the huge NPC response made it impossible to do anything.  This is what we've got going here.  A first experiment that needs to be fixed.  This is difficult when playing, and frustrating when farming the Toroids.  Now, facing off against the orb on Orb Vallis is an exercise in frustration.  Your new Corpus units are almost all capable of AoE with no cues.  The spawn rate is through the roof.  You literally wind-up with a wall of enemies stun locking you, until the orb takes a cheap shot and removes you from the battle with an attack that cannot be responded to because a dozen new units felt that while you were pulling an arch gun they should take that time of forced pincushioning (it seems to appear out of the ether, and simply immobilize you like an animation is being called that doesn't exist resulting in the perceived freezing) to make you their toy.  There's three easy fixes.  Don't spawn the AoE units like this, fix the wanted level so it can be managed while fighting, or fix the units so they telegraph attacks and stop warping around.  I'll take any solution, preferring the later because the hyena unit clones are interesting to deal with when they literally stop animating in one location and appear in another when fighting on a regular basis.

8) Stability.  I get new content means a flood of people.  If you're going to make the game unplayable during every content update then maybe you should release less, over a greater time.  I'm just tired of being sold something grand (Fortuna 2.0), and getting a buggy mess where whole segments seem to not have been tested for basic issues and balancing (seriously, 2000 standing for an orb with no special drop, the archwing grind, bugging out multiple times after a release, and two hotfixes in hours implies a lack of QC which is beyond acceptable for even a beta).   Please DE, you can do better.

I retract earlier positivity.  Please fix this mess by patching.  Fix it quickly, give us adequate rewards, or you've got another Lunaro here.  Fantatic ideas, killed by poor execution and grand promises which were oversold and under delivered upon.  I don't want to see another Plains, where 4 months were needed to get it past a grind whose only value was the sparse content needed to tide you over until something better was released (or a recurring event was patched in to cover the lack thereof).

This update generates too much stress. The confrontation is incredibly funny, but seriously wait 10 MINUTES to switch between archiarma and any other weapon? It is absurd, and annoying. This is the annoying is the same message of phase 4, again and again, at the moment of being able to jump it and assure its mission.

DE  Here is a fix that would be nice.

The HYSTRIX..............

This gun can't damage the Orb Mother Correctly.

I built it with no elemental bonus mods and used the cycling alt fire to attempt to have it cover multiple elements the Orb could be weak to. Unfortunitly the shots get reduced to "0" damage due to the orb being immune to status damage and the damage counts as status only damage with no physical projectile as I can only assume the damage is only added if the enemy can be proc'd.

If you put elemental mods on the Hystrix those mods or mod combinations count but not the whole guns gimic of being able to use multiple elements. 

Well, I liked the spider-mama fight (i really did, even though i failed miserably 2 times in a row and haven't tried more yet), but man, the amount of enemies in this stun-locking-knocking-down circus is just unimaginable. And bubbles ofc. I still cease to believe in what i've encountered.

Don't get me wrong, I like difficulty - as long as it is fair.

The following issues: I can't place decoration on the wall, it refuses to become vertical just horizontal and goes through the wall, pets can't be revived sometimes during mission and Baruuk's ultimate takes too long to charge up, please look into these.

12 hours ago, BenThePoofle said:

Yeah this makes no sense, no need to nerf the good standing grind

Yeah it sucked. Hope they don't make conservation can only be done with tranq gun. That thing is terrible. Still have ticker to cover standing grind tho. And for the love of the void, DE, DO NOT NERF THINGS ANYMORE, IT IS NO FUN.

5 hours ago, himlyk said:

"When completing a successful animal Conservation using a Warframe ability, it will yield a ‘Good Capture’, as opposed to sometimes yielding a ‘Perfect Capture’. A successful animal Conservation using the tried-and-true Tranq/Echo-Lure technique was always intended to yield a higher gratitude." 

I mean really. You want us to waste our time to make your hours on the new content higher? I would hazard to guess some of the frame's being targeted by this are ones that work well doing it, and are pretty hard to grind and not available right out of the gate anyhow. You're punishing creative players using mechanics in the game. I'll just abuse a different warframes abilities that work equally as well then...

