Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime Toggle Removal -- RESOLVED!

[DE]Taylor

You want the easiest fix that applies to both parties?

Make a prime details subset that isn't the exact prime mesh, but allows tennogen skins to still utilize prime detailing.

Essentially, make a few golden light detailing that gets turned on to override the body mesh that will work with the tennogen skin. And if you turn the prime details off, then you get basic tennogen.

This way we get the prime mesh in all it's glory, the simplified prime tennogen mesh, and basic tennogen on the default unprimed mesh.

If you take away prime details for tennogen, your asking for a lot of negative feedback for the foreseeable future, as it's a huge aspect of customization that people love.

20 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

===UPDATE: Dec 19 @ 12:45pm===

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience and understanding as we get this sorted! As of the PC hotfix this morning, the toggle has officially been removed. 

Removing the toggle was the first step as we investigated alternatives. Since this is the first time we’ve experienced this issue with a Prime, we weren’t sure of the timeline, especially with the holidays just around the corner. But, good news, a solution has been found!

Basically, we have taken Prime details from Mesa Prime and have attached them to her base model -- this altered base model will be used instead of the Mesa Prime model for the toggle. Since this is the first time an alternative model is being used for the toggle, extra set up may be required, but we are hoping to get this out soon.

TL;DR: the toggle will return, and will no longer cause broken textures!

Quoting for visibility!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Quoting for visibility!

Question. Will the mesh Mesa Prime herself use, as in, with no skins at all, have any changes? Or are you adding a third, unique model to keep TennoGen compatibility on top of the other 2 (default + Prime)?

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it was option 2 upon rereading.

Whoever came up with this deserves a good X-mas gift.

Edited by NightmareT12

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Question. Will the mesh Mesa Prime herself use, as in, with no skins at all, have any changes? Or are you adding a third, unique model to keep TennoGen compatibility on top of the other 2 (default + Prime)?

It sounds like when toggled on, what they did was took the Prime details and placed them on her reg model/tennogen. So when toggled you see prime details appear on her base/tennogen. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

This new model is only used when the "show prime details" toggle is turned on. It doesn't affect anything else.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Rannulf said:

The precedent for primes thus far has been set, and that precedent is "All Primes are able to use their prime details on their tennogen skins, or they can turn them off." You see, that last part is important here, for you specifically, because YOU can turn them off if you don't like them. But screw the people who do want them, right? Screw the people who took money out of their wallet to support an DE, and an artist they clearly liked the work of, right? Mind-boggling.

For every primed warframe to be able to use their primed details with their tennogen except Mesa Prime is a slap in the face not only to everyone who loves Mesa, but to everyone who loves Mesa and were looking forward to using their Tennogen skins on Mesa Prime with ALL of the bells and whistles that came with every other Primed Warframe.

For you to say that you're okay with this shows a serious lack of foresight on your part, especially since DE already had an option for people like who you "don't want primed details on their tennogen" with the inclusion of the toggle feature. Encouraging DE to take options away from other people is not just mind-boggling, but it's actively counterproductive to your own interests. DE isn't going to get praise and support by undermining the standards they've already set for themselves, and they're certainly not going to encourage the community to buy primed access or tennogen if they're not willing to provide the proper support for either.

Sure you could keep the toggle then but the skins look like garbage with the meshes, so.

I also don’t expect DE to make bland prime models with only slight metal bits added in, as I like the more artistic direction they’re taking with Primes in making them stand out.

Oh and guess what, I’ll still buy both PA and Tennogen, because I like both and like to support both. :I

I’m actually worried from the sound of things that they may change Mesa Prime’s model entirely to work with Tennogen skins, and I think that’s a terrible idea since Mesa Prime looks amazing as is.

Edited by WingedCrusade

20 hours ago, Amontadillo said:

I'm not sure where you see me screaming. If you can point me to it, I'll edit it out for you.

I'm not saying it "means they're removing it". I'm saying we can't know. That's all. Shouldn't be that hard to understand. I hope it doesn't mean that. But we doN't know until it happens. That's the whole issue here.

FYI. So you know. Now you can relax. Oh and I told you so. 

Edit: and tell your buddy brozime to chill out too. Geez he is overreaction much. 

21 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience and understanding as we get this sorted! As of the PC hotfix this morning, the toggle has officially been removed. 

Removing the toggle was the first step as we investigated alternatives. Since this is the first time we’ve experienced this issue with a Prime, we weren’t sure of the timeline, especially with the holidays just around the corner. But, good news, a solution has been found!

Basically, we have taken Prime details from Mesa Prime and have attached them to her base model -- this altered base model will be used instead of the Mesa Prime model for the toggle. Since this is the first time an alternative model is being used for the toggle, extra set up may be required, but we are hoping to get this out soon.

====================

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

7 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

I’m actually worried from the sound of things that they may change Mesa Prime’s model entirely to work with Tennogen skins, and I think that’s a terrible idea since Mesa Prime looks amazing as is. 

Reread well: They add a 3rd, independent model that will only be used when TennoGen + Prime Details are used. Mesa Prime keeps her own, unique, mesh for Mesa Prime 🙂 To make it clearer:

Meshes Mesa will have:

• Base -> Base frame, TennoGen without details (as is)
  • Deluxe -> Deluxe skin (untouched)
  • Prime -> Mesa Prime (as is, untouched)
  • Base+Prime -> Mesa Prime + TennoGen Skin + Prime toggle (new)
Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hi all, 

Thank you for working to fix it. For future reference, being clear about working on fixing a problem, or wanting to "investigate alternative fixes" to the problem will put your user base more at ease than only acknowledging that there is a problem. We do appreciate the work the team does, we just like to be reassured that the problems we have are being taken care of.

9 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Reread well: They add a 3rd, independent model that will only be used when TennoGen + Prime Details are used. Mesa Prime keeps her own, unique, mesh for Mesa Prime 🙂 To make it clearer:

Meshes Mesa will have:

• Base -> Base frame, TennoGen without details (as is)
  • Deluxe -> Deluxe skin (untouched)
  • Prime -> Mesa Prime (as is, untouched)
  • Base+Prime -> Mesa Prime + TennoGen Skin + Prime toggle (new)

Oh. Okay, that’s a good idea, I’m fine with this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-12-18 at 4:43 PM, Amontadillo said:

there you go then.

Happy now? See why I was worried? Notice how it turns out I was right to be worried? Yeah.

" The ‘Toggle Prime Details’ has been added back to Mesa Prime! The team has made improvements towards the blending of both Mesa TennoGen Skins and her Prime Details.  "

Turned out you were wrong, and I was right. There was no reason to be worried, and no reason to freak out when DE specifically stated they were working on it in the first place.

Edited by SoulEchelon