Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Mesa Prime - Hotfix 24.2.2

[DE]Megan

vor 1 Minute schrieb mistsack:

PLEASE LET US SKIP THE CUT SCENES!!!!!! it make 0 sense to keep havin those non skipable cutscenes over and over again, even if you done ALL of them once, to farm the 1 bounti mission, you need more time to actually looking at the cutscene than the mission istelf. its disgusting that you build in a cutscene you CAN NOT skip in nearly 2019! ...

I don't understand, that such simple things go live, because it's so obviously and should be recognized by just playing this content for 2 or 3 times during development. :thinking:

ok, some constructive feedback now:

alot new stuff, cool thing. good job.

1. first and foremost: MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO SKIP THE TALKING ON THE NEW BOUNTIES! TYVM! being stuck in a "cutscene" is below your standards. (also fix the phase1/stage2 bug. seems to have something to do with stealthframes from my little sample size - always bugged out with octavia, worked with nidus.)
  2. staticor reduced to 2m on quickfire is harsh. can we settle on 3-4?
  3. heavy weapon feels extremely underwhelmig after initial testing in simulacrum. well, maybe it is really just for the orb mothers. but why have a 10 min CD in simulacrum as well? please remove that timer there. also 10 mins seems quite long - if you introduce some kind of "ultimate" mechanic, it better feels immensly strong.
  4. thanks for the new lighting in the simulacrum. i would prefer more WALLS though... for some stuff one might wanna test it is annoying to have yourself or mobs fall down.
  5. customizable crosshairs/colors when? i know all that younglings have no troubles and have godaim anyways. i have troubles with a white point on SNOW.
  6. i am curious how the damage type rotation on orbs will fan out - havent looked it up all yet. on paper and on first glance it looks disheartening. i like to PUG around and you need to cover 13 damage types with reasonable numbers behind it. gotta have a look into that new arcanes with dmg type vulnerabilities.

Devs what happened to "allowing new players to join the orb raid" when the orb itself already deal so much damage and you throw in a bunch of copus tanky units like the raknoid, jackal and corpus units using fluctus that can take away iron skin in 2 shots... please lower damage and health and actually let new players to join the orb raid.

Just now, xXxshadowstorm666xXx said:

Devs what happened to "allowing new players to join the orb raid" when the orb itself already deal so much damage and you throw in a bunch of copus tanky units like the raknoid, jackal and corpus units using fluctus that can take away iron skin in 2 shots... please lower damage and health and actually let new players to join the orb raid.

with the current unbalanced difficulty fighting the Profit Taker it would be even more cancer to allow new players to join the fight. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against low MR "clueless" players doing highest Tier bounties in Fortuna (and failing every bonus objective while they're at it) but this is on another level and you start to reevaluate your skills and your teammates when you see a group of MR26's downed every few mins.

So unless they rebalance the final phase, the new players would only rage quit, cause nothing in this game is as difficult at the moment as this encounter.

Thanks for some of the fixes but can we get a skip cut scene option once we have finished the bounties and hiest for the first time. The cut scenes are annoying after the first time, they are over a minute minimum and when I am trying to grind for one of the systems these cut scenes are highly annoying.

Your moderation changes look good. However DE seems oddly quiet about 2 people from a while back and that makes me concerned you aren't taking it seriously.

Person A, a guide of the lotus, basically posts on social media how they want to silence a large group of people in the US and used warframe to fantasize killing them without getting arrested (this occurred a while ago). Person B, a guide of the lotus at the time, defends himself from attacks by A and a friend of A. A DE staff removes B from guides of the lotus sometime after then blocks them rendering B unable to communicate and figure out why. B posts a YouTube video explaining the situation around the same time the DE staff member apologizes and offers B to return. However the offer is quickly withdrew as DE finds the YouTube video that is criticizing DE for their actions.

Person B is gone because he defended himself and DE was acting horribly unprofessional. Person A, who was basically fantasizing about killing people, is still in good standing as far as I know. 

