Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit-Taker Feedback (I'm Not A Fan)

Cliff_Racer

For a scoop of context, I'm not going to claim to be the sort of person who's fantastic at the game. I'm running on a three year old Wal-Mart PC so during most Fortuna content I get a solid 24 fps in the idealest of situations. My weapons are a bit above 'pretty good' and my builds are as good as I can get them without copying actual meta builds.

I'm really not a fan of the Profit-Taker fight. I've tried it twice and had no luck both times, I just keep getting frustrated and quitting when it's obvious that absolutely no progress is being made on its health bar. 

ISSUE 1) The Colors Of The R A I N B O W
Have you ever tried to cover every element in the game with your weapons? It's impossible! Because your base elements keep fusing in to fancier ones! Crazy, right? So that means when the Profit-Taker decides it only wants to be damaged by those specific elements (especially frost, who actually keeps raw frost damage on their guns?) it's pretty likely that nobody's gonna have it! It feels really annoying and it's a bunch of waiting and getting shot at that I don't like!

ISSUE 2) If we had any more adds we could officially call the Profit-Taker fight a streaming service for your favorite animes
Oh my god there are SO MANY CORPUS. ALL THE TIME. And it's always all the corpus that have all the CC, so if you're not getting CC'd by the Profit-Taker, you're getting CC'd by all the Corpus that're spawning in. Honestly, the adds are the real threat in the fight! I don't remember getting downed by very many of the Profit-Taker's attacks, but it's probably because the Corpus that spawn at the level of the fight all have OHKO damage anyways. It feels really bad to have more time on the ground than time trying to dodge things and fight.

ISSUE 3) CC Is Bad And Not Fun
Partially covered above. It'd be fine if it were just the Profit-Taker's attacks knocking you around, but practically every type of Corpus enemy that spawns has some way to stop you from being able to dodge and shoot. Oh by the way not being able to dodge means you get shot! Kinda funny how that works. You get CC'd by everything and die. 

I'm not gonna pretend that the best way to fix the Profit-Taker fight is to completely gut it and make it more braindead than fighting The Sergeant, but at least Eidolons are fightable. Profit-Taker just feels like I'm standing around sneezing my ammo away until I die or one of the squad gets mad and leaves, then everybody else follows. Eidolons have a clearcut strategy in mind, they have a specific thing to build towards (rad damage, punch through), and they're generally not that bad to fight if you play decently enough. With the Profit-Taker, how am I supposed to find a pub squad that specifically covers every element in the game? And how are we supposed to get any DPS if, say, only one or two people have the element the Profit-Taker wants to be hurt by?

It doesn't feel good and I'm upset and rantposting again!

Edited by Cliff_Racer

6 minutes ago, Cliff_Racer said:

ISSUE 1) The Colors Of The R A I N B O W
Have you ever tried to cover every element in the game with your weapons? It's impossible! Because your base elements keep fusing in to fancier ones! Crazy, right? So that means when the Profit-Taker decides it only wants to be damaged by those specific elements (especially frost, who actually keeps raw frost damage on their guns?) it's pretty likely that nobody's gonna have it! It feels really annoying and it's a bunch of waiting and getting shot at that I don't like!

You don't need to have EVERY element. Just at least one of each on your weapons. Also, you can coordinate with your team to switch the damage types. (Operator amps switch damage type orb is vulnerable to) So, this statement about Pretty likely nobody's gonna have it should not be much of an issue.

ISSUE 2) If we had any more adds we could officially call the Profit-Taker fight a streaming service for your favorite animes
Oh my god there are SO MANY CORPUS. ALL THE TIME. And it's always all the corpus that have all the CC, so if you're not getting CC'd by the Profit-Taker, you're getting CC'd by all the Corpus that're spawning in. Honestly, the adds are the real threat in the fight! I don't remember getting downed by very many of the Profit-Taker's attacks, but it's probably because the Corpus that spawn at the level of the fight all have OHKO damage anyways. It feels really bad to have more time on the ground than time trying to dodge

Are you or your team taking down the beacons. I have done this fight a few times and notice players just try to do whatever they want without actually coordinating. For example, everyone wants to attack the orb while no one is paying attention to the fact that everyone is getting surrounded. 

