Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's rework was very underwelming.

LascarCapable

il y a 19 minutes, Anthraxicus a dit :

Because it seems DE can't code energy regen and energy drain to work together. See Nezha 1st ability for reference. 

Not sure if those two are always related. I can remember being affected by energy regen powers when using a few toggleables. It makes sense that Energy Siphon gets disabled though.

il y a 7 minutes, (PS4)teacup775 a dit :

We should probably tag flies on enemies as well. Perhaps the MC target will finally decide to aim at something if we do that.

Passive
+/- I like it. It's a step in the right direction, yet as squishy as she is, I'd rather not have a percentage decide wether I get one-shotted or not.

Mind control
+/- It's a cool gimic, but for a squishy frame filling the target up with dmg feels like a very risky operation
- Should indeed start after the stun duration
- Once enemies get lvl 80+ the dmg should scale better..
- Focus on Psychic bolted targets (Not sure if this is already a thing or not?)

Psychic Bolts
+ You only need 125% powerstrength to max it. Really nice <3
- I think the hold 2 is ok, to refresh targets.
-> However, I'd like to able to recast it. When there are still 2 targets affected you could shoot out 4 bolts at a reduced cost?
- A new augement: When a target affected by psychic bolts is killed the psychic bolt automaticly targets new target

Absorb
- Mesa is standing still and aiming for targets. Why can't we do anything in our Absorb? It's such a boring ability without the augement..
-> I like the mind tentacle attack idea, but what about when u have augement?

3 hours ago, D20 said:

Not sure if those two are always related. I can remember being affected by energy regen powers when using a few toggleables. It makes sense that Energy Siphon gets disabled though.

They can do it. Energy regen works for Equinox's Pacify / Provoke. I would actually prefer if they managed more channeling abilities in that way. I see no reason outside an inability to balance that regen can't work alongside drain. It also makes energy drain outside frame powers overly potent.

The most dangerous Eximus unit is the one that gets stuck under some stairs...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

Because it seems DE can't code energy regen and energy drain to work together. See Nezha 1st ability for reference. 

It's not that they can't code the two things to work together. Heck, we have Energy Leech enemies, which already do exactly that. The thing is that energy drain abilities blocking regen is an intentional mechanic explicitly designed to limit the power of toggle abilities by controlling their uptime. It's debatable how good of a job this does, but essentially toggle abilities block energy regen because you're not supposed to use them forever. 

Il y a 9 heures, Xzorn a dit :

They can do it. Energy regen works for Equinox's Pacify / Provoke. I would actually prefer if they managed more channeling abilities in that way. I see no reason outside an inability to balance that regen can't work alongside drain. It also makes energy drain outside frame powers overly potent.

The most dangerous Eximus unit is the one that gets stuck under some stairs...

That's what I thought. And yeah getting your energy drained by an eximus you can't see is a huge pain in the arse. But that's another subject.

Perhaps psychic bolts could also disable eximus effects ?

7 minutes ago, D20 said:

That's what I thought. And yeah getting your energy drained by an eximus you can't see is a huge pain in the arse. But that's another subject.

Perhaps psychic bolts could also disable eximus effects ?

That would actually be a good team damage boost. In some cases even better than stripping armor.

Something like a Venomous Eximus will 100% shut down a Toxic based weapon, same with Arson on Heat damage combinations and I know we all love shooting Arctic Eximus shields with a Crit based weapon. It would also help her recover from no longer being able to Disarm enemies since a Disarmed Eximus would not use it's special attacks.

• Like 1

I have some ideas for her Mind Control. In contrast to Revenant who can control multiple enemies Nyx has only one. So it should be superior to a normal minion to have some value. As the wind-up mechnia does not really work that well, we should get rid of it and make something more reliable to buff our MC target, some ideas :

• Give him an innate Bonus to damage, depending on Power Strength and/or his level (something like 5x damage at 100% and 10x damage at 200% Power strength)
  • depending on Power strength, you can have more then one target (75% 1,150% 2, 225% 3 targets) this won't be better damage wise but should offer a better distraction
  • use it only for distraction and make it her pasive, could work like the old disarm (X% chance to become Mind Controlled if hit by any of Nyx skills)
  • hold your second ability to enhance your MC target instead of debuffing enemies, giving him X% damage boost, depending on Power Strength

As an idea for Absorb, cast it not on yourself but on your MC target. As long as you channel it you get damage reduction/Invisibility/more Shields and your MC target gets the aggro. So you can move freely, shoot and cast abilities and also be a little tankier.

The rework of Psychic Bolts is nice, but it needs to be recastable/spammable to feel good to use. maybe if the limitation must stay, make the number of Bolts scalable. And the slow on infested feels useless, instead making damage would be better.

Le 20/12/2018 à 11:03, Xzorn a dit :

That would actually be a good team damage boost. In some cases even better than stripping armor.

Something like a Venomous Eximus will 100% shut down a Toxic based weapon, same with Arson on Heat damage combinations and I know we all love shooting Arctic Eximus shields with a Crit based weapon. It would also help her recover from no longer being able to Disarm enemies since a Disarmed Eximus would not use it's special attacks.

You know what, I'm adding that suggestion to the OP, because with your explanation it sounds like something really interesting to add.

1 hour ago, D20 said:

So it looks like Psychic Bolts can actually fully strip armor with just intensify, which is really good and possibly a reason why it's limited to 6 targets. Still doesn't excuse the absurd "hold 2 to disengage" mechanic though.

It can and the "hold 2" thing is...inexplicable. 

Just make it cancel like MC. Hit the button, strip armor and shields. Hit button, cancel. Hit button, strip (other) armor and shields. None of this hold business. Totally unnecessary and needlessly complicated.