Jump to content
  • 0

what are the best primary weapons for endurance runs?


(XBOX)Polargamersid
 Share

Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Just now, (XB1)Polargamersid said:

sobek

on viral with hunter munitions on armor stripping frames is insanely strong as well.

 

other than those you mentioned, Phantasma, Vaykor Hek, TIgris(on some frames) are the ones I use for endurance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

4 mandatory 60/6

by not doing this ^^

the build only works on frames like oberon or seeking ash. and kils lvl 500(highest I went) in seconds 🙂

another very useful thing for that is a riven with as much ms as you can get

RNCOHM0.jpg

Edited by Kyoresh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Zarr in 99% of cases build for either corrosive + hunter munitions or viral/gas + hunter munitions if you can strip armor (like with Ash). Usually paired with Pox for opposite elemental combo than your primary. Or Zakti for gas for Nullifiers.

Sobek is also good if you can get Riven with status so it can get 100% before multishot + Acid Shells.

Other great endurance weapon combo is Torid + Pox.

Though for example for Mag - Mara Detron is king for her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I mean, it's really what you like to play with.

Me personally I like: Tigris Prime, Tiberon Prime, Sybaris Prime

Rad/Viral on Tigris Prime shreds like hell (Riven still rolling)

Runnin' Corrosive Crit on Tiberon since, I like that I guess.

Sybaris Viral build + crit since I just like the kick you get from the fire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

As others have said zarr is a very solid weapon for endurance runs, other weapons I'd recommend are torid, lenz with hunter munitions, boar prime, strun wraith, amprex and phage. These are what I normally use.

When it comes to high level content, 180+ DoT weapons scale much better than raw damage due to status stacking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

by not doing this ^^

the build only works on frames like oberon or seeking ash. and kils lvl 500(highest I went) in seconds 🙂

another very useful thing for that is a riven with as much ms as you can get

RNCOHM0.jpg

Wait can you post a link to your build  

Edited by (XB1)Polargamersid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Sonar Banshee, any polearm or whip with Memeing and with Slash damage if possible, i use Orthos P/Secura Lecta, Euphona and Vectis P. (but inconsistent status procs makes my Vectis with a crit riven also inconsistent in damage against scaled armor, so you will probably find Tigris P to be easier to mod without much riven rolling if any, Sicarus P is also easy to mod for mainly Slash damage and procs)

Link Trinity, Abating Link, double Guardian Arcane, channeling and any high damage melee, not sure if combos have been nerfed yet, but last i checked they were good.

Harrow with Lasting Covenant and any crit heavy weapon.

Zenurik focus, or if you want to be a hipster, Madurai.

Or you can just cheese with Meme Equinox or Puddloid and energy restores with any weapon, but that's boring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Tigris Prime

TigrisPrime-750x336.jpg

Vectis Prime

VectisPrime-750x334.jpg

Rubico Prime

RubicoPrime-750x336.jpg

Quanta Vandal

QuantaVandal-750x337.jpg

Phantasma

Phantasma-750x336.jpg

snipers only work on some very specific Loadouts for Endurance, nothing you should recommend.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Polargamersid said:

Wait can you post a link to your build  

I will, the img Link seems broken, give me a Minute:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
56 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

snipers only work on some very specific Loadouts for Endurance, nothing you should recommend.

They're generally also considered a weapon category not for everyone, since some people don't enjoy using them at all...but that doesn't stop me from recommending whatever I like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, (XB1)Polargamersid said:

Wait what is a good replacement for the riven?

not much really ^^ as you kinda need that MS to get enough slash procs 😄 but sobek rivens arent that expensive or rare

2 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

They're generally also considered a weapon category not for everyone, since some people don't enjoy using them at all...but that doesn't stop me from recommending whatever I like.

but they are still no good recommendations as they perform poorly in endurance runs

Edited by Kyoresh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Endurance runs aren't just about the weapons you use though in some cases you have limited options. It's more about the synergy.

For instance Catchmoon scales like hot garbage against armor but using a Base damage build + Primed Expel Catchmoon on Garuda one-shots lvl 200's like nothing because the Base damage has been fluffed and Bane multiplies twice into DoT effects pushing 20-40k Bleed ticks.

