Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another wave of nerfs to k-drives?

DoomFruit

Something in version 24.2.0 broke k-drives even further.

-I seem to be falling off the damn thing for tiny little bumps which I wouldn't have even noticed before. Did someone implement the "fall off less" mod only to realise that it's pointless unless they go ahead and explicitly nerf the stability of k-drives? They were already directly inferior to archwings in pretty much every respect, what purpose would a nerf like this serve other than to further confirm the superiority of flight?

-I don't seem to be able to increase the point counter tick rate by grabbing the board any more. Previously, by timing it right, you could greatly increase the rate at which you got points - not any more. Why?

Without the increased tick rate from grabbing, it's not even possible to approach the standing cap in any reasonable time - which means that I'm not going to bother attempting any more ventkids standing. Combined with the fact that you now fall off if a fly so much as lands on your little toe, they're not even worth using for travel. All this does is make me want to use the hover skateboard even less. Time to free up another slot on my gear wheel, I guess.

• Like 1

This , exactly, it was already a grindfest (the BAD kind of grind) and now the GOOD part of grind is nerfed, you can't even have style while riding since you end up on the ground for any reason, archwing is still faster, and now the only thing left to make enough points to actually use the multipliers from well timed tricks, and manage to get a "3000" is gone.... this is insanity.

• Like 1

It's not gone, but yes it got stupid insane to grind that. Don't know why to make something tedious/grindy even more.

Just get all the Trick/Speed/Air Mods (no dmg they suck so far, only for looks).

Speed in a direction with W -> Jump -> RB -> Space (-> RB -> Space) -> Grab -> Gring + Speed/Shift -> Jump -> spam RBs and Space and hope that you don't ragdoll of your Board.

Yeah... Not only can we not increase the tick rate of the grind by grabbing the board anymore, but they made it so as you're about land into a grind on a rail, they seemed to have made the animation slower, resulting in you slamming into the rail and wiping out. It's really sad 😞

...and on top of all that, they STILL haven't fixed the bugged engine placement on the damned board. The engine of my board is still clipping into my foot. -_-  

Edited by SeriousSmith

2 hours ago, JCBeastie said:

I hope this wasn't intentional,

It's a pretty safe bet this was an intentional change. I did notice that they didn't jump right on the problem of tricks having something like a 20-30% chance to not count, thus just wasting your time. Something beneficial to players? Cripple it. Something hurting players? Eh, we'll fix that in the next mainline patch. Maybe.

• Like 1

This.

DE is taking K-Drives in the wrong direction by nerfing the hell out of them.

How are they ever to compete with Archwings fast and seamlessly crossing of the map - when it's not as fast - it cannot take the same direct route - and now you get thrown off your K-Drive after 10sec. 

Fix this DE, plus add Mastery points for leveling K-Drives bought with Platinum or give players a refund.

4 hours ago, Kierlak said:

It's a pretty safe bet this was an intentional change. I did notice that they didn't jump right on the problem of tricks having something like a 20-30% chance to not count, thus just wasting your time. Something beneficial to players? Cripple it. Something hurting players? Eh, we'll fix that in the next mainline patch. Maybe.

Tricks always count if you do make a clean landing without bumps to things and drops from ledges. I takes about a second to consider the trick as clean and count the points for you.

4 hours ago, Zarremgregarrok said:

Tricks always count if you do make a clean landing without bumps to things and drops from ledges. I takes about a second to consider the trick as clean and count the points for you.

Tell that to my score counter after I watch half a dozen flips and spins not count for the multiplier.

13 hours ago, Zarremgregarrok said:

No, sometimes a trick in a chain just doesn't get added.  Also, sometimes the button doesn't even trigger the trick, and I've had quite a few spins come out without pressing that button at all.  It's just flaky on every count.

• Like 1

The grind is unreal for sure. I must have missed all the cheese to make it easier at the start as I'm nearly rank 5 with Solaris and just barely broke into the first rank of Vent Kids. This getting 0-30 ventkids standing per bounty (seemingly at random? how the heck do you reliably farm this stuff at the start without a board?) is AWFUL, it's going to be many more months of grind before I can even get the first K-Drive at this rate. I know they really want you to buy your first board with plat, but heck with that I've got better things to spend it on. I'd rather just go without.

Honestly, you can still do the "speed up the tick rate" thing because I did it just a few hours ago. By accident, I might add and I do think it's a bug and should be fixed. The ticker is per seconds how long the chain is and the multiplier is based on how many unique tricks have been done. That is my impression on how the rules work and the deal with making the ticker go faster is clearly a glitch in that regard. Unless I am missing something here that isn't player preference.

As for tricks not counting, wasn't it the thing that only unique tricks in a chain count? You sure you're not just spamming buttons and repeating tricks? Also I have noticed that some tricks take a bit longer to complete and don't count if you don't finish it. Meaning some of the flips don't count because I essentially "animation cancel" it before the entire thing finishes. Lesser of two evils of being locked into a longer animation and faceplant into the ground.

Now, one thing I do think should be changed or fixed is Race scoring. I was under the impression that the score we get at the completion of a race is 1-to-1 to faction standing. But it turns out the score follows the exact same 4-to-1 conversion scheme. I don't get THAT part, honestly. I'm honestly wondering if that's some kind of oversight because at the very least, you should be able to get that full score from a race once a day. 

• 3 weeks later...

As of the recent hotfix they still haven't corrected this...they are more concerned about mesa's ass apparently...is this how DE are throw out a bunch of random fixes and hope the community likes it and not giving a damn about anything they broke if its not "mainline" content...i have yet to reach 1 year old and yet im starting to hate them for their negligence