Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Mesa Prime - Hotfix 24.2.2

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, WolfieJoeyNoob said:

No, our group just calls that the spawn point. Wind direction is where the wind is blowing from. As the Biz says "Stay downwind and hidden". Spawn location is seperate from our experience, which we have learnt that the calls help pinpoint that and we are getting good at that. But if you are upwind of an animal spawn it can smell you which downgrades the capture. it often has a little animation to identify if your not downwind, like the Bolerolas balling up or the Virminks tensing low. We've tried to locate the direction but the foliage and snow are very inconsistent and contradictory to try and identify wind direction. For a no-ability tranq you need good information on the animal's location (which we have) and the wind direction (which we don't really have).

I learn something new everyday 😃. Did not know about the smell and wind mechanic. That would explain how they are sometimes already alerted before they see me. That will definitely hinder the ability for a perfect capture.

So... after last update I started getting some weird mouse input issues, I believe they're related to the fix they made for the controller input (and the smoothing function):

-After I stroke in one direction(ie, left) stroking in the opposite (right) gives a weird deceleration

- This cumbersome lower sensitivity remains for about 2 seconds

- it restarts to normal look/aiming

- if i keep stroking the lowered sensitivity remains

This makes the game unplayable 😞

(Anyone else having this)

2 hours ago, Gattler24 said:

I havent been able to play the majority of the update (the Orb Mother hunts) because of Time gating. So overall this Update feels very disapointing

Time gating? I have yet to get home from work to check out the update. Please for the love of god tell me that orbs aren’t locked behind “cool and hot” periods like eidolons are locked to night time. 

DE,

Let's talk. 

I'm going to offer praise.  It's not a reward, but it is a fair balance to criticism.  You seem to have made good on the 2.0 moniker.  

This is what Fortuna 1.0 should have been.  This is the content that would have offered a complete experience.  Likewise, the updates and improvements to the Arch-wing system seem to actually make it worth using.  Can you please just hold off on future updates until something like this is present?  I haven't had the chance to play test, but all of the improvements and content seems like a huge leap forward to making Forrtuna worth the insane grind for artificially rare items.  

Likewise, please keep working on fixes.  Fortuna being patched is much appreciated, even though the fixes are less revolutionary and more evolutionary.  Likewise, it's nice to get two warframes in the span of the same quantity of months.  The drought seems to be over for the holiday season.

Hopefully the rapid patching means this will be stable enough to cover the holiday season.  Rest is likely much appreciated at DE, and it'd be even better to be able to enjoy some unabridged gaming time.  Stupid naming aside, thank you for closing out the year on a good note, even if it's been...less then fantastic over large stretches.  Happy holidays.

5 minutes ago, Shadedraxe said:

Time gating? I have yet to get home from work to check out the update. Please for the love of god tell me that orbs aren’t locked behind “cool and hot” periods like eidolons are locked to night time. 

no

time gating as in: you need max rank with SU to start the Orb Mother bounties

Daily standing is a form of time gating too

Since the update, I'm no longer able to bullet jump at will, with most of my attempts acting like the secondary jump from an already airborne frame.  The height of attempted bullet jumps seems correct with earlier behavior, but the animation and options off of the first jump have been pretty much eliminated.  In addition, although I see a blurb about controller inputs being adjusted, it still seems incredibly wonky.  I have to turn the sensitivity all the way down to not stare at the sky or the ground simply for activating the right joystick.  

Combining these issues with a nerf to a weapon that I just barely acquired has put me off of playing the game at the moment, probably not the reaction that you are looking for.

With more and more content added in, I would say please consider players who have no time but money. Make more non-cosmetics tradable or purchasable, such as focus and certain untradable standing/standing rewards. This game has already enough time-only content progresses that force players to invest time( e.g. mastery rank, map unlock, quest process etc.) we don’t need more. 

1 minute ago, wachacreate said:

With more and more content added in, I would say please consider players who have no time but money. Make more non-cosmetics tradable or purchasable, such as focus and certain untradable standing/standing rewards. This game has already enough time-only content progresses that force players to invest time( e.g. mastery rank, map unlock, quest process etc.) we don’t need more. 

Wrong, we need something to do (except trading)

On 2018-12-18 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

When completing a successful animal Conservation using a Warframe ability, it will yield a ‘Good Capture’, as opposed to sometimes yielding a ‘Perfect Capture’. A successful animal Conservation using the tried-and-true Tranq/Echo-Lure technique was always intended to yield a higher gratitude.

I'd like to know what the conversation in the office was that led to this. Did it go something like this?

"Hey, the tranq rifle is incredibly slow and clunky, so people are using frame abilities instead, which are way more fun and satisfying. Should we rework the tranq rifle to make it more fun to use?"

"Nah, just nerf the standing gain for doing it with frame abilities, then post misleading patch notes that make it sound like getting standing normally was some kind of intermittent bug. And while you're at it, disallow equipping lures directly to the gear wheel. Just make them use the tranq rifle whether they want to or not."

17 minutes ago, Xenophil said:

Wrong, we need something to do (except trading)

I get it that new time consuming tasks come with the intention to bring back old players and give them new stuff to do. But you know it’s (almost) not happening when you already have 1000-2000h time on record. Most old players get online and see what’s new, try it then leave again. Large portion of players cant stay with this game for 1 year or invest thousands of hour into it (yet still impossible to experience full non-cosmetic content by the time they quit). It’s even worse and discouraging for new players realizing infinite mandatory grinding time laying ahead. This was okay when total content was not much, but not okay when more and more contents are coming in. Grinding is good, but don’t overdose them. The intention is good, but nowadays in this fast cycle of vid game industry, trying to retain players by forcing them to excessively grind is not smart. Besides new contents, cosmetics and explorative ways of playing is what I see a better way to retain players. 

5 hours ago, Gandergear said:

I was hoping heists would be an upgrade to spy missions, too bad for me I guess 😞

Also the fishing portion of bounty 1 is hopelessly buggy, non-stop softlocks at every portion of it

Ugh just in general the entire heist system feels like a waste of time. The enemies are all knockdown spammers, the boss fight is trivial itself and relies on these mechanics to artificially lengthen it, and the rewards require more grind than anything the quills seemed to ask for on Cetus.

DE why is it that an increase in grind isn't correlating to an increase in fun?

1. Bring the right frame so you don’t get dunked on. 

2. This was never supposed to be just a meatbag to soak bullets again. I legit don’t know what you’re expecting, another sergeant? Don’t blame DE for not living up to your “I can do this without putting any effort in”. 

3. Because you only care about doing nothing while grinding for mats. This is a common symptom of warframe players. They’re too used to absolute laziness, when you hit them with something that requires effort to actually play, they cry wolf. 

did profit taker battle twice, both of them with a silly failure..

first, i did it solo.. i got almost every arch-gun mod maxed and still out of ammo most of the time. when im at the stage when i need to kill the spider at given time, i need to wait for my arch-gun cooldown (which is silly and i dont know what's in DE's mind) and i ran out of time because of waiting

second time, i got into PUGs.. the group done great from the start, until the stage when it supposed to spawn 6 pylon (almost at the last stage) and the fight bugged.. profit taker became invulnerable, its turret keep shooting at us, and it wont spawn any pylon and we're stuck there..

DE, please fix those things (especially that silly cooldown)

Archived