The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Question] Prime Warframesue

jackalthehyde

Question

So, Two questions:

1) What exactly is the advantage of prime? Are base stats different? 

2) How do we obtain prime blue prints? Are they all void only? Is there a guide on what warframe parts drop where?

Well, that turned out to be five questions, but still. I haven't really done void enough to know a lot about it and was hoping someone could help with these. <3 thanks.

Edited by jackalthehyde

7 answers to this question

1. Cosmetics. Depends. No real advantage. (Warframe)

Higher base stat. (Weapon)

2. Base stat, maybe with the exception of shield recharge, is identical (Warframe)

Base stat for Prime weapons tend to be higher than the original counterpart (Weapon)

3. With the exception of Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime, all other prime blueprints and components are available in the void.

4. Yes. Only in the Void.

5. Refer to the Warframe wiki:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Void_(Rewards)

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Edited by X3Evanescence

currently the only primes frames are Excalibur and Frost. The only difference is the colour patterns and theres a slot that comes with an extra polarity.  Mag is the next one to be primed.  I'm hoping that primes get a nice buff later on in the game. Because really the only reason to get one right now is to say you have it. Also if you blow off a top on a death laser in the void and crouch near the exposed Death Orb you get 100 energy

currently the only primes frames are Excalibur and Frost. The only difference is the colour patterns and theres a slot that comes with an extra polarity.  Mag is the next one to be primed.  I'm hoping that primes get a nice buff later on in the game. Because really the only reason to get one right now is to say you have it. Also if you blow off a top on a death laser in the void and crouch near the exposed Death Orb you get 100 energy

Actually you just have to go near it, you don't NEED to break any part of the death orb.

Edited by Ognava

Thank you all for the insight so far, I really appreciate it. Another thing, what level do you all recommend waiting until to actually go into the higher voids? Max I've done is T2 and I noticed a huge difference even then, but since then I've upped the ante a bit on my gear. Are T3s much more difficult?

Thank you all for the insight so far, I really appreciate it. Another thing, what level do you all recommend waiting until to actually go into the higher voids? Max I've done is T2 and I noticed a huge difference even then, but since then I've upped the ante a bit on my gear. Are T3s much more difficult?

Some of that depends on your skill level as a player. That being said, for most people, a high level frame with a reactor and some high level weapons with catalysts are almost a necessity. Having a sentinel is also very useful. There's a massive difficulty spike from T2 to T3 when solo since enemies range from level 50 to 120. I recommend enlisting a party for a few reasons:

- First of all, it obviously will be easier, you can watch each others backs, revive each other, and take down enemies together

- T3 void keys aren't so easy to find for less experienced players, and with more players you're more likely to succeed, so your key won't go to waste

- Everyone will get their share in loot and all will get rewards (Sharing is caring)

I will say though, many experienced players are able to finish most T3 missions completely solo, but again, for most, that likely requires some powerful mods and a couple of formas. :)

(By the way, I keep saying "for most people" because I'm afraid others will tell me I'm wrong for saying these things)

Edited by samcab

- T3 void keys aren't so easy to find for less experienced players, and with more players you're more likely to succeed, so your key won't go to waste

+1 to everything except for this. You can't waste keys, if you fail to retain the key until you succeed. You will, however, waste time should you not succeed and complete the mission.