DE, care to comment on the new standards and how they should apply to anyone representing DE, volunteers and staff alike? I'm all for holding people accountable, however that standard must be applied to EVERYONE representing DE. Otherwise it's just another double standard tool.

14 hours ago, wachacreate said:

I get it that new time consuming tasks come with the intention to bring back old players and give them new stuff to do. But you know it’s (almost) not happening when you already have 1000-2000h time on record. Most old players get online and see what’s new, try it then leave again. Large portion of players cant stay with this game for 1 year or invest thousands of hour into it (yet still impossible to experience full non-cosmetic content by the time they quit). It’s even worse and discouraging for new players realizing infinite mandatory grinding time laying ahead. This was okay when total content was not much, but not okay when more and more contents are coming in. Grinding is good, but don’t overdose them. The intention is good, but nowadays in this fast cycle of vid game industry, trying to retain players by forcing them to excessively grind is not smart. Besides new contents, cosmetics and explorative ways of playing is what I see a better way to retain players. 

I disagree. It is right, honorable and smart taking a stand against the current get a quick-fix, cuddly, adapt-everything-to-any-stupid-player's-level, feel good (for one minute) way of doing things. Becoming any MR after 16 (when all content is unlocked) should actually mean something, and when you encounter a MR20+ player you should be sure that he/she actually knows their sh*t, and haven't just plunked down daddy's plastic and bought their level.

And you have it wrong concerning new players, the psychological profile of players needing constant gratification is such that you simply cannot feed it enough to have them stay, especially so in a game that prides itself (with reason) for being available for free. If they can't take the grind they will leave, if you make everything easier they will leave (when they have everything that came easily). Yes, fast-pace, short-cycle throw-away is part of the current world we live in, including the gaming industry, but it is not inherently very smart (also called the Red Queen effect: you have to run to stay in the same place). It is the idiots that keep on grinding (like myself) that break a game away from the "use and throw-away"-category. Just check all the hot games that came out the same year as Warframe, and focused on giving players as much instant gratification and help (like auto-adjusting difficulty levels) as possible. How many are still around and doing well? DOTA 2 and...? Planetside 2, which came out some months earlier in 2012 and has the same kind of insane old-school slow-leveling is still up and running (but is now going for the quick-fix route with a new version with shorter, drop-in battles, which will probably kill it off).

In addition to this, DE has managed to create a sort of a dialogue with players (all considering themselves the ultimate example of the "fanbase" 🙂), and especially with experienced long-term players, that has consistently improved the game. DE actually do listen, and they also (luckily) use their collective brains. I could bet one month's salary that the cut-scene/dialogue-thingy (with the new P-T missions) will be fixed/improved, as will the acquisition of the new materials needed for Vox Solaris standing and the new weaponry (either increased drop-rates or/and other ways of acquiring them). This is not because of the amount of "noise" the current implementation has generated, but because behind all that noise exists a sort of mutual trust between DE & the fanbase, and some changes would be "fair". That is quite rare in the gaming world these days, and valuable as hell, both for the developer and players.

I'm just going to loudly yell at DE for making the repellers have a 1% bounty drop rate until they make the odds better.

Because it makes perfect sense to take this item that's essential to progression in Vox as well as multiple crafting recipes, evaluate its usefulness to the player and then make it drop at an astonishingly low rate in missions that take quite a chunk of time and require you to go back to Fortuna each time. Granted, you can do stage 2 at a rather blistering pace of 2:30 per run(and even faster once you get acquainted with it), but you're still looking at about 5 hours of non-stop grinding to have a "guaranteed" 1 in 100 drop. And that's assuming RNG cooperates and actually gives you that "guaranteed" drop which it might as well not do from my own experience of having nearly 50 resolute focuses and getting the entire strain set to drop from directors twice over at this point with not a single repeller in sight.

I've wasted 6 hours trying to play the new update.

