Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime Toggle Removal -- RESOLVED!

[DE]Taylor

=== UPDATE: Jan 9, 2019! ===

Following today's PC update, the toggle has been re-added and should work as other Prime Toggles now.

Thanks for your patience and feedback. :) 

===UPDATE: Dec 19 @ 12:45pm===

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience and understanding as we get this sorted! As of the PC hotfix this morning, the toggle has officially been removed. 

Removing the toggle was the first step as we investigated alternatives. Since this is the first time we’ve experienced this issue with a Prime, we weren’t sure of the timeline, especially with the holidays just around the corner. But, good news, a solution has been found!

Basically, we have taken Prime details from Mesa Prime and have attached them to her base model -- this altered base model will be used instead of the Mesa Prime model for the toggle. Since this is the first time an alternative model is being used for the toggle, extra set up may be required, but we are hoping to get this out soon.

TL;DR: the toggle will return, and will no longer cause broken textures!

====================

Hi Tenno,

If you’ve managed to get your hands on Mesa Prime already, you might have noticed some strange effects when using her toggled Prime Details on her TennoGen skins. This currently is the Toggle Prime Details function working as intended: her base and Prime models are so different that the Prime Details don’t line up properly. 

Unfortunately there is no easy fix, so for the time being we are removing the Toggle for Mesa Prime specifically. You’ll still be able to use TennoGen skins on Mesa Prime, just without the Prime Details!

Thank you to everyone who reported this, and thank you for your understanding. We’ll do our due diligence for future Primes to turn off the toggle prior to release if model discrepancies make the toggle unusable. 

:community:

EDIT: I am amending this post to offer more clarity, since a few Tenno are fairly drawing parallels to a similar bug that happened with Valkyr Prime and Vauban Prime.

The issue with Valkyr Prime details (and other texture issues with Primes) is completely separate from the issue here. Those were set up incorrectly and were a bug -- Mesa's are set up properly, but that's not the cause of this issue unfortunately. We have never had this problem come up with Prime details on a TennoGen skin since previous Primes stayed fairly true to the original Warframe's model. This is the first time that Prime and the original model are so different that the Prime details simply don't line up properly, resulting in the texture problems that are currently live. 

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added update
  • Like 7

Simply not acceptable.

I hope we can get either a clarification or news about a fix soon. This feels bad, considering precedent and real money being involved, often not inconsequential amounts.

Edited by Modcomplex
Reworded to be less rude.
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We’ll do our due diligence for future Primes to turn off the toggle prior to release if model discrepancies make the toggle unusable. 

I mean, you guys create the models, so I don't understand the wording here. Not to be rude of course.
Shouldn't the standard be to fix it before releasing it instead of being to toggle them off afterward?

• Like 1

This is rather disappointing. It doesn't feel good buying a nice tennogen skin, but then you cant use it because a new prime came out.  I wont be buying any tennogen until I know I can use it on the frames I want.  I sincerely hope this decision is reconsidered.

Edited by WinterLynx
  • Like 1

I'm not sure removing is a good solution, there are potentially some cool design you can achieve with that and just removing it because it's not good for now doesn't sound like a great idea to me.
If it look bad, most of players just won't use it, kinda like almost all Frost helmets look bad on deluxe skin, so keep it as an option for people who can achieve great designs with it until it's fixed is probably better.

• Like 2

vor 19 Minuten schrieb [DE]Taylor:

Unfortunately there is no easy fix, so for the time being we are removing the Toggle for Mesa Prime specifically. You’ll still be able to use TennoGen skins on Mesa Prime, just without the Prime Details!

Until this gets reverted and the skins fixed this means i will no longer buy tennogen skin for frames because that tells me that i will get screwed if i do so. I sure hope this "for the time being" means until Mesa's tennogen gets fixed for her prime details. 

That is really messed up because the plan is to prime every warframe. So are you saying we shouldnt buy tennogen anymore because f us if we want to use the skins we buy with the upgraded version of a frame?

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

You’ll still be able to use TennoGen skins on Mesa Prime, just without the Prime Details!

It's as if no one is reading this sentence right here. You can still use tennogen skins on Mesa Prime, they're just temporarily removing the prime detail toggle until they fix it. Chill out folks.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Just now, SoulEchelon said:

It's as if no one is reading this sentence right here. Youc an still use tennogen skins on Mesa, they're just temporarily removing the prime detail toggle until they fix it. Chill out folks.

We know. People want to use the Tennogen skins with Prime Details, that's the whole point.

Edited by myuushii
  • Like 4

Just now, SoulEchelon said:

It's as if no one is reading this sentence right here. Youc an still use tennogen skins on Mesa, they're just temporarily removing the prime detail toggle until they fix it. Chill out folks.

The bolded part is not stated directly. Wish there was more clarity on whether they will fix it at some point, especially if it is a difficult fix...

• Like 2

Tennogen costs money. Price Access costs money. Removal due to requiring work seems like a poor excuse - assuming I am interpreting this correctly. If there are plans to fix it, it would be good to state that, since raids were stated to be removed until they could be fixed.

Edited by Neightrix
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

It's as if no one is reading this sentence right here. You can still use tennogen skins on Mesa Prime, they're just temporarily removing the prime detail toggle until they fix it. Chill out folks.

The problem is that they haven't actually said they'll fix it. I hope they do though.

• Like 1

Just now, Amontadillo said:

The problem is that they haven't actually said they'll fix it. I hope they do though.

31 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Unfortunately there is no easy fix, so for the time being we are removing the Toggle for Mesa Prime specifically

For The Time Being = temporary. It's going to be fixed, just not immediately seeing as it's a modeling issue that will need more than just a few 1's and 0's being changed.

4 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Yet there are multiple people screaming how they can't use their tennogens AT ALL. Typical kneejerk reactions without actually reading the post in question.

People paid to customize. And I imagine there a plenty of people who like Mesa a lot just paid 40-100 bucks for Prime and own Tennogen which they can't combine. Now they get a post saying "get f*ked" (like some other questionable changes in this update) until they can be bothered to fix it, which you know, can be now or never considering they just remove it altogether instead of saying they are working on a fix (remember raids). 

Edited by myuushii

Just now, myuushii said:

People paid to customize. And I imagine there a plenty of people who like Mesa a lot just paid 40-100 bucks for Prime and own Tennogen which they can't combine. Now they get a post saying "get f*ked" (like some other questionable changes in this update) until they can be bothered to fix it, which you, can be now or never considering they just remove it altogether instead of saying they are working on a fix (remember raids).  Kubrow hair is also still f*ked and its been months.

Sounds like you just came from Brozime's stream, who's making a huge hissy fit and screaming random assumptions. DE isn't saying "get f*cked". They're saying "Sorry, fixing this won't be immediate so please be patient while we do so."

5 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

For The Time Being = temporary. It's going to be fixed, just not immediately seeing as it's a modeling issue that will need more than just a few 1's and 0's being changed.

It's not stated. It's only implied. Which isn't super reassuring.

• Like 1