ISSUE 3) CC Is Bad And Not Fun
Partially covered above. It'd be fine if it were just the Profit-Taker's attacks knocking you around, but practically every type of Corpus enemy that spawns has some way to stop you from being able to dodge and shoot. Oh by the way not being able to dodge means you get shot! Kinda funny how that works. You get CC'd by everything and die. 

Kinda goes back to my previous point

Im summary, I have had 1 or 2 bad fights, but the successful fights happened with very simple communication and coordination.  YOu don't have to have the most OP weapons. A little teamwork or pre-made squads will help. Anyways Good Luck and HF.,

Not to mention the BS mechanic of the Profit-Taker shield based on pure random, which escalates when the timer starts ticking.

Like, did DE learn ANYTHING from the first version of the Prosecutors ? Doesen't DE get it that invuln phases (because let's face it, these is ALWAYS going to be some "invuln phase" moment where the bastard shields with a damage type nobody has) are NOT FUN ? At least back when we didn't have Damage 2.0 and all we had was the basic elemental damage types, but now ? EVERY damage type ? Really ? Who thought it was a good idea to put every single damage type on that thing ?

Edited by Otakuwolf

2 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

You don't need to have EVERY element. Just at least one of each on your weapons. Also, you can coordinate with your team to switch the damage types. (Operator amps switch damage type orb is vulnerable to) So, this statement about Pretty likely nobody's gonna have it should not be much of an issue.

Because that's possible with a PUG, which is why there's matchmaking? Nope. Expect to have folks bring the same element a time or two.

My problem with the fight, is Phase 3. Phase 1 and 2 of the fight is fine. You knock it down, it puts up shields, so you knock them down and repeat. THEN in the last 3rd, you get an arbitrary time limit placed on you. So if you're in a PUG, as previously stated, and your team has overlapping weapon damage types (because it's a PUG), then you're gunna lose.

Also, if you switch loadouts, and haven't equipped the Heavy Weapon to your NEW loadout slot, you won't actually bring the weapon with you. This happened to me on my second run. Not fun to NOT have an arch weapon where you REALLY need one. HW is linked to each loadout slot, not universal like Archwing and K-drives are.

So yeah, time limits suck. Want to know why this isn't a problem with Tridelon hunting? You got 40 minutes to beat the crud out of them and the most you gotta worry about from their support is some Vombs rushing in and being annoying. Other than that, you got 40 minutes to do whatever you want. Here, I have no idea how much time you have in Phase 3 but is sucks anyways because it's almost never enough with a PUG.

1 minute ago, Salenstormwing said:

So yeah, time limits suck. Want to know why this isn't a problem with Tridelon hunting? You got 40 minutes to beat the crud out of them and the most you gotta worry about from their support is some Vombs rushing in and being annoying. Other than that, you got 40 minutes to do whatever you want. Here, I have no idea how much time you have in Phase 3 but is sucks anyways because it's almost never enough with a PUG.

It's 4 mins or 3 mins and a half.

1 minute ago, Salenstormwing said:

It's still not necessary. It sucks all the fun out of the fight. Instead of having an intense fight, I'm having an impossible fight where I fight against a clock AND the enemy.

As i mentioned above, the problem is just the shield, it has WAY TOO MANY resistances.

If, say, it only had the base damage types to be dealt with, or the base damage types AND elemental types BEING GENEROUS, it would be way more doable and enjoyable... but, no, they also had to trow in the combined elements because... i guess they were afraid otherwise it wouldn't have been frustrating enough to deal with.

Just now, Otakuwolf said:

As i mentioned above, the problem is just the shield, it has WAY TOO MANY resistances.