Another example is using a very low base damage Crit weapon with Volt's Static Shield. I did a lvl 300 MoT run with a pre-buffed Amprex which also scaled like hot garbage at the time because his passive adds +1000 base damage to a weapon with like 20 base damage the resulting Bleed procs from Hunter's Munitions were ridiculous and still are.

A lot of options are up in the air based on what you're playing. In general you can find a little synergy in every frame to help you decide on a weapon to use however weapons with heavy status will scale well on armor, esp elemental based ones. How far you want to go towards status again depends on the frame. If the frame has damage boosting abilities you can go more status. If it doesn't then you need a good hybrid options of Damage / Status.

In general the only rule that really applies for weapon choices is ammo economy. Also AoE has more weight over single target by comparison but that doesn't mean you're stuck with only AoE. It just means if you go single target it better pump some serious damage. Commonly considered Endurance weapons are things like Zarr, Torrid, Sicarus Prime, Amprex, Akstiletto Prime, Lenz, Tigris Prime, Lanka, Sobek, Quanta V, Synapse, Sonicor, Staticor, Pox, Zakti, most kitguns and most melee but like I said I've used weapons that aren't normally considered endurance weapons thanks to synergy.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

but they are still no good recommendations as they perform poorly in endurance runs

Performance is also partially based on the person holding the weapon.
You're welcome to disagree, my recommendation doesn't change from your opinion. And anyone reading this is welcome to not use the weapons either. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Performance is also partially based on the person holding the weapon.
You're welcome to disagree, my recommendation doesn't change from your opinion. And anyone reading this is welcome to not use the weapons either. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I know, its probably your preference and thats fine, but my point still stands, recommending snipers without any kind of explanation is not really helpful.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Endurance runs aren't just about the weapons you use though in some cases you have limited options. It's more about the synergy.

For instance Catchmoon scales like hot garbage against armor but using a Base damage build + Primed Expel Catchmoon on Garuda one-shots lvl 200's like nothing because the Base damage has been fluffed and Bane multiplies twice into DoT effects pushing 20-40k Bleed ticks.

Another example is using a very low base damage Crit weapon with Volt's Static Shield. I did a lvl 300 MoT run with a pre-buffed Amprex which also scaled like hot garbage at the time because his passive adds +1000 base damage to a weapon with like 20 base damage the resulting Bleed procs from Hunter's Munitions were ridiculous and still are.

A lot of options are up in the air based on what you're playing. In general you can find a little synergy in every frame to help you decide on a weapon to use however weapons with heavy status will scale well on armor, esp elemental based ones. How far you want to go towards status again depends on the frame. If the frame has damage boosting abilities you can go more status. If it doesn't then you need a good hybrid options of Damage / Status.

In general the only rule that really applies for weapon choices is ammo economy. Also AoE has more weight over single target by comparison but that doesn't mean you're stuck with only AoE. It just means if you go single target it better pump some serious damage. Commonly considered Endurance weapons are things like Zarr, Torrid, Sicarus Prime, Amprex, Akstiletto Prime, Lenz, Tigris Prime, Lanka, Sobek, Quanta V, Synapse, Sonicor, Staticor, Pox, Zakti, most kitguns and most melee but like I said I've used weapons that aren't normally considered endurance weapons thanks to synergy.

Which do you think would be better between zarr and phantasma

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, (PS4)Karelxss said:

Which do you think would be better between zarr and phantasma

 

It's interesting. I haven't brought it on a long run but it's a Status monster though not great on ammo economy.

The alt fire projectiles can't be controlled so it's status potential gets spread out more than Zarr but the primary fire will melt armor in seconds.

I think it has potential but like I said, haven't messed with it much. Took a 6 month break and been catching up some gear whenever I get a login booster. Burned like 80 Forma so far.

Edited by Xzorn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, (PS4)Karelxss said:

How is the phantasma on ammo in long runs

Not the best as you no doubt imagined, but if you've got some other gear / abilities to balance it out (aka to use to kill every now and then) or if there's a Nekros in your long rong, you should be alright :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...