Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit Taker Squad Compositition?

Athrax_Thorax

After failing the first raid I went with Mesa for the 2nd try to clear all the mobs tat show up from alert and it worked quite well so the squad members wouldnt go down ever 10 seconds.

1 big issue though - switching from her 4 whilst having your archgun equipped will put you through the whole terribly slow archwing gun equipping animation. Its terrible, so Id suggest to have mesa as the trash mob/alert beacon destroyer and dont even bother with archgun until the last stage.

I don't think Chroma and Rhino are the best options, all their buffs would be horrible to upkeep with all the nullifiers. I agree to Inaros being a good option.

I myself went with Garuda (umbral), easy to reposition with 1 and 2, could occasionally nuke adds out of the way with 4+1.

Unlike Eidolons, here there should be a role for taking care of adds and pylons.

For my first public fight I went in with valkyr to be invincible for the entire fight.  Not having to deal with knockbacks is pretty sweet.

Mostly I did the clearing out of adds as they go down in one slide attack. But I wasn't able to touch the profit taker itself.

4 valkyr each with different element might work out?

Blessing Trinity also seems like a good idea.

If you want it simple...take inaros and a good polearm whip.  Keep the adds cleared and plink on the boss when convenient.  Let the rest of the pubs take down the boss because you now made it is easy for them.   If they get downed, let them self revive as a punishment for missing the telegraphed attacked.  

9 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

I don't think Chroma and Rhino are the best options, all their buffs would be horrible to upkeep with all the nullifiers. I agree to Inaros being a good option.

I myself went with Garuda (umbral), easy to reposition with 1 and 2, could occasionally nuke adds out of the way with 4+1.

Unlike Eidolons, here there should be a role for taking care of adds and pylons.

What Nullifiers?

There are no Nullfiers if you kill the reinforcement beacons.

Anyway, as for the Profit-Taker fight itself, squishies need not apply. Chroma and Oberon can make short work of it as a duo. Inaros probably won't have much trouble (and can shrug off the hand full of Magnetic procs you'll face with his 4 aug). Rhino is pretty perennially great thanks to his overpowered Iron Skin augment and damage buff from Roar for this fight. Nezha and Gara are plenty tough with their defensive buffs, and can both create areas that help to keep the knockdown spam enemies in check, and provide additional damage resistance to allies if desired.

The best team is likely Chroma, Harrow, Oberon and Volt/Rhino for the last spot.

Chroma with 657% damage 32m radius team buff

Harrow with max duration 4 for blocking magnetic procs and +Crit bonus

Oberon for healing, status removal and his Augment adds +Radiation to teamates

Rhino for +Dmg AOE buff, or Volt for +electric to teamates and +electric/crit dmg when firing through shield

Edited by angryjanitor

Chroma is a must pick IMO. His tankiness is legit out there and his damage output with normal weapons and archguns is unmatched. You can stand there and tank damage and one-shot limbs. That's really everything you need.

Everything else should be about keeping him alive and supporting him. So I think the best squad is built around Chroma. Heal him, buff him, switch damage for him, etc. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

From first hand experience, I would say the frame comp doesn't really matter. What does is the AW Weapon comp.

1 - 3 players with IPS and an elemental as their damage combo and someone with a heavy hitter like the Velocitus for the armor.

Ofcourse, damage buff frames would help in taking down the Spiderlon (That name is staying until a new term is chosen.) 

As for a healer, Oberon seems like an ideal pick what with his greater armor over Trinity.

weve been doing runs with

2 Oberons throwing hallowed and stacking renewal, 1 on add management, other helping cycle shields. ( growing power, no augments.)
1 Dps stacked chroma, (Growing power, no augments)

7 damage types covered between the 3 of us, and all running corrosive on arch weapons

and then whatever rando calrissian gets thrown into spot 4.

from the time we exit the gate, to kill the profit taker and get back to the gate is a touch over 5m 30s atm, but expecting to get it down a bit more as we get more comfortable.

8 minutes ago, Artiems said:

weve been doing runs with

2 Oberons throwing hallowed and stacking renewal, 1 on add management, other helping cycle shields. ( growing power, no augments.)
1 Dps stacked chroma, (Growing power, no augments)

7 damage types covered between the 3 of us, and all running corrosive on arch weapons

and then whatever rando calrissian gets thrown into spot 4.

from the time we exit the gate, to kill the profit taker and get back to the gate is a touch over 5m 30s atm, but expecting to get it down a bit more as we get more comfortable.

Ooh, I like this sound of this comp. I'll probably try this later.

37 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Ooh, I like this sound of this comp. I'll probably try this later.

We did notice once we got the Add spread under control, we didnt need that many growing powers (always better to overcompensate at first ey? haha)  as the group could recentralize and wasnt as separated.

So will be seeing how rifle amp effects the arch guns over the weekend, and run that on the sheild cycle oberon and glue him to chroma

1 hour ago, Artiems said:

Do you mean radiation? I feel like the boss is probably immune to corrosive procs, and its armor type is alloy armor which has no weakness to corrosive.

Nezha is all you actually need lol, or even Rhino. Getting the damage absorption when you cast warding/iron skin, you get over 70k dmg absorption.   You dont need a trin, you don't need a fancy adaption mod, nothin. just Nezha/Rhino, and a Velocitus 

• 2 weeks later...

I solo it with Chroma. Going public just makes it faster. Anyone who comes is a bonus.

Chroma with x2 Arcane Guardian

Operator with x2 Magus Elevate

Tigris Prime - Tombfinger - Redeemer Prime - Imperator Vandal - Wyrm Prime

No issues unless the pug group is laggy.

Edited by Eathian
Addition

For a Pug it basically doesnt matter what frame you bring, but it should be able to withstand some damage. Ember/Banshee/Limbo/Volt/Ivara etc. might be a bad pick. 

70% of the parties consist out of Chroma/Inaros/Rhino. Entering a party with 3 Chroma happens. Frames like Garuda, Trinity, Oberon... are pretty seldom.

A Chroma usually means that the spider dies siginificantly faster. Healer are nice but not a must-have, often there seem to be a range problem + constant knockdown/kick-backs. Depending on the time you spend on killing the spider, you need at least one frame to clear alertsticks and mob up corpus or raktoids. Also sometimes people go down and a rez is nice, but normally not extremly important. Just make sure to reach the last phase with some revives left.

On average I would say a fight takes 10 minutes, if you get some good players its 5-7 minutes. Thats with a Pug, Im fully aware that guild groups (with voicecom) are faster.

Edited by Fiewel

In my experience Chroma with Imperator Vandal rules the day. This may change then the other spiders are out. For now, I would like to have anyone who do not leech on the team. If they kill adds, destroy pylons and do not immediately switch the damage type if they do not have it - they are awesome.

Magus Elevate works wonders if you do not have Arcane Grace. I did try Handspring - helps, but if adds are being kept in check, not a must. Would recommend that new Archgun mod that gives immunity to knockdowns.

Lag is the biggest annoyance. A cat will be dead “all the damn time”. I noticed that Helios kills adds pretty well (until it explodes), but I gone a little bit crazy with Deconstructor.

Operator is not a must, but helps a lot. Mobility, healing, energy. That new Arcane with a tether grenade looks interesting. I would like to give that always charging dual Creshka wielding Corpus demonic spider something to play with. I am toying with the idea of switching to at least one Arcane Nullifier and changing Zenurik to something with  better CC.

Edited by rand0mname