Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staticor's unwelcome charged shot change

TyrianMollusk

The charged shot was more fun slower and without self damage.  We could do fun things like fight alongside the slower shot, or throw quick shots to arrive with the slow shot, etc.  Now, the charged shot is a little more usable in a basic sense, but still not actually ever worth using, and with the fun alternative uses taken away.

You've reduced it to merely a utilitarian thing, except it doesn't really have that utility compared to the quick shot (which is fine again with the smaller AoE--leave it alone now).  The old slower, safer shot also didn't really have a utilitarian place, but it did have being fun to play with going for it.  The faster charge would have been nice at getting it more involved, if it hadn't been made lame in the process.

It's good the quick-fire AoE is back within reason, but please reduce the charge flight speed and drop the completely unnecessary self-damage.  Let us have fun with it.  That's all the charged shot is really good for anyway.

Also. while it's good to finally be able to see the explosions, the new graphics are too opaque.  It makes it difficult to see, which can be especially annoying for squadmates.

i like nothing about these new changes. my Forum post got removed. but yours is saying the same thing. (so yours will be removed soon too)
the FX looks plain and the mobs dont fly off like they used to. i cant use it without killing myself. if the staticor stays like this it turns from my fav weapon into scrap im never using again.

1 hour ago, DavidCurser said:

i like nothing about these new changes. my Forum post got removed. but yours is saying the same thing. (so yours will be removed soon too)
the FX looks plain and the mobs dont fly off like they used to. i cant use it without killing myself. if the staticor stays like this it turns from my fav weapon into scrap im never using again.

Unless there's more posts I don't know about, they weren't deleted, just merged with a couple of other threads. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1045078-staticor/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-10410013

3 hours ago, Lancars said:

I think the loss of charge when someone runs into you need to go now if fighting it to close to yourself is to risky. 

Aw, I see what you mean, but that would be a shame.  I'd rather they got rid of the self-damage, but if it has to stay, I still want to keep the "melee" mode.

13 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Unless there's more posts I don't know about, they weren't deleted, just merged with a couple of other threads. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1045078-staticor/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-10410013

Aw, I see what you mean, but that would be a shame.  I'd rather they got rid of the self-damage, but if it has to stay, I still want to keep the "melee" mode.

Melee mode is still there i checked it. Doesn't self damage. It's the fired projectile that does and it works like the corpus bow in a way now.

1 hour ago, Lancars said:

Melee mode is still there i checked it. Doesn't self damage. It's the fired projectile that does and it works like the corpus bow in a way now.

Oh, I wasn't saying it's gone or that the contact discharge blows up in your face now.   Just that I'd rather keep the melee discharge  than lose it even if self damage makes it a little more dangerous.

I do think melee mode is slightly riskier to use now, but it's set up so that it's not all that bad.  To kill yourself using  it, you have to discharge // get some distance from the target // charge it all the way up // and release accidentally without getting into contact range again.  That's at least two or three user errors.

5 hours ago, Souchira said:

The real problem is that the charged shot goes off when you run into/near an enemy and *poof* your dead.

I haven't used it much, but I couldn't get that to happen yesterday with the contact discharge.  Even charged up, if I ran into a target I was getting what looked like an uncharged shot: low radius, no energy field, and no self damage.

If you're just talking about using it at close range in general, sorry for misunderstanding.