Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit Taker Fight [Spoilers]

BallisticSalsa

So after doing the fights a couple of times some things have become pretty clear.

1. Bring a variety of damage types.  The more you have the more consistent the damage is during Shield Phase.

2.  Someone needs to stay dedicated to handling adds and knocking down poles.  Adds can get out of hand  and will knock people around.  Same person can chase down pylons. Nezha seems to work fine here though I did it on both trin and inaros without issue. Mesa would probably end up being ideal. And on that note.

3.  Keep the alert level down. Null bubbles and bouncing grenades hurt.

4.  Once you get your archgun out don't switch it out unless you have no other choice.  10 minute cooldown.  You can still melee but given the ammo restrictions it's best to melee annoying adds and conserve the ammo for the orb.

5.  One shot Velocitus Chroma is coming. Mirage could do it but she's not sturdy enough.  

Gara seems to do really well as well being able to pass her DR and nuking adds pretty fast. Volt could do well here. Plenty of adds to nuke but the fight doesn't allow you to be as static as in eidolons.

So now I have to level an archwing weapon to fight a raid boss...goddamnit DE this was not necessary. WHY? Just why? At least explain to me why I need to do this? What dumbass thought this was a good idea? Archwing is awful and now you shoehorn it into content that might have been good. I'm not even bothering with Fortuna now. DE ruins everything with Warframe...yet again.

I read an article that said it was supposed to be like oceans 11 with more action. I call that a fail. ey wanted stratagy not bullet spong. Fail again. Its a bullet spong with a gimmick called...wait for it... damage resistance phases! well thats so much better than invulnerable phases! More or less cant properly solo. Some of us only solo due to poor internet or that fact that we hate other humans. So basically it is an Eidolon hunt with 4 legs and a timer. The worst invention ever concocted is timed phases!

Ok, amps have a use in this fight. If you don't have the necessary elemental type of damage to hurt it(like gas/heat/etc etc) in your loadout, just blast it once with your amp and it would cycle its weakness to another elemental, there is a small window of 3 to 5 sec before you can cycle it again. (You will know it worked cuz the shield will flare up).

You can see the weakness at any time by looking at the holo in front of its head.

6 minutes ago, TalonBlue said:

So now I have to level an archwing weapon to fight a raid boss...goddamnit DE this was not necessary. WHY? Just why? At least explain to me why I need to do this? What dumbass thought this was a good idea? Archwing is awful and now you shoehorn it into content that might have been good. I'm not even bothering with Fortuna now. DE ruins everything with Warframe...yet again.

Your petulance aside having massive hueg guns is amazing.

4 minutes ago, mrbubblepants said:

I read an article that said it was supposed to be like oceans 11 with more action. I call that a fail. ey wanted stratagy not bullet spong. Fail again. Its a bullet spong with a gimmick called...wait for it... damage resistance phases! well thats so much better than invulnerable phases! More or less cant properly solo. Some of us only solo due to poor internet or that fact that we hate other humans. So basically it is an Eidolon hunt with 4 legs and a timer. The worst invention ever concocted is timed phases!

It's much harder than an eidolon.

1 minute ago, BallisticSalsa said:

So what were you expecting?

More importantly have you actually done the fight?

i was expecting something different something new. Not sure what which is why i dont get paid to make games. I want something to stand out and go" hey look over hear im shiny and different try me"! Regardless of how small that "new" maybe, its still something a step so to speak.

5 minutes ago, mrbubblepants said:

i was expecting something different something new. Not sure what which is why i dont get paid to make games. I want something to stand out and go" hey look over hear im shiny and different try me"! Regardless of how small that "new" maybe, its still something a step so to speak.

That's understandable to be honest.

In terms of "new" the whole questline does add in  bunches fo small new things.  Fishing as a quest thing, multiple assassinations at once, synchronized switch pushing across the map, grounded archwing weapons, etc.