I wonder if slowva 4 can slow them down so we have easier time using the tranq. Tbh, tranq sucked. Well, at least for me, I am only after the floof. 

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

And the list goes on! Check out the official public PC drop tables here.

Profit-Taker is missing in the table.

The rewards from the hiest are not worth the forced cutscenes and without having an estimate on Profit-Taker everything just smells.

PS the 6k Toroids were made useless by the wait for part 2, also it's much faster to just farm the 1k toroids.

2 hours ago, Alteux said:

Ivara's Navigator works on the tranq gun. You can effectively sit at 150 meters with prowl and shoot the tranq gun with navigator to get almost guaranteed perfect captures. I don't see what other abilities you would use to actually use on the animal other than Equinox sleep and Ivara's sleep arrow.

The problem still is two-fold, even with Prowl in my experience.

a) As I've said before - Wind Direction. We've had "Good Captures" when our Ivara was using Prowl and someone else used a tranq because the wind direction triggered an alert (but not flee) animation on a target.

b) Tanqing multiple spawns/harder animals. While I understand this is a MMO, Conversation is a activity you need a coordinated team for and even then organizing everyone to shoot at the right time at the right animal is bloody hard. Using Rest and Rage and Sleep Arrow is needed if you are soloing hunting or need a back-up for your team.

I think a good way of reverting the changes, but still rewarding the use of the tranq rifle (as a self-imposed limit) is to:

1) Change the achievement so it reads "Make ten perfect captures with only a tranq rifle", so that most everyone has a reason to use the rifle at least a few times before they use/get Ivara and Equinox. Heck I'd be fine with my achievement being removed and having to re-earn it with this condition. Or if changing achievements isn't desired/practical, instead make a new achievement, something like "Get a Perfect Capture with every conservation target species using only a tranq rifle."

2) Get an extra tag for a successful capture with a tranq rifle. Now you're encouraging two different dynamic play styles depending on what the groups wants/needs. Wanna gain rep? Well you can use Warframe Abilities to get those perfect captures easier. Wanna hunt for floofs, like myself? Well then you better get good with a rifle as that's the best way to get tags!

Mesa prime's textures in general are in low quality or something. I am playing in the highest settings for the game and all my other warframes has no low quality texture issues. 

There are visible jagged edges on the lines and details that are not clear. It can be seen in detail in this reddit post.Post showing the low quality textures of mesa prime

Bug with profit taker phase 1, when fishing, if someone joins the squad, no progress will be made no matter how many fish are caught

Arch-gun sometimes won't be equipped/unequipped when selecting it from the gear wheel (not on cooldown)

And what's with this regression in the reward gain from the profit taker bounties. A good step forward was made with then bounty system when fortuna was released, yet now a big step back was made with this update. Why can we only gain one award from the end of phase one, a 3 phase bounty.

I was busy and completely forgot to say - if you put in the Penta mod Tether Grenades, the color of the grenade will become static blue, and even if you remove the mod - the color of the grenade cannot be changed. It will be possible to change only the color of the explosion.

gonna say this RIGHT NOW. FIX YOU'RE #*!%ING CHAT SUSPENSION SYSTEM!!! i get banned for quoting people who call me a "$&*#^%" and "Retard" but they don't get punished at all, that is absolutly unprofessional for a game that relys on its chat to communicate. i understand you're making it so its a "cleaner" community but for #*!% sake this is my 3rd time with a suspension and last time was because i said AND I QUOTE "im setting a trap in the hallway" when playing vauban on hydron. fix your #*!%ing S#&$

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

Cautious Shot is a band aid, not a solution; plus the fact that -90% of 100,000 damage is still 10,000 damage 😞 .

I dont know why the negitive damage is there at all. You still pay a cost in a mod slot, as well as in the mod capacity. That should be enough of a price to negate all self damage.

PLEASE LET US SKIP THE CUT SCENES!!!!!! it make 0 sense to keep havin those non skipable cutscenes over and over again, even if you done ALL of them once, to farm the 1 bounti mission, you need more time to actually looking at the cutscene than the mission istelf. its disgusting that you build in a cutscene you CAN NOT skip in nearly 2019! ...

Archived