If, say, it only had the base damage types to be dealt with, or the base ?damage types AND elemental types BEING GENEROUS, it would be way more doable and enjoyable... but, no, they also had to trow in the combined elements because... i guess they were ?afraid otherwise it wouldn't have been frustrating enough to deal with.

It's both.

Lots of Corpus thrown in. Unlike an Eidelon where you got Vombs who are annoying, they won't kill you outright. And you have no time limit. Here, time limit, shield.

1 minute ago, ShinTechG said:

So far, I did about 4-5 successful runs in a PUG. So what is really the issue here?

Having one person who can nuke down the thing before an arbitrary time limit shows up and not getting a bug where you equipped a Heavy Weapon but because you switched loadouts, it doesn't have the Heavy Weapon equipped, even though it lets you do Bounty 4, and then you fight against a stupid time limit in the 3rd phase so I hope you can kill it fast because if you don't, you lose and you just wasted everyone's time.

Eidelon hunting is less frustrating than this because they give you 40 minutes to do what you want. You don't fight against RNGesus the Elemental Shield AND a Clock.

Just now, Otakuwolf said:

Congrats, you are apparently a very lucky person, or you have a lot more freetime than anybody in here to fully build every weapon you need.

Nah, took a very long time to get to a decent spot. Not luck, not necessarily more "freetime". Answer: I'm just not lazy and work for my rewards.

11 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

Nah, took a very long time to get to a decent spot. Not luck, not necessarily more "freetime". Answer: I'm just not lazy and work for my rewards.

So you are admitting to have enough freetime with the first part of the statement.

Here's a thing tho: work =/= reward for everyone everytime.

You worked on your stuff and got thorough ? Good for you, but guess what: we are not all like that, and as you may see in the forum posts, a lot of people try to put the time and effort but for one or another reason can't get the same results of you and those others who say "is fine as it is".

Of course nobody expects the Orb to be a mere bullet sponge, but we also expect it to be within the realm of "reasonable", which doesen't equal being easy, but rather including elements such as "not rely on RNGesus" (which seems to always been a thing with DE) or "not rely on broken mechanics (like spamming)".

Edited by Otakuwolf

3 minutes ago, Otakuwolf said:

So you are admitting to have enough freetime with the first part of the statement.

Here's a thing tho: work =/= reward for everyone everytime.

You worked on your stuff and got thorough ? Good for you, but guess what: we are not all like that, and as you may see in the forum posts, a lot of people try to put the time and effort but for one or another reason can't get the same results of you and those others who say "is fine as it is".

Of course nobody expects the Orb to be a mere bullet sponge, but we also expect it to be within the realm of "reasonable", which doesen't equal being easy, but rather including elements such as "not rely on RNGesus" (which seems to always been a thing with DE) or "not rely on broken mechanics (like spamming)".

Well if you are telling me a lot of people put the time and effort and cannot get the same results then sounds like a personal issue that needs to be resolved with that person and not the game. The fight is more than in the realm of reasonable because clearly it has been done successfully many times by a lot of other players besides myself. Anyways, Thanks for your feedback and views on this, but i'm finished talking about this.

Edited by ShinTechG

7 hours ago, ShinTechG said:

Well if you are telling me a lot of people put the time and effort and cannot get the same results then sounds like a personal issue that needs to be resolved with that person and not the game. The fight is more than in the realm of reasonable because clearly it has been done successfully many times by a lot of other players besides myself. Anyways, Thanks for your feedback and views on this, but i'm finished talking about this.

"A lot of people" is anything but a "personal issue". Even if you also say "done successfully many times by a lot of other players" it still clashes with the "lot of other people" you mentioned before so i'd say we are at least 50/50, which in any case means that it can still use some tweaking.

Also, YW, but if you don't feel like talking about it anymore you shouldn't say it out loud (write), it makes you look like running away with your hands on your ears yelling "lalalalala i don't listen..."