The boss fight is ultimately a boss fight. But it is more complicated requiring observation of your surroundings and what the boss is doing, you'll have to build differently at the very least, it reminds me of WoW raid bosses tbh.  By contrast eidolon mostly comes down to "spam amp, shoot thing, hit 3 or 4 every once in a while.

Actually forget it. I know why.

"How we can subversively generate some platinum sales this holiday season?"

"Here's an idea. No one plays Archwing content, and no likes upgrading Archwing weapons because no one plays those missions. So lets create an artificial need for Archwing weapons in our newest piece of content. Some people will want to avoid the grind and the hassle of syndicate gating that locks those Archwing weapons behind a wall, and not to mention the crafting time (HAHAHA) and go straight to the in game store. Best of all we don't have to pay the artists to make something new!"

28 minutes ago, BallisticSalsa said:

That's understandable to be honest.

In terms of "new" the whole questline does add in  bunches fo small new things.  Fishing as a quest thing, multiple assassinations at once, synchronized switch pushing across the map, grounded archwing weapons, etc.

The boss fight is ultimately a boss fight. But it is more complicated requiring observation of your surroundings and what the boss is doing, you'll have to build differently at the very least, it reminds me of WoW raid bosses tbh.  By contrast eidolon mostly comes down to "spam amp, shoot thing, hit 3 or 4 every once in a while.

In all honesty, it could be fine with some tweaking. 

The terrain makes the fight harder then it has to be (both physically and the Orb's aoe effects are harder to see on the snow). The rate of respawns and the frequency of some of the Orb's abilities. 

DE does not beta test their content, never has. Content goes live and they fix and tweak as we go. That's the way it has always been and I expect several changes throughout the week.

10 minutes ago, BallisticSalsa said:

Something I'd like someone to test out with their friends.

Camp on top the giant mushrooms in a frost bubble or something.  The taller the better.

Good cover against adds.  Someone can snipe poles and saryn/mesa adds to get archwing ammo.

Well that's something I was thinking you would do with a Chroma and Volt. Have a Frost and someone else clearing add's and etc while you wait for shield phases and etc

Let's see. I've failed 3 times to do Phase 4. The second time, I didn't have my Heavy Weapon equipped because the Heavy Weapon is linked to a single Loadout, not universal like the Archwing or K-Drive, so I found out you can have the launcher equipped but if you didn't equip the Heavy Weapon to that SPECIFIC loadout, you don't have a Heavy Weapon.

Seriously, **** this. I was okay with the fight, right up until it goes into the final 3rd with a time limit they don't actually show you on screen. And by then, I'm half dead and now I'm just pissed off that I can do sorties just fine, but if I want to do this, it's more annoying than Tridelon hunting. Tri's were fine, but seriously, it gets boring quick and frustrating. This is even worst.

And don't take Rhino. His armor gets ripped to shreds by... whatever is out there. If the enemy see him, you're going to lose your armor quick.

3 minutes ago, Endriago-Hunter said:

Well that's something I was thinking you would do with a Chroma and Volt. Have a Frost and someone else clearing add's and etc while you wait for shield phases and etc

I'd have all 4 sit up there.  Forces adds to come to your murder shroom and lets everyone benefit from volt shield.   This way you can take advantage of less tanky frames damage potential.  Potentially even use a mirage instead of chroma as their damage.

1 minute ago, BallisticSalsa said:

I'd have all 4 sit up there.  Forces adds to come to your murder shroom and lets everyone benefit from volt shield.   This way you can take advantage of less tanky frames damage potential.  Potentially even use a mirage instead of chroma as their damage.

Not a terrible idea. Even a good Saryn if you can keep the Null bubbles under control.

1 minute ago, Salenstormwing said:

Seriously, **** this. I was okay with the fight, right up until it goes into the final 3rd with a time limit they don't actually show you on screen. 

It's in the top left by the mission objectives.  Might have bugged like a lot of bounty crap does.

Rhino worked fine for me.  Though I would focus more on his 3 and 4.