Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Mastery from K-Drives

Kyoresh

7 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

K-Drives are a cosmetic fun item, with no influence on the real gameplay, so it shouldnt have mastery tied to it.

I mean... why is it important though?
If you don't want to rank up all three boards, that's fine. You will just have the same amount of Mastery as if they didn't give any Mastery.

You will just be behind some of the other players. But that's not that big of a deal.

So honestly, why this thread?

Try to imagine the uproar if they suddenly removed mastery from items that many people have already leveled... Can't really see that happening. 😉

If you don't like them, don't use them. Lots of other people enjoy getting around on K-drives. You are in no way hurt by the fact that they might have a little more mastery than you.

But perhaps your point is aimed at objects possibly released in the future and is more of a general question: Which type of items should be able to award mastery? It would be possible to argue that no new types of equipment should have mastery tied to them, if that is what you would wish to say. (I do not want to make that argument, but it might be an interesting discussion.)

Edited by (XB1)AlingsasArrende

7 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

for me and some other people I know, it is. as mastery is the only sort of progression

Considering there is going to be more mastery then actual mastery levels in the future I think you'll be fine. Wouldn't even stress, no need to remove mastery from k drives

Edited by StinkyPygmy

4 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Considering there is going to be more mastery then actual mastery levels in the future I think you'll be fine. Wouldn't even stress, no need to remove mastery from k drives

Not like people can even get all the mastery in the game anymore unlike some people. 😉

1 minute ago, DishSoap said:

Not like people can even get all the mastery in the game anymore unlike some people. 😉

Yet here I am still at MR21.

Mastery don't mean jack anyway. More than it used to granted with all the little perks that come with it like trace capacity. Other then that, meh.

3 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Yet here I am still at MR21.

Mastery don't mean jack anyway. More than it used to granted with all the little perks that come with it like trace capacity. Other then that, meh.

OOF. I feel ya, I'm still at MR16. I quit around the release of Loki Prime and I just start playing again this year.

Just now, DishSoap said:

OOF. I feel ya, I'm still at MR16. I quit around the release of Loki Prime and I just start playing again this year.

Welcome back. Unless you can be bothered to power grind MR with whatever the new leveling meta is then its a slow, grind. But I'm glad I'm not forced to much to play with weapons/frames I don't enjoy and more options like K drives are around for more passive MR leveling.

I have to agree. It shouldn't have mastery tied to them if I'm being real honest it would be a crime to keep it this way. The fastest/easiest way to get around in fortuna at least is archwing. There are far too many mountains that make k-drive just a fun little thing to do on the side so unless it's used for some grander purpose down the line it just serves no purpose to tie mastery to such a thing is a real waste. 

3 hours ago, Toran said:

A bit too late to ask that... you'd only piss off millions of players who already invested the time to master all three K-Drives specifically for MR affinity.

Futile discussion.

I'll be on my way to getting the third board and I'd personally approve if they removed mastery. ( Just saying this as someone who isn't salty because they haven't unlocked anything yet.) If K-drives parts were more than cosmetic then I'd agree. I don't plan on putting forma in these things and I know that's just me but this feels unfinished so unless there is something they haven't implemented yet, it doesn't seem like they put a lot of thought in this. So if they release a new board it's not like a weapon with different stats or anything you're putting xp into and the thought of gaining xp from a board that is no different than another except visually feels weird. Have different boards that turn, boost, or whatever differently then I'd understand it. Just my opinion.

I don't mind it having a mastery but my god the grind to get it to max is a pain, it's just too low a return and seeing the numbers pop up at 4x the amount you receive is just 'insulting' our intelligence imo. 

I still haven't even levelled up my first board (bought that with plat... it was cheap) because to put it simply, I use my archwing to get around due to the fact it takes ages on a k-drive because usually it needs to go around stuff.

The whole point of this thread is that some miserable bar stewards begrudge others the affinity they already got and hide it behind some stupid arguments you can counter with any other nonsense in Warframe.

"They're cosmetic!" - so are some Warframes, Archwings, Sentinels and Weapons
"They don't involve skill" - so doesn't hanging around at Sedna.
"They aren't used in combat" - level them and add the K-Drive combat mods
"I don't plan to forma them" - guess what? Same goes to 90% of my arsenal
"The grind is insulting our intelligence" - then show some intelligence and don't grind. Who said you have to do it in one go or at all? I restricted it to daily Vent Kids standing.

If you care for Mastery Affinity, you don't give a damn about how it's obtained - you're just happy there's a new option to raise it.

If you're MR26, you have absolutely no reason to moan here, you probably did already far worse stuff in the past (Khora, Sibear, Hema to just name a few).

And if you're not MR26, what's the point? You obviously don't care as much about MR affinity. So just skip the whole affair or build that one K-Drive that suits your taste.

Consider K-Drive affinity as anything in Warframe: an option.