Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spiteful Account Correction

Zentimental

So upon purchasing the mesa prime access through steam, my account was given both the tier 2 and tier 3 prime accesses. Knowing it was not an intended transaction as such, i did not touch my platinum, no sell/remove the extra gear; Instead, I just started leveling my redeemer and akjagara primes. 

-The account 'correction' happened surprisingly fast and without notice. I had my redeemer and akjagaras on for leveling, went out on a mission and noticed my secondary and melee had been switched.
-Turns out the individual in charge of account correction, or whomever wrote the code for it, removed the ones I was actively leveling instead of the ones i left alone in my inventory. I feel like I was punished indirectly for something that was not my fault.:thinking:

Those items probably had unique tracking ids, and what happened is that you unfortunately decided to rank up the items from the prime access pack that you were not supposed to receive. I doubt anyone manually checked to see if you did try to level up said items, more like they started a script quickly when they realized you were handed things you shouldn't have, and that was the end of it. Bad luck, I say. Computers aren't spiteful (well, currently they're not, unless DE has a sentient AI we're not aware of).

I wouldn't call it spiteful, nor would I call it a punishment.
What happened is that they just didn't add in a check for level into their script, it just goes out and removes the extra items.  Doesn't matter if they have levels or anything else, it just basically flips a coin on which one to remove and removes that one.

You just happened to be unlucky and level the ones that were removed.  Basically getting the short end of a coin flip.