Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ivara might just secretly be the worst frame in the game, don't @ me

Space0ddity

47 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

@DatDarkOne

Thought you could use a good laugh @SpaceOddity expense. 

This topic and the reasons for it are just too damn stupid to bother replying to.  OP is obviously trolling to get upvotes while sadly spreading misinformation to newer players.  

A frame that can solo pretty much every single thing in the game as weak?  LMMFAO!!!

7 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

There are multiple parts to this and ill go over them one by one, making this succint and rapt.

1. what do her abilities even do?

She's got maybe the worst invis, a kinda terrible exalted weapon, a mostly useless 1, and a 2 that barely exists. Now what i'm saying just sounded like pure opinion, and something that deserves a downvote, but hear me out.

Lets consider the strongest attribute in warframe to be 'speed'. speed of moving, speed of killing, speed of dying. All three interact with eachother, interlocking to make warframe a speedrunning game. If speed of movement and killing is very fast, then the speed of dying should also be, and vice versa.

Ivara trades all this 'speed' for a set of gimmicks, tricks and tools to help her cheese missions.

This isnt bad by any means. some frames do well as just a walking bag of cheese, and we dont respect them any less. But i'm here to prove that she's terrible compared to modern warframes, and then say something that will shock you

2. why her abilities arent good

Lets start with her 1, its basically 4 arrows, two of which are weak cc, one is an invis, and another is dashwire. When you realize that her invis is only useful to protect afk saryns and revive lone wolves, it becomes useless when you get into a squad where the people are still human. And when you realize dashwire is clunky to change wires on, and provides a questionable damage buff, you realize how weak it really can be. Sure, extra crit damage is nice but theres a good chance you wont be able to effectively kill from up there on account of all the height, isolation, location, etc.

The fact that we didnt gain nullshield and some variant of encumber instead of the two weakest cc sources throws away a potential niche as anti-shield sortie too.

Then we have navigator. Navigator doesnt work for hitscan, which throws almost all the weapon pool away, and makes you choose only one artemis bow arrow. Navigator also requires a highly specific punchthrough build to actually kill more than one person too. This turns this ability into an unusable one that doesnt work on maybe half of your builds unless you want to abandon mod slots.

Prowl, is essentially an invis that trades speed for....... wait for it, single target desecrate. If you want to actually make use of the downsides, you also need to sacrifice a mod slot for it too. You cant use energy pizzas, you cant counteract 1 energy per second without decloaking either.

And artemis bow is extremely easy to wave away when you consider that at most it can only kill a straight line's worth of enemies in a massive crowd. A complete inability to kill more than a few people makes this no better than a tigris, and despite all the damage it can deal, arguably the worst exalted weapon. Low survivability also becomes a hindrance when you're playing a tridolon, which is potentially the only place an extremely single target weapon can work on, and even then its not counting the fact that it behaves like a shotgun, not a sniper.

3. the consequences

Ivara to stealth frames is like Wukong to tank frames, a strange collection of gimmicks and cheese that is completely useless and redundant in a squad. when Wukong finally gets replaced by a better Wukong, she will take the throne of the worst frame.

But in a sense, that's fine. I like her this way, despite all her faults and I dont want the faults changed. Her weaknesses are part of her identity, and maybe represent the ideal state of warframe power levels. But if i can pin down a change, she could do more for a squad than this, and maybe drop some health orbs or give people energy, at least better than her prowl can.

Let me explain why your points doesn't make much sense:

1) While Speed may not be the stuff for Ivara, there's times where the speed should partially be replaced with thinking. Take for example the spy missions: You have to calculate when a camera or a regulator/spectator points a certain zone, when the green corpus lasers will drop, or even be careful to not alert enemies. Even the rescue missions has that, unless they're invasion or sorties: you require patience, and strike enemies at a certain moment, before you're seen.

2) Let's see... Sleep is a CC thing, right? Then why you say that is weak?

About navigator, try using a good build where you can launch Zenistar's disk and annihilate enemies.

Prowl... You do realize that there's an augment mod that allows Ivara to not be detected by lasers? Limbo can pass lasers while in the rift, but can still be seen, while Loki and Ash cannot be seen and cannot go through beams without touching them. Ivara can easily go past those problems with a simple augment mod.

and Artemis Bow... Again, there's an augment mod that fires one arrow, and causes an explosion if said hit was an Headshot.

3)Because of course, speed is really that important during Spy missions...

What if you randomly screw something in a sortie?

You're wrong Vauban is the worst frame. Ivara is good;

1st ability; has AOE sleep which is busted in every mission except tridolons, an AOE invis may not be good for team mates but great for when you want to use an alarming weapon without breaking your invisibility from prowl, noise arrow isn't that good in squad play but helps controlling enemy flow, and dash wire which speeds up travelling and adds CD with the augment (which is extremely powerful on weapons that can reach 100%+ crit chance).

2nd; use with concentrated arrow on a dash wire with this and you can guarantee headshots (if you get good) and clear rooms with it.

