Opticor is somehow in my inventory

(XBOX)Cl3verDuke332

Question

So a unranked Opticor with a Orokin Catalyst installed somehow was placed into my inventory. I don't know when I got it, and how I could possibly get it since I'm only MR 8 and the requirement for Opticor is MR 14. I tried looking around on the forums and there seems to be nothing similar to my situation. Is this a bug, or maybe I missed something? I just don't want to get in trouble for having this for some reason, and I don't feel like I earned it so I want to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Pic:

https://imgur.com/gallery/XCZLa0b

Edited by (XB1)Cl3verDuke332
Just adding a picture just in case

8 answers to this question

While individual items are subject to MR locks, Bundles are not. So if you buy a Bundle with something you can't buy separately, you'll still get the item. And once the item is in your inventory as an actual weapon, there are no restrictions to keep you from using it.

In this case, however, the culprit is Microsoft. They recently passed out codes for a Fortuna Booster Pack that gave a couple of 3-day boosters. In addition, anyone who redeemed the code got a free Opticor, complete with Weapon Slot and Catalyst, with no inbox message to indicate that you'd recieved it. And since it's now in your inventory, you can use it no problem.

Edited by (XB1)D34thst41ker

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

As it has a catalyst it may have been gifted to you or purchased via plat, both of which can skip the MR requirement last time I checked. 

See that's what I thought too, but I checked my inbox and there were no gifts (because I have no friends). I also checked to see if I had somehow bought it, but I couldn't have since you can't bypass the MR requirements with plat

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cl3verDuke332 said:

I couldn't have since you can't bypass the MR requirements with plat 

You sure?  Been a LONG time since I had MR concerns but pretty sure you could/can buy an item with plat and avoid the MR restrictions, ie you could get an mr14 item when you're mr8.

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You sure?  Been a LONG time since I had MR concerns but pretty sure you could/can buy an item with plat and avoid the MR restrictions, ie you could get an mr14 item when you're mr8.

https://imgur.com/gallery/MP5SpmQ

Yeah I'm positive, here's me trying to buy a Akmagnus with plat. You can see it says "This item is Mastery Rank Locked. You must reach rank 12 before you can purchase it," i the text.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

In this case, however, the culprit is Microsoft. They recently passed out codes for a Fortuna Booster Pack that gave a couple of 3-day boosters. In addition, anyone who redeemed the code got a free Opticor, complete with Weapon Slot and Catalyst, with no inbox message to indicate that you'd recieved it. And since it's now in your inventory, you can use it no problem.

^^

Take it and have fun with the Spartan laser 🙂

2 hours ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

While individual items are subject to MR locks, Bundles are not. So if you buy a Bundle with something you can't buy separately, you'll still get the item. And once the item is in your inventory as an actual weapon, there are no restrictions to keep you from using it.

OH okay, that clears everything up. I thought I ran into a really bad exploit. Thanks for all the help everyone