trying to make the horns reminiscent of lightning bolts and plugs

7EGoLTz.png

horns will get some minor detail

A6iXMCe.png

t5dHvae.png

Y1rcHw0.png

v4o5Wfs.png

still at it, any pointers/crit?

also,I want to try and make this one after, when i feel more of a proficient Zbrush jockey (tesla hat)

LVzGuds.png

Edited by Friitian
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

They're all broken links.  Do you have a link directly to the Steam Workshop?

huh, i'm hosting them through imgur, no idea why that isn't working (is there a specific way i need to link it?)

no steamworkshop yet, it's still very much WIP

does that one work?

hopefully that fixed it

Edited by Friitian

trying to make the teeth more abstract, like circuitboard connector plates

svF1IZJ.png

rqKnBQJ.png

also regarding effects, is it possible to get a scrolling texture plane between the horns in a jacobs ladder style effect?

zm9x3AR.png

5 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

I can see that you are good in 3D ,but last art helmet is like teshin? If it is then yes we need that in the game for,Volt,Ash,Excal (umbra) and maye for Harrow... 😏👍🍻

kind of, i was aiming for an asian style straw hat, with a little tesla coil on top

4Ys2Rao.png

1 hour ago, Friitian said:

trying to make the teeth more abstract, like circuitboard connector plates

svF1IZJ.png

rqKnBQJ.png

also regarding effects, is it possible to get a scrolling texture plane between the horns in a jacobs ladder style effect?

zm9x3AR.png

kind of, i was aiming for an asian style straw hat, with a little tesla coil on top

4Ys2Rao.png

Yea I see that and I liked...and big like because of that but you can add electric effect around that coil circle. So that is not just like some random angel donut on top 😁😏👍 and yea I hope to see more....

low poly is sorted and UVed

currently figuring out the shader stuff in substance

5ceaHAi.png

6Afl7nb.png

On 2018-12-25 at 9:52 AM, Kyotra said:

I love your idea, but those rounded back horns don't mesh well when the rest of the helmet is so sharp and angular.

ehh, you're not wrong, but I was aiming for that plug prong motif going on, and was originally going to hang dangly bits off them.

Edited by Friitian

57 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

If this is your first submission you need to complete your bank account information so that your item can be processed and made public.

thanks mate, i'll get right on that!

Nice job on this and im hoping to see soon your tesla hat helmet in 3D... that can bee your style for all future helmets. For example for: Ash,Excalibur,Frost,Ivara,Loki,Ember, Limbo,Harrow and maybe for Sayrin and Garuda in the future...

1 hour ago, ifrit said:

exploring some alterations to the design,

MzyOhUQ.jpg

1000% better because now he dont have circle in his forehead and shape of his head look more normal.... and I like helmet when are in direction for normal shape head. That's why I can easy imagine that is just human with some sci fi helmet.

Throwing my 2 cents in here.  I feel like a lot of Tennogen for Volt goes the blocky “Machine Shop” route and doesn’t address the dynamic flow of electricity as nature presents it.

The Original Volt and even the Prime have marvelous flow lines to them and are very organic.

Because you mentioned the Lightning Bolt piece on the Helm, I’d like to pint out that it seems like a hand tool/wrench or piece to a motherboard and would suggest considering this slight change:

oMUQQ3A.jpgThanks for reading and good job!

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 2