3rd; an infinite duration invisibility (through energy orbs dropped by enemies) that also gives extra loot at the cost of speed; which doesn't matter cause you can use the augment or, you know, ROLL.

4th; you fail to notice that it is ALWAYS at max power unlike normal bows so you can spam it, and, unlike other exalted weapons; drains energy per shot not per second which means you can always have it out. Also, concentrated arrow turns this into a monster especially because range mods and strength mods power up the explosions caused from headshots.

Sure there are some lack luster things such as noise arrow and invis arrow but every thing else is good if not great. Also, just because she's not the best at tridolons doesn't mean she's bad/the worst.

8 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

She's got maybe the worst invis, a kinda terrible exalted weapon

She has the best invis for melee-focused playstyles (she was THE focus farming meta before ESO) and a perfectly fine Exalted Weapon. If you don't want people to @ you, don't spout off nonsense

16 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

There are multiple parts to this and ill go over them one by one, making this succint and rapt.

1. what do her abilities even do?

She's got maybe the worst invis, a kinda terrible exalted weapon, a mostly useless 1, and a 2 that barely exists. Now what i'm saying just sounded like pure opinion, and something that deserves a downvote, but hear me out.

Lets consider the strongest attribute in warframe to be 'speed'. speed of moving, speed of killing, speed of dying. All three interact with eachother, interlocking to make warframe a speedrunning game. If speed of movement and killing is very fast, then the speed of dying should also be, and vice versa.

Ivara trades all this 'speed' for a set of gimmicks, tricks and tools to help her cheese missions.

This isnt bad by any means. some frames do well as just a walking bag of cheese, and we dont respect them any less. But i'm here to prove that she's terrible compared to modern warframes, and then say something that will shock you

2. why her abilities arent good

Lets start with her 1, its basically 4 arrows, two of which are weak cc, one is an invis, and another is dashwire. When you realize that her invis is only useful to protect afk saryns and revive lone wolves, it becomes useless when you get into a squad where the people are still human. And when you realize dashwire is clunky to change wires on, and provides a questionable damage buff, you realize how weak it really can be. Sure, extra crit damage is nice but theres a good chance you wont be able to effectively kill from up there on account of all the height, isolation, location, etc.

The fact that we didnt gain nullshield and some variant of encumber instead of the two weakest cc sources throws away a potential niche as anti-shield sortie too.

Then we have navigator. Navigator doesnt work for hitscan, which throws almost all the weapon pool away, and makes you choose only one artemis bow arrow. Navigator also requires a highly specific punchthrough build to actually kill more than one person too. This turns this ability into an unusable one that doesnt work on maybe half of your builds unless you want to abandon mod slots.

Prowl, is essentially an invis that trades speed for....... wait for it, single target desecrate. If you want to actually make use of the downsides, you also need to sacrifice a mod slot for it too. You cant use energy pizzas, you cant counteract 1 energy per second without decloaking either.

And artemis bow is extremely easy to wave away when you consider that at most it can only kill a straight line's worth of enemies in a massive crowd. A complete inability to kill more than a few people makes this no better than a tigris, and despite all the damage it can deal, arguably the worst exalted weapon. Low survivability also becomes a hindrance when you're playing a tridolon, which is potentially the only place an extremely single target weapon can work on, and even then its not counting the fact that it behaves like a shotgun, not a sniper.

3. the consequences

Ivara to stealth frames is like Wukong to tank frames, a strange collection of gimmicks and cheese that is completely useless and redundant in a squad. when Wukong finally gets replaced by a better Wukong, she will take the throne of the worst frame.

But in a sense, that's fine. I like her this way, despite all her faults and I dont want the faults changed. Her weaknesses are part of her identity, and maybe represent the ideal state of warframe power levels. But if i can pin down a change, she could do more for a squad than this, and maybe drop some health orbs or give people energy, at least better than her prowl can.

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. We shouldn't even be giving this post attention.  smh

Thanks man i had a realy bad start of day and you made it better.

The ability to have infinite energy and control an area without being detected , also being the best fisher-women and preservation master ( mistress ? )

The weird ability to control the zenistar disc for an obscur reason makes it super funny !

The ultimate spy cheese 

And finaly a fairly good dps with her Bow well used if combined with Mag on giant target.

Well yeah worst is all up to personal point of view.

Edited by trunks013

1 minute ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I can sorta agree cos she can be kinda put on Infiltrate augment, go invisible, done.

But then I think of all the rivens that she has unlocked for me and I think I might've gone mad by now without her.

Oh, and fishing. Can't forget fishing. No idea how anyone fishes with any other frame.

Oh ever tryed volt brother ?

Try it you can fish anything with anything !

9 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

It's not the frames' ability to kill fish that I'm referring to.

It's avoiding any aggro that's Ivara's strength during fishing.

Yeah that and also being able to literaly make a spider web above lake with dashwires.

But volt its not realy killing them but more like catching them. Its just hilarious ^.^ 

Still ivara ftw ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013