Nyx's Bolts recast

Pryzmatiq

After using Nyx since the rework, I really think that instead of holding the ability key down for Psychic Bolts to deactivate the current cast, that casting the ability again should instead deactivate the current cast at the moment you throw out more bolts. Right now it feels very clunky. In the end, this would still only allow up to 6 targets to be affected at once, but make the ability work much more smoothly. Also, sorry if this has already been brought up in the forums. 

Yeah I agree this is really clunky at the moment. Should be immediate recast, no need to hold the button.

Holding to release is awkward, especially given the random uncontrollable projectile flight seeking out targets it wants to... then you've got to find that remaining x1 or x2 hiding somewhere or release then cast again on another group.

I like the mechanic, but the execution isn't flowing smooth enough at the moment.

Also think the augment - Pacifying Bolts should open enemies up to melee finishers while being confused for 10s.

There's no need to force only one instance of the ability to be active.

The RNG nature of Bolts mixed with her need to sacrifice Power Range in order to get to 130% Power Strength is enough.

Not to mention it makes her Pacifying Bolts augment far worse by comparison to it's previous performance when she could both Stun and disarm many enemies at once by spamming it. I don't think these changes were worth the price Nyx paid. She's overall worse off to get some Armor strip which the right guns do perfectly well on their own.

I've defended Nyx against Loki Rad Disarm for a long time but now I just have to give it to Loki.