I am looking for the name of a warframe i saw in game.

overZeroPlay

Question

There was this warframe that had an ability that made AOE damage and causes the enemies to get "confused" or "stop in place". The effect looked like a 360 degree huge area  where straight lines kept spinning around the entire area. They kinda looked like stars. The ability was on for a long time and i rarely saw the one playing recasting it, Sorry if the description is confusing.

12 answers to this question

2 hours ago, overZeroPlay said:

There was this warframe that had an ability that made AOE damage and causes the enemies to get "confused" or "stop in place". The effect looked like a 360 degree huge area  where straight lines kept spinning around the entire area. They kinda looked like stars. The ability was on for a long time and i rarely saw the one playing recasting it, Sorry if the description is confusing.

You mean Equinox, the confused part is because of the damage that staggers them, the straight lines are part of his/her 4

That sounds a lot like Revenant: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Revenant

Their 4th ability causes them to spin around shooting a fan of laser beams continuously. (However, this would not stop enemies in place.)

Their 1st ability can mind control enemies. These mind controlled enemies can be hit by friendly fire and explode when killed. They have an effect vaguely resembling a star above their heads and will play a "disoriented" animation upon getting mind controlled.

EDIT: This may also be Mirage: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mirage

Their 4th ability releases lasers in all directions from a ball that bounces around and can explode to blind enemies.

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan

The "star" particles part makes me think it might be Nova, but then she doesn't grant hard CC, only a slow (a really strong one at that though).

Might be Volt's 4, with a range/duration build, which tends to completely shut down the map on defense missions, and enemies seem to "stop in place".

It might also be Limbo's Cataclysm combined with his Stasis, but that's less of a striaght line and more of a definite visible Sphere. But that definitely completely "stops enemies in place", and has some particle effects around the outside that might look like stars.

On 2018-12-18 at 9:52 PM, absgcm said:

limbo

2. ability with 4. ability 

On 2018-12-18 at 9:50 PM, Vosenedich said:

The "star" particles part makes me think it might be Nova, but then she doesn't grant hard CC, only a slow (a really strong one at that though).

Might be Volt's 4, with a range/duration build, which tends to completely shut down the map on defense missions, and enemies seem to "stop in place".

It might also be Limbo's Cataclysm combined with his Stasis, but that's less of a striaght line and more of a definite visible Sphere. But that definitely completely "stops enemies in place", and has some particle effects around the outside that might look like stars.

On 2018-12-18 at 9:48 PM, Pyromaniaque said:

For the "stop in place" part, I'd say Limbo... But for the "confused" and "stars" parts I'm myself confused.

But still, I bet on Limbo.

Also, if you want to know who is with you, press esc and check your teammates by hovering your mouse over their profiles.

Thank you everyone, I think it's limbo. I looked at some pictures/videos and i think it's his 4th ability. He seems really powerful i might start farming him (primary for Defense missions because i got carried twice by the player who used that ability and it made the mission really easy). Thank you for your help!

Turns out it was Equinox Maim's

None the less thank you for your input

Edited by overZeroPlay

On 2018-12-19 at 12:41 AM, (PS4)Wolfou_Jams said:

You mean Equinox, the confused part is because of the damage that staggers them, the straight lines are part of his/her 4

yes, thank you very very much. this is the warframe i saw. i saw a video to make sure and equionox 4th had the same visual effect that i saw. thanks alot!!!!!