There are too many mistakes, you can not even hold / hold on the walls
It's really annoying, having to wait and wait and wait and wait to start the mission, because you can not simply skip your dialogues, you get stuck. Waste of time.
If you leave the squad or there is host migration, because there is too much LAG, the automatic contract fails. And you must wait again 2 minutes to activate the mission.
The reward is exasperating, RELICS ALWAYS COME OUT! God, I prefer to get away from the game, never in my life playing Warframe I felt so much stress in such a short time.
With all due respect, they had enough time to notice the mistakes and the things they were doing wrong.
I would like too much for the DE, instead of saying "Let's launch an update or a week like that", whether it's complete or, at least, most importantly, the time factor is not affected in any way.
One wants to have a good time with friends and this game is excellent, but it is unforgivable what is creating an average update scheme to catch new and old players, launch a full update, optimized by a lot.
As a veteran player, I have gone through many times in which Warframe as such becomes unfair. But in no update to the present, it has been so annoying and unfair.
Warframe is my first choice when playing.
If there are new things one wants to play the new, but unfortunately everything has been annoying and irritating.
Even with the present update, I am attracted by much more to go for Mesa prime what to play in Fortuna.

So, in addition to the unskippable cutscenes (and inability to simply BLOCK all the annoying cutscenes in the game, like fishing ones), the spider bugging out, and all the other bugs, I've one other thing to add.

Did you know that the heavy weapon is not actually tied to vehicle loadouts, but instead warframe loadouts? Yeah...that's how it is.

IMO the grind for new resources is not bad because it is grind but because it is an insane grind including just some "story" based bounty missions which we have to play again and again.

I like this story based phase 1-4 approach but then it feels silly playing phase 1-3 again and again.

Killed already over 5 profit takers with some random clients in open and still stuck at first vox solaris rank. Feels just wrong. There should be a trader NPC for gyromag systems etc. like there is a trader for regular bounty bonds.

I see not all MR ranked equipment is showing in profiles some of it is still missing, example I only have one Moa showing where all three are MR ranked.

Staticor please take it to 4 metres, also it kills you if the charged fire doesn't quite have enough ammo to get to it's full charge, it'll auto fire killing the user it will not hold the fire until you're ready. 

I like the latest release but it has a few bugs which I guess will be sorted out in time and improved on.

Wrong forum. Move along, 🙂

Missed Changes:

• When completing a successful animal Conservation using a Warframe ability, it will yield a ‘Good Capture’, as opposed to sometimes yielding a ‘Perfect Capture’. A successful animal Conservation using the tried-and-true Tranq/Echo-Lure technique was always intended to yield a higher gratitude.

WHY.
I'm agreeing with everyone else bringing this up.
Change it back to "perfect capture" if you directly hit the animal with a sleep warframe ability. These are the stupid changes NONE OF US CONSERVATION FANS WANT. The traq gun IS GARBAGE , its loud, you can catch only one popper unless you use any ability and kurbros LITERALLY SMELL YOU WITHIN 2 SECONDS NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. Downwind? alerted. Cloaked? alerted. ON A MUSHROOM, alerted.

did anyone ever want these changes? I don't think so. ON STREAM, "we want constructive feedback so we can make things better" WHERE DID ANYONE WANT THIS CHANGE TO CONSERVATION.

STILL upset about my beautiful 8 formaed staticor that now I've shelved because 2 m radius without charging  completely RUINS them.
STILL no fixes to visits to orbiter visits, Doors do not open to players only host, we still cannot see the snow in other peoples ships, operator chair is still Invisible and operator just floats there.

ALSO having to REEQUIP MY ARCHGUN to every single warframe, it seems like someone in DE department brain farted on this or something. WHY do i have to reEQUIP my ARCHUN individually to warframes? who thought THAT was a  good idea, mistakes are mistakes, i can understand, but do you guys not test things out before release? To many things to even cover at this point but seriously. We the community give you SO much feedback but it seems like DE just wants to do everything THEIR way no matter the response.

Archived