Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

hair line malfunction

Vanhline

so i was really excited for the new hair options, more realistic alongside physics is a solid win!

HOWEVER!

something is very wrong...

firstly the hairline is WAY too thin, it needs either grater density or a backdrop behind it to stop it from looking like my teenage girl is suffering from a receding hair line.

5EHrdug.jpg

this brings me to issue number two, in that the hair line is WAY messed up... its suffering a hard angle and drops way below her actual hairline, some sprouting out of the middle of her forehead lol. this further exacerbates issue one as the skin tone makes a poor backdrop for the thin hairline. 

2LduIpZ.jpg

if this is fixed, several of these would be an easy buy but in their current state ill just stick with my old hair.

Edited by Vanhline

18 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Let's fix those links:

There you go, you must remove the HTTPS when you view the image, then copy that link (usually i.imgur without the https).

im not sure what the issue is, they work for me when i come here. if i remove the https then they dont work. ugh....

this is the link imgur give me [ img]https://i.imgur. com/5EHrdug.jpg[/img ] (added a few spaces to illustrate) if i remove the HTTPS:// then is doesnt work for me lol... 

1 minute ago, Vanhline said:

im not sure what the issue is, they work for me when i come here. if i remove the https then they dont work. ugh....

this is the link imgur give me [ img]https://i.imgur. com/5EHrdug.jpg[/img ] (added a few spaces to illustrate) if i remove the HTTPS:// then is doesnt work for me lol... 

You have to open it first as i.imgur.com/5EHrdug.jpg in your browser :3 Then copy that link here!

I found the new hairstyles pretty disappointing. I don't know if this is a mesh or a texture issue, but the hair appears to sit quite a distance above the head, revealing a "shaved head" textured" underneath. It has the feel of a hair-like helmet or hat on a lot of the new hairstyles.

The actual hair texture is also... Really weird. I think some of the afro/rasta hairstyles are intended to be curly so that's kind of to be expected, but a lot of even the straight hair looks like matted straw, kind of like a broom. I have the irresistible urge to yell at my operator to "Comb your damn hair!" like my mother used to do to me. If this is an attempt at realism, it's a tad TOO realistic. The issue with the existing Operator hair wasn't that it was unrealistic so much as that all we could choose from was stupid hair styles. I'd personally rather see a broader range of hair STYLES without switching over to the actual new hair TEXTURES.

10 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I found the new hairstyles pretty disappointing.

i feel like it wouldn't take allot to get them to happiness levels.
this seems allot like the operator suit mesh issue where its was launched to quick or not enough QA or something.
they're really close, in their current state they reflect very poorly on the game....

6 minutes ago, Vanhline said:

i feel like it wouldn't take allot to get them to happiness levels.
this seems allot like the operator suit mesh issue where its was launched to quick or not enough QA or something.
they're really close, in their current state they reflect very poorly on the game....

I don't know... The seam from the OP is going to take quite a bit of work to patch up, and I personally don't see myself being happy until they swap out to a different, less matted hair texture. In general, though, I'm starting to question modern games' attempts at making these complex overlapping slabs of hair texture. The old approach to using a single opaque texture with hair painted on it worked just fine and could still be animated or subjected to physics. Yes, real hair is messy with strands sticking every which way, but fake hair is both easier to make and looks neater.

4 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I don't know... 

i wouldn't expect to much of that.

as long as they pull the hairline back to where it should rightfully be, thickin up the hairline around the edges i think itll look 1000% better. 

DE is great at what they do and im sure this is just an oversight due to the scale of content they're working to give us right now. im confident they'll get it sorted. 

I agree that the hair line needs to be looked at. I really want to like the new hairstyles, but as is they just bother me for all the reasons listed by the OP. It sort of looks like yarn hair for a doll at best, and terrible hair plugs at worst.

I think having a separate color channel for the eye lashes could help out a lot as well.