Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert StatiBoi

Mr_Priest

Not me :laugh:

Honestly don't care for weapons that are too powerful for too little cost. Every weapon should have a drawback, that don't have a reason to not use it. Even the most powerful weapons in the game should have some reason to think twice about deploying it -  for example, the Tigris Prime and Strun Wraith have reload issues, Tiggy Prime spends more time reloading than firing and Strun Wraith force a hefty downtime. Both are extremely powerful but you might be more comfortable with a weapon with less power.

Balance is important, even in a PvE game since it's important for keeping the game engaging to play. A weapon with no drawbacks is antithetical to this.

I, for one, am glad that I can use literally any other secondary weapon without feeling like I'm gimping myself.

The self-damage thing is stupid, though. Staticor's projectiles are slow as hell, and the absolute last thing it needed was to discourage players from using it at close range.
Instead of changing it from "disgustingly OP" to "a perfectly viable option", DE did a DE and hammered it all the way down to "godawful unless you're literally invincible".

39 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Not me :laugh:

Honestly don't care for weapons that are too powerful for too little cost. Every weapon should have a drawback, that don't have a reason to not use it. Even the most powerful weapons in the game should have some reason to think twice about deploying it -  for example, the Tigris Prime and Strun Wraith have reload issues, Tiggy Prime spends more time reloading than firing and Strun Wraith force a hefty downtime. Both are extremely powerful but you might be more comfortable with a weapon with less power.

Balance is important, even in a PvE game since it's important for keeping the game engaging to play. A weapon with no drawbacks is antithetical to this.

where are all spin to win nerfs,ignis etc.? lets make staticor unplayable xd 

7 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

I, for one, am glad that I can use literally any other secondary weapon without feeling like I'm gimping myself.

The self-damage thing is stupid, though. Staticor's projectiles are slow as hell, and the absolute last thing it needed was to discourage players from using it at close range.
Instead of changing it from "disgustingly OP" to "a perfectly viable option", DE did a DE and hammered it all the way down to "godawful unless you're literally invincible".

The charged projectile moves pretty fast now. 

But yeah, I don't know why fixing an unintended boost to uncharged AoE also involved adding self-damage to a weapon that never had it.

8 hours ago, Mr_Priest said:

Who is with me ? xD

I would be, honestly cos I really enjoyed the 8m AOE. But there would be no real point anyway. Players would be complaining all over again and DE would make the weapon even less usable. I'm just glad the nerf crowd got what they 'wanted' or maybe not. 

Edited by Azrael_V